Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2012, 09:58 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,198,564 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObserverNY View Post
Are you kidding me? The price jumped $.20 in a week!

Do you folks realize that the United Arab Emirates (UAE) did not discover oil until 1960? That prior to 1960, the UAE survived on its pearl industry. But then they hit oil and put all of their work force into oil production. They built Dubai and Abu Dhabi into fabulously wealthy cities. They DRILLED BABY, DRILLED! They established FREE ZONES in their cities for foreign corporations to operate with REDUCED regulations and NO TAXES.

But let's place a moratorium on drilling in the Gulf.
Let's block the Keystone pipeline.
Let's give billions to Brazil to drill off its shores so we can "be their best customer"
Let's over-regulate and tax the coal industry to death.

OBAMA MUST GO!

the problem I have, is that the USA will not open more wells or drill more in the USA, but we will pay/give loans to other countries to open more wells and drills.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2012, 10:00 AM

3,179 posts, read 3,166,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMUAlum08 View Post
i think the point is that we should be moving away from oil altogether. domestic or foreign, it shouldn't matter if we are moving towards new and efficient sources of renewable energy.

maybe oil prices need to continue rising until people finally grasp the fact that oil is no longer the energy of the future that we should be dependent on
That's the point the Left would like us to believe. How about the fact that oil IS the energy of the PRESENT?

Old 09-12-2012, 10:03 AM

2,986 posts, read 4,577,410 times
Quote:
That's the point the Left would like us to believe. How about the fact that oil IS the energy of the PRESENT?
we need to move away from what we are presently doing then. (which we are) why is that so hard to understand?

Old 09-12-2012, 10:08 AM

11,523 posts, read 14,656,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
It's $3.50 where I live. I think 25% of your problem is local but blame Obama if that's your thing
This.

Old 09-12-2012, 10:21 AM

1,316 posts, read 2,464,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
High gas prices are a clear sign of “Washington’s failure to lead on energy,” Barack Obama 2008
According to your Right Wing supporters, there is no control over gas prices but of course, now that there is a Democrat is president in office, they have every control over those gas prices. Always the double standard from the Righties. Nothing new! Here is a post that has many Republicans who proclaim the President has nothing to do with gas prices. Folks, that still hasn't changed!!!!

Change of Subject: High gas prices not the president's fault!

Old 09-12-2012, 10:31 AM

Quote:
we need to move away from what we are presently doing then. (which we are) why is that so hard to understand?
We need to extract and utilize the natural resources that we HAVE. Why is that so hard to understand?

Old 09-12-2012, 10:35 AM

Quote:
We need to extract and utilize the natural resources that we HAVE. Why is that so hard to understand?
i guess you think global warming is a hoax?

Old 09-12-2012, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo7 View Post
According to your Right Wing supporters, there is no control over gas prices but of course, now that there is a Democrat is president in office, they have every control over those gas prices. Always the double standard from the Righties. Nothing new! Here is a post that has many Republicans who proclaim the President has nothing to do with gas prices. Folks, that still hasn't changed!!!!

Change of Subject: High gas prices not the president's fault!
Golly gee whiz jojo7! I guess you never saw this:

15 Times Obama & Democrats Blame Bush For Gas Prices - YouTube

Old 09-12-2012, 10:39 AM

Quote:
i guess you think global warming is a hoax?
Of course I, along with several thousand expert scientists, believe global warming is a hoax designed by the UN and the Gorical to establish a means of imposing a global redistribution tax upon wealthier nations. You didn't get that memo?

Old 09-12-2012, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Of course I, along with several thousand expert scientists, believe global warming is a hoax designed by the UN and the Gorical to establish a means of imposing a global redistribution tax upon wealthier nations. You didn't get that memo?
thanks for the laugh
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections