Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2012, 04:58 PM

28,115 posts, read 30,032,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
What's wrong with wanting Romney to answer the questions posed by DewDropInn?
Depends on the questions, as I said before.

Quote:
Why shouldn't Romney be questioned about how he could protest FOR the draft and support the war but not be willing to fight himself?
That sounds like a legitimate one to me.

Quote:
And why shouldn't he have to answer questions about his religion and whether or not his religious beliefs will play a part in how he would govern? If those kinds of questions were good enough for our first Catholic presidential, why shouldn't they be asked of someone of the Mormon faith who wants to be president? Why should any questions about his faith be exempt? What makes Romney and the Mormon church special? Look at how many times President Obama has had to defend the fact that he is a Christian, and there are still idiots who question his faith.
Did you even read my response to DewDropInn? Here's what I said then and what I'm going to say again...

But would they be questions that were in any way relevant to his ability to serve as the President of the United States? Would they be legitimate questions or would they be, "Tell us about your magic underwear" or "What's the weather forcast for Kolob next week?" A long time back, I posed a question on this forum. I said, "If you could ask Mitt Romney any questions about his faith, what would you ask. Mostly, I got non-answers; I just got a bunch of rants about how stupid Mormonism is. I don't actally recall having seen one legitimate question. If I were Romney, I would welcome the opportunity to set the record straight, to clear up the misconceptions and inaccurate information about Mormonism. But to tell you the truth, I don't think 9 out of 10 people would pay any attention at all to the answers he might give. Most of them are far more interested in putting him on the spot and embarrassing him than they are in becoming educated on what his religious beliefs are.

If people want to know about LDS theology, there are plenty of sources for them to go to. If people are concerned that Romney's beliefs would impact his ability to lead the nation, they need to be specific in stating their concerns and doing so like intelligent adults instead of spoiled adolesents. And Romney needs to respond to them.

Quote:
I realize that you are sensitive to any criticism of the Mormon church, but frankly, it's getting old.
So put me on ignore. Sounds like you want to criticize; you just don't want any rebuttal.

Quote:
It's like you peruse these threads, just looking for any hint of criticism of the Mormon church just so you can get your panties in a twist.
It's not like that at all; sorry you think it is.

Last edited by Katzpur; 09-30-2012 at 05:39 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2012, 05:05 PM

326 posts, read 434,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
It sure seems to me that the press have been treating Romney as if he's been the one who's been in office. Pouncing on everything he says, being held to the standard of a man who is actually President. Yet at the same time, the same press do not go after the actual President.

They all but ignore the debacle that was the Libya terror attack and how the Admin handled it from day one. They give him a pass for not meeting with world leaders. Essentially, Barack has been doing nothing but campaigning. He is not being held to the standard of President like Romney is. He is not taking heat or tough questions (except from Univision) on his term in office and the many broken promises and failures.

Is there a doubt in anyones mind, that if the press treated Barack as the incumbent, and the man who has indeed been President for the past few years, that he would have zero chance to get elected?
My Lord!
If you don't sound just like... What's her name from Alaska?!

Old 09-30-2012, 06:47 PM

20,129 posts, read 16,202,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detwahDJ View Post
A) The press is corporate-owned - in many cases with a corporate republican agenda.
B) The economy is slowly improving. He did not bank on republican obstruction. Obama is not a dictator and does not control the economy - Congress does.
C) We are hated by our enemies, you know Al Qaeda, terrorists. You are not paying attention (or listening to Fox).
D) Seems to me this is just paranoia and sour grapes after having things your way for decades.
E) Righties keep complaining about his "policies, but never say what these "policies" are. This is, in many cases, just code for the "black guy in the White House". Otherwise, these policies could be named.
And here I thought it was Bush.

Old 09-30-2012, 07:33 PM

5,739 posts, read 6,945,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
And here I thought it was Bush.
Republicans.

Old 09-30-2012, 07:41 PM

2,106 posts, read 3,066,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
how does Toys R Us, or Staples collect corporate welfare?

Dumb..
If you DONT know the answer to that you are truly dumb, do us a favor and do research on that..I bet you thought welfare only applied to a minority or white uneducated person living in a tralier park...No my friend, Mitt Romney and Ann Romney are the face of welfare...Mitt is a Pimp. Corporate welfare from the government set him up nicely dont you think Actually come to think of it Mitt is in that 47% since he has recieved handouts from the Government..

Old 09-30-2012, 08:44 PM

6,933 posts, read 8,507,421 times
People "pounce" on Willard .. because he says so many ignorant or stupid things ... he deserves to be challenged on such things. This is an important job he's been applying for. At this stage, no HR executive would hire him for it. He lacks honesty, character and integrity.

Old 09-30-2012, 11:28 PM

5,739 posts, read 6,945,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chica_bella813 View Post
If you DONT know the answer to that you are truly dumb, do us a favor and do research on that..I bet you thought welfare only applied to a minority or white uneducated person living in a tralier park...No my friend, Mitt Romney and Ann Romney are the face of welfare...Mitt is a Pimp. Corporate welfare from the government set him up nicely dont you think Actually come to think of it Mitt is in that 47% since he has recieved handouts from the Government..
Many republicans who speaks out against welfare have received it, including the Bachmanns. Paul Ryan, the covernment hater and privatizer, whose family fortune is built on government contracts.
Republican lawmakers biggest recipients of farm subsidies | Des Moines Register Staff Blogs

This is the republican welfare-hating base.
Corporate Welfare Headquarters Corporate Welfare Shame Page

These are part of Mitt's 47% who republicans don't talk about while complaining about America's impoverished.
35,000 Wealthiest Pay No Income Tax - Business Insider

26 Major Corporations Paid No Taxes For The Last Four Years

Big No-Tax Corps Just Keep on Dodging | CTJReports

And right-wing posters complaining that Mitt is being treated badly? Please...

Old 10-01-2012, 01:27 AM

8,754 posts, read 10,187,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
Well, my memory is pretty short but I seem to remember Kerry constantly getting shat on by the media. He was no media favorite.

Now, over the past four years, I have read some skewering op-ed pieces on Obama's performance. I think if the GOP could have come up with a better candidate, the press, even some that are typically liberal leaning, would have thrown themselves behind that candidate. The press, like everyone else, wants to back a winner. I believe (yes, it's just my opinion) that Romney was such a poor choice and the ambivalence of his own party towards him just set him up to not be a good candidate. The press sees his flaws. He just cannot connect with most of the country--just a specific group.

Even you can't believe what you are saying here...lol. If Romney were a poor candidate, in more ways than one I might add, the press wouldn't feel the need to constantly tear him down for every little thing. They know he is the only adult in the room and to top it off he is wealthy, good looking, has a beautiful family and...God forbid is a moral and a decent person who lives by his convictions. The press and the left ( which are the same) can't stand that combination.

Old 10-01-2012, 01:44 AM

1,698 posts, read 1,826,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
Even you can't believe what you are saying here...lol. If Romney were a poor candidate, in more ways than one I might add, the press wouldn't feel the need to constantly tear him down for every little thing. They know he is the only adult in the room and to top it off he is wealthy, good looking, has a beautiful family and...God forbid is a moral and a decent person who lives by his convictions. The press and the left ( which are the same) can't stand that combination.
*sniffle sniffle*

Oh, my poor, poor, precious mittens, those big bad media people are just terrorizing him!!

Old 10-01-2012, 02:08 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,271,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
If Romney were a poor candidate, in more ways than one I might add, the press wouldn't feel the need to constantly tear him down for every little thing
Oh, bull. He gets chewed up - and deservedly so - because he is an idiot. He is an arrogant, animal-abusing creep who thinks the presidency is somehow "owed" to him ("It's MY turn!") and who thinks that 47% of this country's population are freeloaders not worth his time.

Quote:
They know he is the only adult in the room

Quote:
to top it off he is wealthy, good looking, has a beautiful family
Wealthy, yes. Good-looking? Not in my opinion. With those vacant eyes and robotic, stiff movements, I don't see the "good looking" thing at all. And, besides, since when is perceived good lucks a requisite for being president? He has a beautiful family? Not so much. His wife is a creepy snob, with a sense of entitlement of her own who seems to think being first lady is owed to her ("It's OUR turn!") and who willingly got into a car with a dog strapped to the roof for a twelve-hour road trip - and continues to laugh (and to lie) about it years later.

I don't know much about his sons, but I think it is somewhat telling that out of five sons, not even one of them has volunteered to serve his country. One of Joe Biden's sons has served his country, doing at least one tour of duty in Iraq or Afghanistan (I'd have to look to see how many tours he did); hell, even Sarah "Screech" Palin's son served his country honorably. Out of my own five sons, my oldest enlisted in the army but was rejected during basic training because of a medical reason (scoliosis) and my youngest is planning on enlisting in either the Coast Guard or the Navy when he graduates high school next spring.

So, honestly, I see nothing particularly impressive or outstanding about the Romney boys.
Quote:
is a moral and and decent person who lives by his convictions.
What convictions? He used to be FOR a woman's right to choose; now he isn't. He used to say he supported gay rights; now he doesn't. He was for Romneycare before he was against it and now, apparently, he is for it again.

How can anyone be sure what his convictions even are?

And morals? There is some reason he is hiding his tax returns and I think it raises into question his "morals" and ethics.

Quote:
The press and the left ( which are the same) can't stand that combination.
Oh, bull. What we can't stand is a lying hypocrite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimar View Post
*sniffle sniffle*

Oh, my poor, poor, precious mittens, those big bad media people are just terrorizing him!!
"Stop it! This is hard!"

LOL

Last edited by Cinebar; 10-01-2012 at 02:30 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections