Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2012, 12:37 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,501,960 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chica_bella813 View Post
That question insuinates you think blacks are animals...is that what you are saying?? I want to understand why would blacks riot if Obama lost???

There are very civilized blacks, there are blacks WAY more civilized than certain whites and I have witnessed that.
I would agree...and that's not the black citizen's I'm talking about, when it comes to rioting.

Just as I can, in my own mind, distinguish respectable whites from white trash, I distinguish respectable blacks from ghetto blacks. IMO, there's no difference between the respectable blacks and whites, as there is no difference between the white trash and the ghetto blacks. The cheating ones, who like to appear respectable, while acting like trash (like a Bernie Madoff, a Raj Rajaratnam, etc.) are even lower than white trash/ghetto black status, to me.

My problem with Obama (a respectable black man, IMO) and his party...is that their policies tend to make it easier for white trash and ghetto blacks to thrive...and at the expense of the respectable people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2012, 01:09 PM

73,024 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Johnson signed a bill that Republicans had been pushing for almost 10 years. One JFK refused to sign twice.
You wonder why Johnson didn't even try to run for re-election? He went against his party and signed the civil rights bill, so he could stay in Vietnam. It was his compromise.

The civil rights act, is a Republican bill.
What does this have to do with anything??

Old 10-27-2012, 02:11 PM

3,085 posts, read 5,240,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
I would agree...and that's not the black citizen's I'm talking about, when it comes to rioting.

Just as I can, in my own mind, distinguish respectable whites from white trash, I distinguish respectable blacks from ghetto blacks. IMO, there's no difference between the respectable blacks and whites, as there is no difference between the white trash and the ghetto blacks. The cheating ones, who like to appear respectable, while acting like trash (like a Bernie Madoff, a Raj Rajaratnam, etc.) are even lower than white trash/ghetto black status, to me.

My problem with Obama (a respectable black man, IMO) and his party...is that their policies tend to make it easier for white trash and ghetto blacks to thrive...and at the expense of the respectable people.
Actually, in the minds of many who post here, there is. Respectable blacks are rarely distinguished from their less-respectable counterparts. Respectable blacks are often even made to atone for their counterparts through the shaming and guilt tactics put forth by those who constantly feel the need to keep bringing these types of thread topics to light.

Old 10-27-2012, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSykes View Post
Actually, in the minds of many who post here, there is. Respectable blacks are rarely distinguished from their less-respectable counterparts. Respectable blacks are often even made to atone for their counterparts through the shaming and guilt tactics put forth by those who constantly feel the need to keep bringing these types of thread topics to light.
This is one reason I feel like race relations are not that good. I consider myself a respectable Black person. I don't contribute to the crime rate. I am not having a bunch of babies and not taking care of them(I have no children). I'm not doing all of that bad stuff. I certainly know what it feels like to feel like I have to atone for stuff my counterparts do wrong. I have nothing to do with it. I just try to live my life the best way I can, but in many instances, some people won't differentiate between a person like Bill Cosby and a person like Tookie Williams. This isn't representative of every person in the USA. Sadly, it is the persons with the most bigoted views and the most uncouth behavior who scream the loudest.

Old 10-27-2012, 03:16 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Tho not too long ago; American women of ANY color couldn't vote in most states.
Operative word being "most". The stellar exceptions:

Wyoming (gave women rtv as a territory in 1869, first state to be admitted with women voting, 1890)
Colorado gave women the vote in 1893 as the result of a statewide vote.
Idaho approved a constitutional amendment giving women the vote in 1896.
Utah territory gave women the vote in 1870. Congress took it away from them to punish them for polygamy. The Mormon church renounced polygamy in 1890, and Utah territory gave women the vote again in 1895. Utah was admitted with women voting in 1896.
Washington gave women the vote in 1910.
California, 1911.
Oregon, 1912.
Arizona, 1912.
Illinois, 1913.
Montana, 1914.
New York, 1917.

New Jersey gave women the vote in colonial times, then rescinded it in 1807. They did not "officially" give women the vote again until 1947, though, of course, the 19th amendment gave them the vote in 1920. Other "hall of shame" states include Maryland, which did not ratify the 19th amendment until 1941; Virginia, 1952; Alabama 1953; Florida and South Carolina 1969; Georgia and Louisiana 1971; and finally, Mississippi in 1984.

Women's suffrage in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 10-27-2012, 04:18 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Quote:
That is true. Up until 1919, women of any color couldn't vote. After that, Black people couldn't vote in alot of places. It wasn't until the Johnson Administration when EVERYONE of every race and gender was guaranteed the right to vote.
BentBow said: Johnson signed a bill that Republicans had been pushing for almost 10 years. One JFK refused to sign twice.
You wonder why Johnson didn't even try to run for re-election? He went against his party and signed the civil rights bill, so he could stay in Vietnam. It was his compromise.

The civil rights act, is a Republican bill.

Quote:
What does this have to do with anything??

Oh Sure.... Play dumb!
You have swallowed a line of BS, about Johnson and the civil rights act.

Old 10-27-2012, 04:23 PM

3,620 posts, read 3,836,772 times
Quote:
This is one reason I feel like race relations are not that good. I consider myself a respectable Black person. I don't contribute to the crime rate. I am not having a bunch of babies and not taking care of them(I have no children). I'm not doing all of that bad stuff. I certainly know what it feels like to feel like I have to atone for stuff my counterparts do wrong. I have nothing to do with it. I just try to live my life the best way I can, but in many instances, some people won't differentiate between a person like Bill Cosby and a person like Tookie Williams. This isn't representative of every person in the USA. Sadly, it is the persons with the most bigoted views and the most uncouth behavior who scream the loudest.
You have to remember this is the internet. Half the people say crazy crap just to get attention. Id say almost 1/3rd of the posts on internet forums(including this) are people trolling for attention. Some people sit on here all day and post just for attention. Sad, but true.

Old 10-27-2012, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
You have to remember this is the internet. Half the people say crazy crap just to get attention. Id say almost 1/3rd of the posts on internet forums(including this) are people trolling for attention. Some people sit on here all day and post just for attention. Sad, but true.
Perhaps and sometimes not. One reason I take things so personally is because of things I've been through.

Old 10-27-2012, 06:10 PM

3,085 posts, read 5,240,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
You have to wonder though whether some of the posts actually do reflect what people out in the world believe but would rarely or never express in public. I'm willing to bet the subject of raging black riots has probably made its way across more than a few dinner tables.

Old 10-27-2012, 08:34 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
Sure I can. You presume all white riots were lynchings?

Not all, just the one in your race based scenario.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections