Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2012, 01:32 AM

24,508 posts, read 33,300,433 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
The economy and jobs have and continue to improve.... Next!
With 46 million Americans currently receiving food stamps (it was 32 million in Jan., '09) and with 46.2 million Americans living below the poverty level (it was 39.8 million in Jan. '09) I wouldn't be praising the current state of the economy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2012, 01:33 AM

24,508 posts, read 33,300,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
Some people think Clinton avoided the draft, which is not the case. His number never came up.
He didn't avoid the draft, he was an actual draft-dodger. He was required to report and didn't. He thanked his Uncle for saving him from the draft.

Old 10-15-2012, 01:56 AM

684 posts, read 824,910 times
I don't understand why people are slamming Clinton. If the current President is terrible because of the jobs situation, then Clinton was a brilliant president. You can't have it both ways.

And I did like Clinton.

But to attack Mitt Romney - Who did register for the Draft but got a two year deferral due to religious service, then went to school. He was never called.

Mitt went on a mission, which most young LDS boys do because they believe in what they're doing. They have found something that makes them happy, want to share it and believe it is their duty to help others. To attack that as cowardice is ridiculous, given that 2 million young men and women are currently out doing the same thing. And I have nothing but respect for those men and women involved in that.

Old 10-15-2012, 03:08 AM

4,255 posts, read 3,479,007 times
They cant because their candidate has no record of military service either.

Old 10-15-2012, 03:56 AM

13,221 posts, read 12,316,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempusFugitive View Post
I don't understand why people are slamming Clinton. If the current President is terrible because of the jobs situation, then Clinton was a brilliant president. You can't have it both ways.

And I did like Clinton.

But to attack Mitt Romney - Who did register for the Draft but got a two year deferral due to religious service, then went to school. He was never called.

Mitt went on a mission, which most young LDS boys do because they believe in what they're doing. They have found something that makes them happy, want to share it and believe it is their duty to help others. To attack that as cowardice is ridiculous, given that 2 million young men and women are currently out doing the same thing. And I have nothing but respect for those men and women involved in that.
The difference is that eventhough he did not go to war mitt is willing to promote one and being that he will make the economy worst than it is, will force many poor and middleclass kids to be in it. Clinton may not ave been in the war but he is not promoting one either.

Old 10-15-2012, 03:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
And Obama did community service when he could have served his country. Oh, if he served his country it would mean that volunteered!!! Yes, I see the difference.

Is there some requirement that every politican had to serve in the military or their children serve or be active in the military?

Some people think Clinton avoided the draft, which is not the case. His number never came up.

Incidentally there was no war or conflict when Obama was as of draft age.

Old 10-15-2012, 04:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
And we can always talk about Obama's no record, which everyone seems to avoid! and no depending which part of the Country you live in, some States are not doing well at all.

We can talk about the Video Movie fiasco, which was nothing but a friggin lie from day one, trying to protect their butt's. Liars do not even lie well.

And not since the 70"s have we had a Amabassador killed as poor Steven's was. Thanks to this administation, no matter how you choose to cut it. On his watch. 4 americans killed, nothing to be proud of.

Those people needed more security but were denied, you figure it out.

Hey, ryan and his buddies cut out the money for defense for the embassies

Old 10-15-2012, 04:01 AM

4,255 posts, read 3,479,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Incidentally there was no war or conflict when Obama was as of draft age.

Actualy there was . He was still of draft age 6 yrs ago.

Old 10-15-2012, 04:03 AM

684 posts, read 824,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
The difference is that eventhough he did not go to war mitt is willing to promote one and being that he will make the economy worst than it is, will force many poor and middleclass kids to be in it. Clinton may not ave been in the war but he is not promoting one either.
Other than in Kosovo and Haiti, of course. I'm assuming that you do remember that Clinton sent a military intervention in to both Kosovo and Haiti. Was it because Clinton didn't want to commit ground forces in Kosovo that you support his intentions more than Romneys?

Old 10-15-2012, 04:08 AM

1,481 posts, read 2,159,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempusFugitive View Post

And I did like Clinton.

Interesting, so you are arguing it took more courage for Romney to go and hide in France while we Aussies did his job.
You believe that any mormon should put his religion before his country ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections