Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-09-2012, 10:09 AM

4,877 posts, read 4,520,263 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
I think hawkish people are held to a higher standard than non-hawkish people.

It's why the legions of overweight, never fought in a real war, doughy middle aged men that make up the vast majority of neoconservative politicians and Bush war apologist civilians are such jokes. "101st keyboard commandos."

Romney is amping up rhetoric that seems to suggest he wants to "get tough" and start wars or involve the US military in MORE middle eastern skirmishes. That's troubling, and it DOES beg the question of why the most trash talking tough guy Republicans always seem to have little to no personal connection to war and SACRIFICE in this country. Rich men always find reasons to send everyone else's kids into battle. Over the past ten years, rich men like Romney managed to convince the average yokel that not only should their children go to war, but that there should be no sacrifice to PAY FOR the wars from the top % that always benefits the MOST from war!
You might want to look at U.S. history since WWI. Democrats have sent our troops overseas for military action 10 times as many times as Republicans. It's a matter of public record and not debateable.

That's troubling, and it DOES beg the question of why the most trash talking tough guy Democrats always seem to have little to no personal connection to war and SACRIFICE in this country.

Old 10-09-2012, 10:10 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,278,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
If you've read the thread, then you must have read this post also.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/26439020-post64.html

You know none of the people mentioned above served.
Will Obama's children serve? I don't know.

I think that anyone who is doing the sabre rattling should probably have some skin in the game.
Does anyone on the forum think that Romney would be saying what he is if one or more of his sons were deployed in the ME?
I seriously doubt it, IMO.
Once again there is no law that requires it. Do we have a double standard? Obama never served. The left often seems to celebrate this fact. Clinton didged the draft and excuses are made. I refuse to condemn Romneys children for something when they have done no wrong. Now we all know Obama's daughters will not enlist in the US Marines.
My point is if we are going to condemn Romney because his kids didn't serve then we best condemn every politician whose kids never served.

Old 10-09-2012, 10:11 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,911,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Because they have enough money to go to college without needing / wanting the military to pay for it..
Mussolini would be proud.

Old 10-09-2012, 10:11 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,266,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jt800 View Post
Did I miss something?

When did Romney say he'd send our military into another nation?

Of course, Obama already has...but I guess that doesn't count.
Willard want's to arm Syrian rebels, how do you think that's going to happen, the howitzer fairy is just going to drop in there to operate and maintain it?
sheesh,

Old 10-09-2012, 10:13 AM

This is the left when it comes to war:
Attached Thumbnails
Why Hasn't Romney's Children Served ?-643979_4685021050227_370592925_n.jpg  

Old 10-09-2012, 10:14 AM

17,410 posts, read 12,030,992 times
Quote:
If you've read the thread, then you must have read this post also.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/26439020-post64.html

You know none of the people mentioned above served.
Will Obama's children serve? I don't know.

I think that anyone who is doing the sabre rattling should probably have some skin in the game.
Does anyone on the forum think that Romney would be saying what he is if one or more of his sons were deployed in the ME?
I seriously doubt it, IMO.
Oh puhleeez. We ALL know neither of Obama's kids will never serve.

And if service is a determining factor in your vote, did you vote McCain (himself military, and 2 sons serving) over Obama (never served and children will never serve) in 2008? Yea, didn't think so.

Old 10-09-2012, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Once again there is no law that requires it. Do we have a double standard? Obama never served. The left often seems to celebrate this fact. Clinton didged the draft and excuses are made. I refuse to condemn Romneys children for something when they have done no wrong. Now we all know Obama's daughters will not enlist in the US Marines.
My point is if we are going to condemn Romney because his kids didn't serve then we best condemn every politician whose kids never served.
Because of willard's chicken hawkish attitude and statements is enough to roil some voters, he doesn't need anyone to condemn him, he's doing a fine job all by his lonesome.

IMO, if he want's to rattle a sabre, he should wait til after he is elected, and if he want's to go start another conflict with 2 more countries, he should have some skin in the game, even though there's no draft.

A college educated person can enlist and obtain rank of either 1st. or 2nd. lieutenant, and the likelihood of a Lt. seeing combat duty is slim, all be it, there is a chance of combat duty.
I'd like to know why he and sons never volunteered for duty.

Old 10-09-2012, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Oh puhleeez. We ALL know neither of Obama's kids will never serve.

And if service is a determining factor in your vote, did you vote McCain (himself military, and 2 sons serving) over Obama (never served and children will never serve) in 2008? Yea, didn't think so.
Well, I did like McCain at first, but when he did that stupid blunder, bomb, bomb, Iran stuff, that was it.
But, this thread isn't about Obama, or McCain, it's about willard's 5 children not vlounteering, not one of them, not even one.

Old 10-09-2012, 10:31 AM

3,160 posts, read 4,379,331 times
Quote:
I wanted to get different people's varying opinions as to why willard's children haven't volunteered. It would look favorable to Americans if at least one volunteered. The way it looks now, it gives the appearance of them being gutless little rich boys.

you must really hate obama, what with his family vacationing all around the world, dragging our military and secret service agents into harms way so they can work on their tan @ tax payers expense ...

Old 10-09-2012, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Because of willard's chicken hawkish attitude and statements is enough to roil some voters, he doesn't need anyone to condemn him, he's doing a fine job all by his lonesome.

IMO, if he want's to rattle a sabre, he should wait til after he is elected, and if he want's to go start another conflict with 2 more countries, he should have some skin in the game, even though there's no draft.

A college educated person can enlist and obtain rank of either 1st. or 2nd. lieutenant, and the likelihood of a Lt. seeing combat duty is slim, all be it, there is a chance of combat duty.
I'd like to know why he and sons never volunteered for duty.
Obama has hadd zero problem with sending more troops to Afghanistan. He sent troops into Pakistan. He stuck his nose Libya, Syria and Eygypt.

IMO, if he want's to rattle a sabre, he should have some skin in the game, even though there's no draft.

A college educated person, like Obama, can enlist. But he chose not to.

And your flat out wrong. A Lt. is very likely to see combat if there is a war on.

You do realize your fake outrage about Romney is not fooling anyone. You actually sound pretty damn silly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections