Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2012, 04:36 AM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,833,234 times

Advertisements

Big Bird — Barack Obama

Rather than put forward a responsible plan to reduce the deficit, Mitt Romney is focusing on the real evil genius behind the deficit: Big Bird.

I'm sorry, that statement is just hilarious.
'Sesame Street' Tries To Keep Big Bird Out Of Politics : NPR

Old 10-10-2012, 04:47 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,036,704 times
what's not hilarious is Obama focusing on wealthy puppets. I beg him to stay on this until the election. Most sane people this this is low, pathetic, and silly of Obama to do what he's doing. So please, keep avoiding key issues

Old 10-10-2012, 05:11 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,312,855 times
The part that gets me about Willard is that he's the one who brought Big Bird into the headlights but not he's the one complaining that the president is using Big Bird in his cable spot commercials. You can't have it both ways, Willard. The Big Bird controversy may seem silly to people like Tit11 above but it really does point to a fundamental difference between the two parties i.e. if it's not war or big oil related then the Republicans don't place any value on it.

Old 10-10-2012, 05:20 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,036,704 times
Sorry Wayland, there alot more important things to be fighting for and talking about than Big Bird. The attempt to use a rich puppet as the narrative has backfired Obama. Perhaps he should get back on the issues now. But I'm sure his team will find some other nonsense to focus on instead.

Old 10-10-2012, 05:21 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,051,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
The part that gets me about Willard is that he's the one who brought Big Bird into the headlights but not he's the one complaining that the president is using Big Bird in his cable spot commercials. You can't have it both ways, Willard. The Big Bird controversy may seem silly to people like Tit11 above but it really does point to a fundamental difference between the two parties i.e. if it's not war or big oil related then the Republicans don't place any value on it.
Do you seriously think that Romney was specifically referencing Big Bird when he made that comment or the unneeded expenditures as a whole?

If you think it was just Big Bird then you need a reality check.

If you think he was referencing all unneeded expenditures then would have to also agree Obama is purposely using the comment out of context.

Old 10-10-2012, 05:29 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
So the Obama administration best argument for another 4 years is a defense of PBS?

Basically that is what this argument boils down to.

Old 10-10-2012, 05:41 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,312,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
Do you seriously think that Romney was specifically referencing Big Bird when he made that comment or the unneeded expenditures as a whole?

If you think it was just Big Bird then you need a reality check.

If you think he was referencing all unneeded expenditures then would have to also agree Obama is purposely using the comment out of context.
Romney could have picked a hundred examples of unneeded expenditures but HE picked PBS and Big Bird, which are drops in the bucket when it comes to cutting the budget. So now he and his fans are complaining because his debate comment has come back to roost? (No pun intended.) Very disingenuous and I think he picked PBS on purpose so we'd all be talking about Big Bird instead of the fundamental changes he wants to make in Medicare and Social Security. In other words he's gotten the very conversation he wanted out of the general population post the 1st debate. But until he starts talking about cutting the military, instead of building it up the way he wants to do, cutting the budget is all lip service and he won't do jack squat, if elected.

Old 10-10-2012, 05:48 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,589,536 times
It shows the level of desperation that Obama and the stupid lefties are focusing on a big bird statement. I love it!!! They know their sink is shipping. Buh bye!

The almost sad thing is, Obama has nothing to focus on other than pety lies and attacks as he has NO record of success. Not to mention the increasingly damaging evidence continuing to come out of his lack of foreign affairs. I almost feel sorry for the left......almost.

Old 10-10-2012, 06:29 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,051,710 times
Quote:
Romney could have picked a hundred examples of unneeded expenditures ....
I'm assuming by this you mean things similar to PBS other than the major expenditures like the military, is that what you meant?

Old 10-10-2012, 06:35 AM

5,064 posts, read 5,729,580 times
Quote:
No one's complaining, everyone is laughing. I would love Obama to continue discussing Big Bird. Chris Matthews slammed the ad last night calling it "Mickey Mouse."

Quote:
“Please god just for a minute… be independent minded and answer this question: Is that the right way to go in this crucial last month to be focusing on Big Bird?” Matthews asked Democratic strategist Bob Shrum.
“No, it’s not,” Shrum replied. “We should be talking about who is going to save Medicare not who is going to save Big Bird.”
The President of the United States was introduced via the Sesame Street theme song at a rally yesterday for heaven's sake. He's becoming the laughing stock of the world.
So please, by all means, continue to talk about Big Bird every day until the campaign.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections