Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2012, 07:17 PM

4,684 posts, read 4,576,582 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
His upbringing and his entire history suggests the liberal side is dominant with him.
Yeah, I made that mistake with George II. Boy, was I wrong.

Old 10-23-2012, 07:23 PM

30,077 posts, read 18,686,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BringTheContent View Post
Ipsos:
Obama 332
Romney 206

Nate Silver:
Romney has less than a 30% chance of winning

Virtually every poll shows Romney down in Iowa, Nevada, and Ohio.
Romney is also not going to win Michigan, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania, or Wisconsin

New polls today say Romney can forget about Florida and Virginia, two states you probably felt good about until now.

Yeah, Obama has already lost. Keep on listening to Rush. This time four years ago you were also positive that McCain and Palin were going to win. President Obama is going to be elected again, and that means your opinions mean absolutely nothing.
30% chance of winning! Why not say that Obama has an eleventy billion percent chance of winning?

Just tell me the statistical method that was used to determine that figure? It is amazing that someone would simply digest such a strange and fallaciously "precise" figure as 30%

"Every poll"? I guess you are looking at the wrong polls. Obama is down overall in the swing states. Our state, Iowa, has been considered a "toss up". However, large scale polls in Iowa show Romney way ahead. I know of NO ONE in the state who voted for McCain who will vote for Obama. I know of MANY people here who voted for Obama who are not voting for him again- that is a large number and I presume that my experience is reflected in the state.

Obama has already lost. The libs will just look plain silly, as they never realized that this election was about the economy and nothing else.

Old 10-23-2012, 07:28 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,221,111 times
Now that Romney has less than a 20% chance of winning...

Obama's Intrade has DROPPED to 55%

Old 10-23-2012, 07:28 PM

32,083 posts, read 15,085,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
30% chance of winning! Why not say that Obama has an eleventy billion percent chance of winning?

Just tell me the statistical method that was used to determine that figure? It is amazing that someone would simply digest such a strange and fallaciously "precise" figure as 30%

"Every poll"? I guess you are looking at the wrong polls. Obama is down overall in the swing states. Our state, Iowa, has been considered a "toss up". However, large scale polls in Iowa show Romney way ahead. I know of NO ONE in the state who voted for McCain who will vote for Obama. I know of MANY people here who voted for Obama who are not voting for him again- that is a large number and I presume that my experience is reflected in the state.

Obama has already lost. The libs will just look plain silly, as they never realized that this election was about the economy and nothing else.

Which polls are these?

Old 10-23-2012, 07:31 PM

2,500 posts, read 2,931,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
30% chance of winning!

Romney is down in just about every poll in Iowa. Certainly all of the legitimate ones.
But I guess since you know some people who won't be voting for Obama in Iowa, that settles it. So you are discussing the election with your social circle, and shockingly they are agreeing with you! Probably not a very diverse crowd there to begin with, but on election day you and your group of people will be proven wrong.

Old 10-23-2012, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Which polls are these?
Read his entire post... It's the polls where he asks his friends.

Old 10-23-2012, 07:43 PM

6,369 posts, read 6,414,055 times
Quote:
I wanted to start a thread for people to once again own up to the opinions they had of Romney before they were duped into thinking he could win.

You know who you people are. You hated Romney and wanted Gingrich, Bachmann, or Santorum! (LOL)

Here's is your chance to save your reputation on this site!
Now that it's becoming very obvious that Romney is going to lose, let this be an open invitation to any "Romney supporter" who wants to reply and admit that they didn't like Romney before, and just learned to accept him after there wasn't anyone left to run against President Obama.

The election is over. The REAL numbers do not lie. The country supports President Obama. Romney supporters? They supported all kinds of other people but not him until now. Give it up. Own up to the fact that you don't really like him. Save your reputation!
Check out these electoral college maps, it might save you from further embarassing emissions:

RealClearPolitics - 2012 Election Maps - Electoral Map

2012 Electoral College Scoreboard - Rasmussen Reports™

US Presidential Election 2012

Old 10-23-2012, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo View Post
Check out these electoral college maps, it might save you from further embarassing emissions:

RealClearPolitics - 2012 Election Maps - Electoral Map

2012 Electoral College Scoreboard - Rasmussen Reports™

US Presidential Election 2012
LOL! Yeah, OK.
RealClearPolitics! Rasmussen!
No link to sites for Limbaugh or Hannity?
You try to insult me, but you pretty much just showed up in the thread to tell us to ignore the facts and watch FOX News. Brilliant!

Old 10-23-2012, 07:57 PM

6,369 posts, read 6,414,055 times
Quote:
LOL! Yeah, OK.
RealClearPolitics! Rasmussen!
No link to sites for Limbaugh or Hannity?
You try to insult me, but you pretty much just showed up in the thread to tell us to ignore the facts and watch FOX News. Brilliant!
If you think RealClearPolitics is RW, you don't know squat about nothing. And what about Intrade? People put real money down, and they say Obama is on an epic slide: 79% chance of winning on October 1st, 55% on October 23rd, 14 days until the election. Do the math: If Obama has a five point margin, and loses one point a day for 14 more days, will he win? He's down FIVE POINTS since his stunning 'triumph' in the last debate!

Old 10-23-2012, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo View Post
If you think RealClearPolitics is RW, you don't know squat about nothing. And what about Intrade? People put real money down, and they say Obama is on an epic slide: 79% chance of winning on October 1st, 55% on October 23rd, 14 days until the election. Do the math: If Obama has a five point margin, and loses one point a day for 14 more days, will he win? He's down FIVE POINTS since his stunning 'triumph' in the last debate!
The founders of RealClearPolitics freely admit that they started the site because they wanted to present a pro-conservative, pro-Christian point of view.

Intrade is an Ireland-based company where people in the United States do not legally put money down. They are not a U.S. based polling agency in any way, shape, or form.

So... I'm not the one who "don't know squat about nothing", that would be you, based on your own horrible attempt at making a case for Mitt Romney using inappropriate sources. You have failed in a very, very bad way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.