Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2012, 02:40 PM

3,004 posts, read 5,152,217 times

Advertisements

Home prices rise for fifth month in a row
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2012, 02:57 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,861,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msamhunter View Post
Shhhhhh! Don't tell the RWNJS the housing market is rebounding ...

Old 10-30-2012, 02:57 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,133,586 times
Quote:
This is good news...from your link...

"The sustained good news in home prices over the past five months makes us optimistic for continued recovery in the housing market," said David Blitzer, spokesman for S&P.

Old 10-30-2012, 03:12 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,288,764 times
So savers are going to have a harder time buying? Outstanding!

Old 10-30-2012, 03:19 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,861,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Well, I think it shows people with underwater mortgages, they may eventually be able breath air someday by having an asset that will be worth more than what is owed.

Old 10-30-2012, 03:19 PM

3,004 posts, read 5,152,217 times
Quote:
The housing bust is the reason savers have a harder time buying. A rise in home prices shows a strengthening economy along with the stock market and positive job growth. Despite everything the congress has done to stall it, it is still recovering. Imagine how it would be if there weren't others purposely trying to tank it.

Old 10-30-2012, 05:53 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,288,764 times
Quote:
The housing bust is the reason savers have a harder time buying. A rise in home prices shows a strengthening economy along with the stock market and positive job growth. Despite everything the congress has done to stall it, it is still recovering. Imagine how it would be if there weren't others purposely trying to tank it.
Savers will have less money to repair and upkeep their house if prices rise. Houses cost way too much in general and still need to fall further, and they will.

But, of course, I'm sure people will ignore me just as they did in 2005..and I will be right there to sip on the Schadenfreude in front of their faces.

Old 10-30-2012, 06:04 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,450,261 times
That really is great news. However, i am a realist.

I was in real estate for many many years, still have some great realtor as my best friends, and thruout the Country.

There are many many areas, that have taken a direct hit, due to the over population of BANK OWNED, REPOS, PRE-FORECLSOURE, AND FORECLSOURES. That have not sold, and making a direct impact on a regular listing, i know i travel, and i have seen.

That is great news for areas, that are starting to come back, and i say starting too. We still have such a long long way to go as far as this housing criris is over.

Not going to name States or Cities that have taken a direct hit, you know, you live in some of them i am sure.

So although we have some good news, ain't good, until every freaking last Bank Owned Property has sold, and if you knew just how many are on the market, and not moving, it will depress you.

My area ain't impacted if you cannot afford to look in my area, you won't buy here. But i think of all the areas, not just where i live.

Old 10-30-2012, 06:35 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,765,700 times
I think a lot of people suffered collateral damage from the housing meltdown. It overcorrected, of course, and with the unemployment,etc. people who did not buy on top, nor do anything silly found themselves underwater. It is quite relevant. I hope to sell my home next year (after being here ten years), and if the trend continues, I might even break even.

Old 10-30-2012, 07:27 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,337,717 times
Quote:
Savers will have less money to repair and upkeep their house if prices rise. Houses cost way too much in general and still need to fall further, and they will.

But, of course, I'm sure people will ignore me just as they did in 2005..and I will be right there to sip on the Schadenfreude in front of their faces.
Home prices are rising again because for a very good reason - DEMAND.
The fact is, as long as the US population continues to grow there's going to be an increasing demand for housing of some kind. If folks aren't buying they are RENTING - and over the last couple of years (as people quit buying) more and more people began renting with the result that rental prices have risen considerably. Now, with interest rates continuing to be at record lows, smart investors have been buying up vacant homes and turning them into rentals - thus driving up the demand for those homes. The result is that there is now actually a SHORTAGE of homes on the market in many cities and thus home prices are rising again - in some case fairly dramatically (Phoenix for example is up over 20% from the low) and have been for up to a year now.

For someone who claims to be a fan of the "party of business" you sure don't seem to understand the most basic law of Supply and Demand.

Ken
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections