Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2012, 02:18 PM

4,088 posts, read 4,388,688 times

Advertisements

Politico's Mike Allen was smart enough to ask the Romney campaign, if Romney has ever before declined to put in for the full charitable deduction when filing his tax return.The campaign's response? "Uh, no..."

BRUNCH EDITION -- 45 days to Nov. 6; 11 days to Debate 1 -- Allies yearn for Ryan unplugged -- Romney manipulated taxes to INCREASE publicized rate -- Santorum cameo in Bruni column - POLITICO Playbook - POLITICO.com

Gee, I wonder why he did it THIS time???

Hint- had Mitt declared all of the $4 mil he and Ann gave to charity in 2011, his tax rate would have dropped to 10.5% ()

"10.5%?! I'm running for OFFICE, for Pete's sake!!!"

But don't worry about poor Mitt- he has THREE YEARS to change his mind, and get that refund check

My guess is, he'll amend his filing on, oh, say, Nov 7th!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2012, 02:30 PM

2,046 posts, read 1,500,069 times
Does it surprise anyone? After his transfer of some of his offshore holding to Ann in 2003, one day b4 being sworn in as gov as MA, does it really surprise you? Tax manipulation has been part of his bio since he started making money and wanting to pursue a political career.

Old 09-22-2012, 02:38 PM

371 posts, read 443,409 times
More on this:
Romney Lawyer Admits They Manipulated Taxes to Conform to 13% Claim

Old 09-22-2012, 02:48 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,311,358 times
Default Obama's brother is in a hut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
Politico's Mike Allen was smart enough to ask the Romney campaign, if Romney has ever before declined to put in for the full charitable deduction when filing his tax return.The campaign's response? "Uh, no..."

BRUNCH EDITION -- 45 days to Nov. 6; 11 days to Debate 1 -- Allies yearn for Ryan unplugged -- Romney manipulated taxes to INCREASE publicized rate -- Santorum cameo in Bruni column - POLITICO Playbook - POLITICO.com

Hint- had Mitt declared all of the $4 mil he and Ann gave to charity in 2011, his tax rate would have dropped to 10.5% ()

But don't worry about poor Mitt- he has THREE YEARS to change his mind, and get that refund check

I also suppose that it never occurred to Politico, or any of you critics of Romney, that had he deducted the full amount of his charitable deductions, you would have ripped him to shreads. Right?

Damned if you do, and damned if you don't. You people are desparate!

It also never occurred to you that Romney gives a lot of his money to charities.
It never occurred to you that Romney helps people, whild Obama leaves his brother living in a hut.
It never occurred to you that Romney celebrates success, while Obama disparages it and punishes it.
It never occurred to you that Romney would like to see people lifted out of poverty, while Obama makes them slaves to the government.

Just a few things.

Old 09-22-2012, 02:50 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,536,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post

This is the one that was for show if he needed to provide it and as we know he wanted to distract us from his 47% video. He may even amend it sooner when his numbers tank more.

Old 09-22-2012, 03:03 PM

Default Oh, the 47% again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
This is the one that was for show if he needed to provide it and as we know he wanted to distract us from his 47% video. He may even amend it sooner when his numbers tank more.
That was so NOT an issue, when you listened to what he said. I'm so done with that. It is so typical of liberals to apply their own interpretation to a clear statement and twist it and turn it. I laughed when I first heard what he said. Notihng like what the liberals claimed.

But you sure like to squeel when we take Obama's clear statements in context and rip him.

Old 09-22-2012, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13JERM View Post
"Real Liberal Politics" Now that sounds like a trustworthy site!

Old 09-22-2012, 04:22 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,600,753 times
Lightbulb hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
I also suppose that it never occurred to Politico, or any of you critics of Romney, that had he deducted the full amount of his charitable deductions, you would have ripped him to shreads. Right?

Damned if you do, and damned if you don't. You people are desparate!
You'll never know since Romney chose to manipulate his tax information for political gain leaving you the un-enviable position of defending his unethical behavior.

The Romneys voluntarily paid a higher tax rate than they were legally required, which the campaign said they did in order to stay consistent with Romney's pledge to never play less than a 13 percent tax rate.Source

Unfortunately Romney also stated "if I paid more than are legally due I don’t think I’d be qualified to become president."Source

Offer accepted. ~adios

Old 09-22-2012, 05:50 PM

4,088 posts, read 4,388,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
You'll never know since Romney chose to manipulate his tax information for political gain leaving you the un-enviable position of defending his unethical behavior.

The Romneys voluntarily paid a higher tax rate than they were legally required, which the campaign said they did in order to stay consistent with Romney's pledge to never play less than a 13 percent tax rate.Source

Unfortunately Romney also stated "if I paid more than are legally due I don’t think I’d be qualified to become president."Source

Offer accepted. ~adios
The very sad thing is, George Romney ROUTINELY declined to file for every deduction he had coming.

But that was a different time, and a different Romney. Mitt is a pale shadow compared to his dad.

Old 09-22-2012, 05:59 PM

2,654 posts, read 5,762,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
I would rather see a valid Birh Certificate from Obama than worry about Mitt Romney's tax returns. I pretty sure Romney is a more honest man than Barack Obama, who seems to have a problem telling the truth.
When you post stuff like this, it makes me wonder if your username was chosen ironically and you're just trolling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections