Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2012, 09:45 AM

2,117 posts, read 1,879,938 times

Advertisements

I can't help but thinking... Recent polls show Romney is garnering somewhere around 0% of the black vote. Now, blacks, all across the US, come from wide-ranging socio-economic status, some of faith, some not, some rich, some poor, some employed, some unemployed, and etc.,yet, they are almost mutually aligned in the fact that they will not vote for Romney.

Should it be noted that it is racist for entire racial demographic to vote based upon the color of a man's skin? There is no way in hell that a socially and economically diverse race of 45 million Americans can be nearly 100% aligned on the actual issues affecting them, thus encouraging a unanimous vote.

And I certainly don't want to hear arguments suggesting that the black vote offsets the anti-black vote, because, as 2008 had shown, the average American was more than willing to look past race-based voting as Obama handily won the election.

I thought this country has evolved passed race-based voting, but I'm starting to think otherwise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2012, 10:12 AM

9,701 posts, read 5,110,249 times
Do you think painting an NAACP convention made up of professional, middle-class Blacks as people looking for more gov't handouts has anything to do w/ Black people not supporting him?

Old 10-17-2012, 10:13 AM

1,834 posts, read 2,694,321 times
I suggest that black voters reconsider the specific black person they voted for. There are many good leaders in the black community that support their country, think of themselves as Americans, and act as an American. Somehow in the early days people were so excited about the fact of the first Black President that little consideration was given to which person would be the best black person to fill this position. So folks do not give up on the idea. For your own interest and protection look closely at the history of the person and what type of person they are and what their beliefs are.

Old 10-17-2012, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
Do you think painting an NAACP convention made up of professional, middle-class Blacks as people looking for more gov't handouts has anything to do w/ Black people not supporting him?
That is your perception and without merit. You better bring something a bit more substantial than that when we are trying to get to the bottom of the "0%" thing; 0% looks pretty bad, you know.

Old 10-17-2012, 10:17 AM

21,097 posts, read 19,697,247 times
You're not actually surprised that blacks are racist, are you?

Old 10-17-2012, 10:17 AM

20,457 posts, read 12,375,634 times
good grief. how many race threds do we need? reallly???????

Old 10-17-2012, 10:20 AM

9,701 posts, read 5,110,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Some_Random_Guy View Post
That is your perception and without merit. You better bring something a bit more substantial than that when we are trying to get to the bottom of the "0%" thing; 0% looks pretty bad, you know.
What do you mean "my perception"? He went to a gathering of Montana Republicans right after he spoke at the NAACP event and told them "if they want more stuff from government tell them to go vote for the other guy -- more free stuff." There's no "perception" about that.

Old 10-17-2012, 10:28 AM

72,978 posts, read 62,563,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Some_Random_Guy View Post
I can't help but thinking... Recent polls show Romney is garnering somewhere around 0% of the black vote. Now, blacks, all across the US, come from wide-ranging socio-economic status, some of faith, some not, some rich, some poor, some employed, some unemployed, and etc.,yet, they are almost mutually aligned in the fact that they will not vote for Romney.

Should it be noted that it is racist for entire racial demographic to vote based upon the color of a man's skin? There is no way in hell that a socially and economically diverse race of 45 million Americans can be nearly 100% aligned on the actual issues affecting them, thus encouraging a unanimous vote.

And I certainly don't want to hear arguments suggesting that the black vote offsets the anti-black vote, because, as 2008 had shown, the average American was more than willing to look past race-based voting as Obama handily won the election.

I thought this country has evolved passed race-based voting, but I'm starting to think otherwise.
Blacks have overwhelmingly voted Democrat since being allowed to vote. Blacks have voted for White presidents in the past. The voting patterns haven't changed much. There are still alot of Blacks who will be voting for President Obama because of Democratic leanings.

Have you considered that maybe many Blacks don't trust Mitt Romney? After some of the stuff he said about Black people, how do you expect Black people to vote for Mitt Romney? In fact, after alot of bad comments about Blacks being said by some Republicans, I think alot of Black people who might have voted Republican are turned off by Republicans.

In a way, there is a racial element. Alot of Blacks are looking out for their own self interests and feel that the Republicans aren't going to be looking out for them. It is called self-interest voting. People are looking out for themselves. Let's be honest about this. There are trust issues when it comes to race. People are saying "start seeing yourselves as Americans first". Well, that would be easy except for one thing, there are some trust issues. Alot of Blacks and Whites don't have any trust for one another. It breeds an attitude of self-interest. Want a good example? Look at the Deep South. One would say that this is a conservative region, so everyone would vote Republican. Not so fast. Most Whites in the South are voting Republican. Most Blacks vote Democrat in the South. Some would say that because the South has the highest concentration of Blacks, and most Blacks vote Democrat, then the South should be a win. Not so easy. There is a stark political and racial divide that has existed from day one.

Last edited by green_mariner; 10-17-2012 at 10:46 AM..

Old 10-17-2012, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
What do you mean "my perception"? He went to a gathering of Montana Republicans right after he spoke at the NAACP event and told them "if they want more stuff from government tell them to go vote for the other guy -- more free stuff." There's no "perception" about that.
The perception that is was racial in context you made up, Romney was clearly speaking on the context of the speech at NAACP, and about the reaction. You drew the racial link, not Romney.

Freud would have a hayday with this racial crap. lol

Old 10-17-2012, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Have you considered that maybe many Blacks don't trust Mitt Romney?
Oh yeah, because Romney has a history of such an oppressive racial agenda. Give me a freaking break. These rebuttals are almost comical.

We are talking 0%, people. 0%! Let's have Barack poll at 0% of white voters, this country would fall into civil turmoil. But let's all just excuse the 0% black vote and look the other way.

Hey, look, there's Big Bird and a homophobic chicken sandwich!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections