Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2012, 03:49 PM

4,684 posts, read 4,574,213 times

Advertisements

Michael Tomasky: Don?t Blame Mitt for the GOP?s Problems - The Daily Beast

Things have come to a pretty pass indeed for the Romney campaign when Michael Tomasky begins writing "to be fair to the guy" columns on their behalf.

Of course, Tomasky's larger point, that this year's defeat can't just be pinned on Willard, but actually derives from the current appalling state of the GOP as a whole, is entirely well-taken.

But even so - Tomasky defending Romney from Noonan is simply astonishing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2012, 04:14 PM

25,580 posts, read 56,488,147 times
Gotta admit, I kinda' (teensy eensy bit) feel sorry for the guy. Takes a lot of chutzpah to get out on the stump day after day, especially after the 47% remark. There is no walking that back. "47% of Americans." Ye gads.

Ann was in Milwaukee yesterday, I think. Not looking too happy. She didn't want to do this, in the first place. The debacle, so far, has to be putting a strain on everyone. I've been wondering about their marriage. LOL

Maybe he'll redeem himself in the debates. (hope not)

However, it's not over yet.

Old 09-23-2012, 04:25 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,673,869 times
I don't understand why liberals keep on about Peggy Noonan. She hasn't been conservative for a long time. She veered left at least 2 or 3 years ago that I noticed.

She's no conservative!

Old 09-23-2012, 06:20 PM

4,684 posts, read 4,574,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
She veered left at least 2 or 3 years ago that I noticed.

Optical illusion; you veered right.

Old 09-23-2012, 06:31 PM

2,299 posts, read 4,827,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by squarian View Post
Optical illusion; you veered right.

Old 09-23-2012, 06:33 PM

2,299 posts, read 4,827,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
Gotta admit, I kinda' (teensy eensy bit) feel sorry for the guy. Takes a lot of chutzpah to get out on the stump day after day, especially after the 47% remark. There is no walking that back. "47% of Americans." Ye gads.

Ann was in Milwaukee yesterday, I think. Not looking too happy. She didn't want to do this, in the first place. The debacle, so far, has to be putting a strain on everyone. I've been wondering about their marriage. LOL

Maybe he'll redeem himself in the debates. (hope not)

However, it's not over yet.
I do wonder how Ann is holding up. This is difficult for the Spouse and I wonder how this affects her MS.

But they were not forced into this, and I think of all the hate-filled comments directed at Michelle and she appears to hold up very well.

Old 09-23-2012, 07:44 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,246,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingAloha View Post
I do wonder how Ann is holding up. This is difficult for the Spouse and I wonder how this affects her MS.

But they were not forced into this, and I think of all the hate-filled comments directed at Michelle and she appears to hold up very well.
Michelle has had a life time of hate filled comments and prejudice directed at her. If it does not destroy you it does make you stronger. Ann, on the other hand, grew up in a protected universe of wealth and privilege. The real world can be hard on people like that.

Old 09-24-2012, 05:41 AM

9,982 posts, read 13,763,920 times
Well, I must admit that it must be hard to be two months out and really feel you've lost. Must be hard to keep a stiff upper lip and do it day after day, when you know it is done.

I am somewhat shocked that the pundits seem to have bailed out so quickly. What about honor among thieves?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections