Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2012, 09:32 PM

18,495 posts, read 32,953,051 times

Advertisements

Sorry Gal. The South is slipping away from yall.

This is not just about Obama. Obama is not a trend. The trend is a loosening on the Solid South mantra.

Just like the democrats lost it so will the republicans.

Well. You all maybe be left with West Virginia, Mississippi and Alabama if that is any consolation prize. Thats a whopping 20 electoral votes out of 190 in the south. whooohooo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2012, 09:41 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plates View Post
It happens all the time.

Conservatives were for slavery.

Conservatives were against women voting.

Conservatives were against blacks voting.

Conservatives were against civil rights.

Conservatives are against gay marriage.

Most consider those to be bad now and the same will happen not to long from now. They have been, and still are, on the losing side of history.
Where the hell did you go to school because most of the **** you just keyed isnt even close.

Old 09-29-2012, 09:43 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Obvious View Post
Seems like you were suggsting that Mid-term election results can speak to what is happening now in a presidential election, was that not your point?
only a fool would use 2008 election results considering there isnt an election EVER with the Democratic ratio similar to what took place.

Old 09-29-2012, 09:57 PM

1,988 posts, read 2,223,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound of Reason View Post
Actually, I think that younger voters are already starting to trend more conservative, though they may not yet be showing up in the polls. As younger voters become more evangelical, liberalism will die a quick death.

Consider the following, filled with 20-somethings.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XD0cvWImVjA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fL-TwKzkCk
Wha? Younger voters becoming more evangelical? Maybe in the deep south but not the rest of the country. The rest of the country is becoming less and less religious over time. Face it, demographic changes are going to hurt the GOP in a major way in the next few national elections.

Old 09-29-2012, 10:15 PM

993 posts, read 831,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
Sorry Gal. The South is slipping away from yall.

This is not just about Obama. Obama is not a trend. The trend is a loosening on the Solid South mantra.

Just like the democrats lost it so will the republicans.

Well. You all maybe be left with West Virginia, Mississippi and Alabama if that is any consolation prize. Thats a whopping 20 electoral votes out of 190 in the south. whooohooo
You were either totally blinded to my point or you refused to comprehend it or something. What is it with democrats that they are in the depths of denial about Obama?

Old 09-29-2012, 11:30 PM

18,495 posts, read 32,953,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gal from the South View Post
You were either totally blinded to my point or you refused to comprehend it or something. What is it with democrats that they are in the depths of denial about Obama?
I am not a democrat.

Why do you guys think everyone who can formulate an opinion is a democrat? Can't you guys debate without forcing people into columns?

Old 09-29-2012, 11:54 PM

14,682 posts, read 14,648,352 times
When I saw South Carolina was getting hints of purple, I knew something drastic was happening.
I think there will be a shift, but it won't be as dramatic as you propose; VA, NC & CO will continue to attract more left-leaning transplants, but TX, AZ & FL will continue to be destinations for just as many conservative as liberal people, which won't change them much from their current bendt. OH may lean slightly more left, since the Columbus area is becoming more liberal and is the main destination for relocatees to the state.

Old 09-29-2012, 11:59 PM

993 posts, read 831,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
I am not a democrat.

Why do you guys think everyone who can formulate an opinion is a democrat? Can't you guys debate without forcing people into columns?
Sorry about insulting you that way. I was just frustrated that your point didn't address mine, which was that Obama's world view and his plan to "fundamentally change America" do not seem to include the same structure of government that we now have. He has laid it out fairly clearly, but a lot people are blind to it.

Old 09-30-2012, 12:49 AM

24,407 posts, read 26,956,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
only a fool would use 2008 election results considering there isnt an election EVER with the Democratic ratio similar to what took place.
I notice you love to name call people... You've done it to me and many other members on numerous threads. It honestly shows you are just insecure with your own beliefs and hurts the message you are trying to get across.

...just sayin'

Old 09-30-2012, 03:44 AM

1,202 posts, read 1,252,115 times
Quote:
You dislike white people, admit it.

It's particularly shocking that you think that it is okay to say such negative things about older white people.
There was nothing negative there. However, your racist and bigoted posts about Obama are incredibly disgusting.

Quote:
Actually, I think that younger voters are already starting to trend more conservative, though they may not yet be showing up in the polls. As younger voters become more evangelical, liberalism will die a quick death.

Consider the following, filled with 20-somethings.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XD0cvWImVjA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fL-TwKzkCk
Sorry, kid, the American (and world) populace is becoming more Liberal. Maybe if you fact checked once in a while. Even though I know you and other Republicans don't like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Where the hell did you go to school because most of the **** you just keyed isnt even close.
Other than your pathetic post being against the T.O.S., maybe you should just accept that your party is the party of bigots, one only needs to look at your posts,or is someone upset and jealous of their inability to get into college?

If the words were too big maybe someone can help you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections