Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2012, 12:24 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,123,156 times

Advertisements

I say it absolutely does...

Quote:
Despite sluggish job growth and a weak manufacturing outlook, there are signs the economy is on the rise. Foreclosure rates in 2011 dropped 34% compared with 2010, according to RealtyTrac, and personal bankruptcies also declined during that period.

And while the Gallup poll would suggest that the DNC has ginned up a sizable swing in public optimism, what it may reflect is a highly successful appeal to the party faithful. "More likely what [the DNC] did was tie people's party identifications," Vavrek said. The numbers bear that out: According to Gallup, Democrats' confidence for the week spanning the convention averaged +24, up 17 points from the prior week, and confidence was up 13 points among independents, but was virtually unchanged among Republicans.
Does a Boost in Economic Confidence Spell Trouble for Romney? - DailyFinance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2012, 12:26 PM

5,787 posts, read 4,715,346 times
Too bad that all indicators point to the economy being WORSE than it was just last year:

Does this look like an economy that’s moving forward?

Old 09-12-2012, 12:28 PM

With "improvements" like this, we are all doomed!:

Federal deficit officially tops $1 trillion for the fourth time - another downgrade in the works

Old 09-12-2012, 12:30 PM

More news of an "improving" economy:

Obama on track to have worst job record since World War II

Old 09-12-2012, 12:37 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,101,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
I say it absolutely does...
Using your statement, then you would agree that if the economy is bad, then its trouble for Obama?

Old 09-12-2012, 12:44 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,947,225 times
I love watching these desperate attempts to try and convince us things are on the up and up.

P-A-T-H- -T-I-C

I'd like to buy a vowel please

Old 09-12-2012, 12:48 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,176,592 times
I hate Obama, Obama bad for America!

Actually any improvements in the economy is good for America regardless of who is the president. It is a shame most Cons on here would rather see the economy and country get worse so they could throw out the Democrats and put in their own guys. I think it should be important for every politician in Congress and the White House to want to push America forward and improve our economy regardless if the person they are working with has a D or R after their name.

Old 09-12-2012, 12:51 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,101,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
It is a shame most Cons on here would rather see the economy and country get worse so they could throw out the Democrats and put in their own guys.
pointing out Democratic policies are destructive, isnt the same as hoping the economy gets worse

If we wanted to see the economy get worse, we'd be supporting Obama..

Old 09-12-2012, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
I hate Obama, Obama bad for America!

Actually any improvements in the economy is good for America regardless of who is the president. It is a shame most Cons on here would rather see the economy and country get worse so they could throw out the Democrats and put in their own guys. I think it should be important for every politician in Congress and the White House to want to push America forward and improve our economy regardless if the person they are working with has a D or R after their name.

Nice platitudes......too bad there's nothing indicating any improvement. In fact, most indicators point to things being worse than only one year ago.

Any improvements are IN SPITE of Obama, not because of him.

Just like things got WORSE after the recession ended and Obama's policies took us away from recovery.

Old 09-12-2012, 12:58 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,176,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
pointing out Democratic policies are destructive, isnt the same as hoping the economy gets worse

If we wanted to see the economy get worse, we'd be supporting Obama..
Yes, I got you, your side is right and the only policies that work for America are Republican policies, nothing else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections