Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2012, 09:51 PM

6,261 posts, read 5,068,575 times

Advertisements

United Nations-affiliated election monitors from Europe and central Asia will be at polling places around the U.S. looking for voter suppression activities by conservative groups, a concern raised by civil rights groups during a meeting this week. The intervention has drawn criticism from a prominent conservative-leaning group combating election fraud.

More:
International monitors at US polling spots draw criticism from voter fraud groups - The Hill - covering Congress, Politics, Political Campaigns and Capitol Hill | TheHill.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2012, 12:31 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,194,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
United Nations-affiliated election monitors from Europe and central Asia will be at polling places around the U.S. looking for voter suppression activities by conservative groups, a concern raised by civil rights groups during a meeting this week. The intervention has drawn criticism from a prominent conservative-leaning group combating election fraud.

More:
International monitors at US polling spots draw criticism from voter fraud groups - The Hill - covering Congress, Politics, Political Campaigns and Capitol Hill | TheHill.com

if one is at my polling place, i will ask the sheriff to have them removed as a foreign influence, which does not believe in the democratic process.

Old 10-25-2012, 02:38 AM

8,754 posts, read 10,166,968 times
OMG, the UN 'monitoring' anything is absolutely hilarious... the biggest bunch of derelict crooks ever. Who's monitoring the UN, should be the question? I am sure this is Obama's brilliant idea and influence. Maybe when he loses, he can go run the UN, sounds like a perfect fit for him.

Old 10-25-2012, 04:58 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times
Not in Texas they won't be. They will be doing time in a Texas State Prison, if the try.

Old 10-25-2012, 05:09 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post

More:
I have been hearing this a few other places as well. I don't know if it is true, but to me, it is going above and beyond and borders on being illegal. What right does any person, from another country have watching over our elections? 50 years of voting and this has to be the freakiest election I have ever seen. I am thinking more and more, how can anyone with a good,working brain, even think of voting of Obama...but I know a lot with brains that will support him. People talk about Obama haters, well how many out there hate Romney so much they are voting for Obama out of spite?//

Old 10-25-2012, 05:12 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,194,526 times
What kind of visa will they come in on?

Old 10-25-2012, 05:21 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,277,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
OMG, the UN 'monitoring' anything is absolutely hilarious... the biggest bunch of derelict crooks ever. Who's monitoring the UN, should be the question? I am sure this is Obama's brilliant idea and influence. Maybe when he loses, he can go run the UN, sounds like a perfect fit for him.
I guess you could try reading the op before posting a tirade.
Civil rights groups asked for it.

It was offered by several countries after the (s)election of Bush.

Isn't your side whining about voter fraud?
You should be grateful for the support of your issue.

Old 10-25-2012, 05:27 AM

9,249 posts, read 26,691,351 times
They should also be looking for fraud in liberal voting places as well, not just conservative. If the Black Panthers get a pass again this year I'm gonna get real vocal with my senators and congressmen.

Old 10-25-2012, 05:44 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,851,724 times
The US entered into this agreement in 1990. Bush reaffirmed the observation authority in 2004 and 2008. This is only the uproar of some States that trying to deter Americans from voting. The observations are referenced in Section 8.

http://www.osce.org/odihr/elections/14304

Old 10-25-2012, 06:22 AM

1,672 posts, read 1,771,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I have been hearing this a few other places as well. I don't know if it is true, but to me, it is going above and beyond and borders on being illegal. What right does any person, from another country have watching over our elections? 50 years of voting and this has to be the freakiest election I have ever seen. I am thinking more and more, how can anyone with a good,working brain, even think of voting of Obama...but I know a lot with brains that will support him. People talk about Obama haters, well how many out there hate Romney so much they are voting for Obama out of spite?//
So what is your opinion on the US being involved in other countries elections and monitoring them for the past 50+ years?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections