Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2012, 02:42 PM

5,725 posts, read 11,717,779 times

Advertisements

Romney seems to be the same guy he was during the primary season, when Republican voters embraced people like Bachman, Perry, Cain, Gingrich and Santorum. It's really interesting to see how he has become the Republican poster boy, despite the lengths that primary voters went to just to avoid nominating him. Has he done something to get Republican voters to support him, or is his main success in the polls now based on being 'anyone but Obama'? If it's the latter, I have to wonder how strong the turnout will really be for him in November.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2012, 02:45 PM

6,977 posts, read 5,709,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maf763 View Post
Romney seems to be the same guy he was during the primary season, when Republican voters embraced people like Bachman, Perry, Cain, Gingrich and Santorum. It's really interesting to see how he has become the Republican poster boy, despite the lengths that primary voters went to just to avoid nominating him. Has he done something to get Republican voters to support him, or is his main success in the polls now based on being 'anyone but Obama'? If it's the latter, I have to wonder how strong the turnout will really be for him in November.
Their entire campaign is based around 'anyone but obama'. Whenever they are asked about their own policies and own plans, they just say "the other guys stinks, vote for us".

Old 10-21-2012, 07:11 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maf763 View Post
Rest assured or better,sorry to disappoint you: but regardless as to why people are voting for Romney, the turn out for him should be very strong. Look at the independent polls as a starter and how they plan to vote on the 6th compared to how they voted in 2008...If I were to the left I would be worried more about the Obama supporter turn out....

Old 10-21-2012, 07:36 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,514,296 times
Well you notice Obama's isn't campaigning for any other Democrat----they are all running away from him after the shellacking they got in the last election. Clinton wised up when that happened to him, moved more to the middle and got re-elected, Obama didn't. We will see if that hurts him soon.

Old 10-21-2012, 07:39 PM

7,542 posts, read 11,576,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
Their entire campaign is based around 'anyone but obama'. Whenever they are asked about their own policies and own plans, they just say "the other guys stinks, vote for us".
500% truth & there are people dumber than dirty that will still vote for him they still do not have any clue what he will really do. I guess since Faux Snooze & Rush support this a hole he must be better than Obama so they are voting for him

Old 10-21-2012, 07:40 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,129,736 times
Romney is who was left at the bottom of the strainer. It was a fairly large field of a variety of weirdos to sift through that divided up the electorate, so it went better for him than it should have. Nothing special about him and in fact, on the contrary. He's an awful choice as he is a guy of zero integrity, but the Obama haters don't really care.

Old 10-21-2012, 10:25 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,216,280 times
Quote:
Whatever the campaign, it beats Hope and Change.

Change
is already built in the gubmint through elections. Hope is neither a policy, a welfare program, or a Constitutional right. Though, it might be considered a black liberation mind control word.

Old 10-21-2012, 11:10 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,206,642 times
Grover Nordquist: "We just need a president to sign this stuff. We don't need someone to think it up or design it."

Pretty much sums up the whole race, and explains Romney. As long as he can hold a pen and sign his name, they don't care.

Old 10-21-2012, 11:20 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,813,272 times
Quote:
This.

Old 10-21-2012, 11:24 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,163,816 times
Quote:
Yep - that's all I needed. I want Obama out of there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJboutit View Post
500% truth & there are people dumber than dirty that will still vote for him they still do not have any clue what he will really do. I guess since Faux Snooze & Rush support this a hole he must be better than Obama so they are voting for him
I think Limbaugh is an egotist who is full of hot air and I'm not much of a TV watcher, news or otherwise. So nope. For me, it's all about voting for ABO (Anybody But Obama). I may not know everything Romney will or will not do but I do know what Obama will do. It is different than what he promised 4 years ago so I know whatever he says right now doesn't really matter. As the saying goes: The best indication of what someone will do is what they have done in the past. This is one of those cases where the devil I know is so bad that I am willing to take a chance with the devil I don't know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections