U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-31-2008, 09:13 PM
 
4,477 posts, read 3,975,013 times
Reputation: 1481

Advertisements

If Obama's elected,stock market will rise 1000 pts, if McCain's elected, it drops 2000 pts, because it's more Bushnomics. Obama brings hope of a rejuvinated America, McCain brings the dismay of another four Bush-like years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-31-2008, 09:15 PM
 
2,153 posts, read 4,897,227 times
Reputation: 643
I bet your wrong. You want in?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-31-2008, 09:20 PM
 
543 posts, read 1,320,424 times
Reputation: 241
Way wrong, Obama is anti-business.. he wants to tax small business. One population McCain is doing better with are business people. Obama's tax on small business, and fining businesses that don't provide health insurance is going to kill incentive and job creation in business.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-31-2008, 09:21 PM
 
4,477 posts, read 3,975,013 times
Reputation: 1481
Quote:
Originally Posted by njchick View Post
Way wrong, Obama is anti-business.. he wants to tax small business. One population McCain is doing better with are business people. Obama's tax on small business, and fining businesses that don't provide health insurance is going to kill incentive and job creation in business.
You are wrong, Obama is pro-small business, and McCain is pro-billion dollar corporations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-31-2008, 09:24 PM
 
69,372 posts, read 53,608,091 times
Reputation: 9357
Congragulations, you with the award for the most uneducated posting for the week.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMERCAT View Post
If Obama's elected,stock market will rise 1000 pts, if McCain's elected, it drops 2000 pts, because it's more Bushnomics. Obama brings hope of a rejuvinated America, McCain brings the dismay of another four Bush-like years.
Just when I thought it couldnt be outdone, you went and outdid yourself..
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMERCAT View Post
You are wrong, Obama is pro-small business, and McCain is pro-billion dollar corporations.
Please tell me your not able to vote. Hate to see someone as uneducated about the issues as you are vote.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-31-2008, 09:36 PM
 
Location: Sacramento
13,755 posts, read 23,220,542 times
Reputation: 6092
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMERCAT View Post
If Obama's elected,stock market will rise 1000 pts, if McCain's elected, it drops 2000 pts, because it's more Bushnomics. Obama brings hope of a rejuvinated America, McCain brings the dismay of another four Bush-like years.
So assuming those are your over/under line, how much are you willing to put up?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-31-2008, 09:37 PM
 
343 posts, read 449,569 times
Reputation: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by bls5555 View Post
I bet your wrong. You want in?

You bet his wrong?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-31-2008, 09:37 PM
 
12,607 posts, read 14,613,304 times
Reputation: 14101
I don't think you understand economics and that the stock market loves capitalism, not socialism. If Obama is elected the stock market will tank.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-31-2008, 10:25 PM
 
12,607 posts, read 14,613,304 times
Reputation: 14101
It will be interesting to see what the stock market does on Nov 5th, but I think it is just the opposite of what you are predicting, OP. If McCain wins the stock market will soar because the stock market likes capitalism. Obama's plan is not good for the economy and investors know that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-31-2008, 10:29 PM
 
Location: Stillwater, Oklahoma
13,047 posts, read 12,474,943 times
Reputation: 3938
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
It will be interesting to see what the stock market does on Nov 5th, but I think it is just the opposite of what you are predicting, OP. If McCain wins the stock market will soar because the stock market likes capitalism. Obama's plan is not good for the economy and investors know that.
Why? We gotta keep throwing money at rich people under McCain in hopes they'll throw some back at us? That scheme sure isn't working under Bush, now is it???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top