Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2012, 12:48 PM

10,581 posts, read 9,785,325 times

Advertisements

I've pointed out a number of polls that show Obama ahead by 1%, 3%, as much as 7%. But they do it by asking 20%, 30%, or even 40% more Democrats than Republicans. In other words, they are saying that if 40% more Dems vote on Nov. 6, than Republicans, then Obama will will win by 7%

But one polling group (Rasmussen Reports) has actually been keeping count of how many Dems and Republicans there are in the country. The latest count (published Sept. 1) says they are almost exactly even - there are equal number of Dems and Repubs in the country. And they base their own polls on those numbers, not on lopsided Democrat numbers. And their polls regularly come out even or with Romney slightly ahead.

If you take the data from other polls, and "weight" it by the ACTUAL numbers of Dems and Republicans in the country, the results come out quite differently from what those polls tried to report.

See UnSkewed Polls -- erasing the bias to show an accurate picture of politics

See click on the small picture below. Puts a rather different look on Romney's election prospects, doesn't it?
Attached Thumbnails
Un-skewed polls consistently show Romney ahead by 7-10% or more-unskewed_25sep2012.jpg  

Old 09-25-2012, 12:55 PM

2,160 posts, read 1,955,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
I've pointed out a number of polls that show Obama ahead by 1%, 3%, as much as 7%. But they do it by asking 20%, 30%, or even 40% more Democrats than Republicans. In other words, they are saying that if 40% more Dems vote on Nov. 6, than Republicans, then Obama will will win by 7%

But one polling group (Rasmussen Reports) has actually been keeping count of how many Dems and Republicans there are in the country. The latest count (published Sept. 1) says they are almost exactly even - there are equal number of Dems and Repubs in the country. And they base their own polls on those numbers, not on lopsided Democrat numbers. And their polls regularly come out even or with Romney slightly ahead.

If you take the data from other polls, and "weight" it by the ACTUAL numbers of Dems and Republicans in the country, the results come out quite differently from what those polls tried to report.

See UnSkewed Polls -- erasing the bias to show an accurate picture of politics

See click on the small picture below. Puts a rather different look on Romney's election prospects, doesn't it?
Who?

Oh, Rasmussen! The pollster showing Obama leading Romney nationally and in most of the swing states!

Daily Presidential Tracking Poll - Rasmussen Reports™
Daily Swing State Tracking Poll - Rasmussen Reports™

Good luck with clinging to your "All the polls are wrong!" fantasy, like a drowning man clings to a piece of driftwood!

Old 09-25-2012, 01:01 PM

10,581 posts, read 9,785,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Onions View Post
Who?

Oh, Rasmussen! The pollster showing Obama leading Romney nationally and in most of the swing states!

Daily Presidential Tracking Poll - Rasmussen Reports™
Daily Swing State Tracking Poll - Rasmussen Reports™

Good luck with clinging to your "All the polls are wrong!" fantasy, like a drowning man clings to a piece of driftwood!
TRANSLATION: I can't refute any of the figures provided by the OP, or linked as his sources. But I hate them anyway, so I'll try to change the subject, pretend it has something to do with what he said, and hope somebody believes me instead of the dozen polls and data he cited.

----------------------------------

In fact, every poll in the group, which tried to claim Obama was ahead, actually showed WITH ITS OWN DATA that Romney was ahead instead.

Sorry, Demmies. Back to the drawing board, eh?

Old 09-25-2012, 01:08 PM

4,300 posts, read 4,409,483 times
When I was at Camp Victory (Baghdad) in 2008, we had all the major news networks rotating on our work TV screen. All the polls given by MSNBC showed Obama beating McCain by 8-10 %. Fox's polls had it all neck-to-neck. CNN had Obama winning by 4-6 %. CNN was spot on. CNN is biased (so don't get me wrong), but they show the more reliable polling sources whereas MSNBC and Fox was just blowing sunshine up their own shorts to push their agendas. I refuse to watch either of those two networks anymore. I have added BBC to my news sources since.

Old 09-25-2012, 01:11 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,892,870 times
I wish it was not so, but Romney is behind and the electoral college looks even worse.

Old 09-25-2012, 01:12 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,129,807 times
I know people hate Obama, but I can't believe people are actually voting for Romney. If anything, vote for Ron Paul. Romney represents everything wrong with our current economy.

Old 09-25-2012, 01:45 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,165,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
I know people hate Obama, but I can't believe people are actually voting for Romney. If anything, vote for Ron Paul. Romney represents everything wrong with our current economy.
Sure, if Romney gets in and starts creating jobs making obama and ron paul look weak. Romney is a job creator. That is just what we need NOW.

Old 09-25-2012, 01:50 PM

45,226 posts, read 26,450,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Sure, if Romney gets in and starts creating jobs making obama and ron paul look weak. Romney is a job creator. That is just what we need NOW.
Government doesn't create jobs we individuals in a free market do.
Romney will sure boost the defense contractors coffers with taxpayer money, maybe you are counting that?

unbeliveable how bad the GOP muffed this election by nominating an individual who shares the same big government solutions to big government created problems, as the creature we have now.

Old 09-25-2012, 01:54 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,114,106 times
Substituting "biased" polls for other biased polls.

RCP: Obama by 3.8
4 years ago at this time, Obama by 3.3.

RealClearPolitics - Election 2012 - General Election: Romney vs. Obama

Old 09-25-2012, 01:55 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,114,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post

How will he create jobs? I mean here in the US, not China, India, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections