Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2012, 12:20 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,727,707 times

Advertisements

Obama left Washington Sunday evening the night before the storm was going to hit to campaign in Orlando, Fla. as an epic storm prepared to strike across hundreds of miles of the East Coast causing major flooding, massive power outages and extensive wind damage.

Obama flew to Florida late Sunday night to hold a campaign rally with former President Bill Clinton at the University of Central Florida Monday. Remembering that Obama went to Vegas the day after the Benghazi attack his handlers insisted that he get back to Washington.

On monday morning, the day we are told that the epic storm will hit the east coast Obama has decided to cancel his Florida campaign stop and he flew back to Washington this morning.

Old 10-29-2012, 12:24 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,832,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
Sandy threatens 1

Obama canceled campaign stops in Virginia and Colorado early next week because of the hurricane and was planning to remain at the White House, his spokesman said Saturday.

President Barack Obama on Sunday visited the National Response Coordination Center at FEMA Headquarters, where the deployment of federal resources and teams to states up and down the East Coast will be coordinated, the White House said.

I bet there is someone on this board who will find fault with this. Somehow.
i wont criticize him for doing his job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
All through his Presidency, whenever there has been a National Disaster, President Obama has been quick to react.
This anti-Obama stupidity must stop.
really? benghazi and the gulf oil spill mean anything to you? he was slow to react to BOTH of those.

Old 10-29-2012, 12:27 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,254,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
i wont criticize him for doing his job.

really? benghazi and the gulf oil spill mean anything to you? he was slow to react to BOTH of those.
My mom was almost 90 during the gulf oil spill. When she saw Obama kneeling down and putting his hand in the gulf water, she said "I wish I were standing behind him. I'd push him in."

Old 10-29-2012, 12:30 PM

6,369 posts, read 6,407,529 times
After weeks of Big Bird and binders and bayonets, Obama remembered that he is supposed to play the President on TV. He's doing his job, for a change. Unlike in the case of the fiscal cliff, the debt debacle of 2011, tax reform, etc., etc., etc.

Better late than never, especially with lives at stake.

Old 10-29-2012, 12:35 PM

7,540 posts, read 11,572,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
All through his Presidency, whenever there has been a National Disaster, President Obama has been quick to react.
This anti-Obama stupidity must stop.
I totally agree the Righ Wing & Faux Snooze nut jobs think Obama has failed at everything and he does not care about us. It is truly ridiculous that race is the biggest factory when they see & think about Obama nothing he does matters to them

Old 10-29-2012, 02:28 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,832,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
My mom was almost 90 during the gulf oil spill. When she saw Obama kneeling down and putting his hand in the gulf water, she said "I wish I were standing behind him. I'd push him in."
i rather like your mother

Old 10-29-2012, 02:29 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
Sandy threatens 1

Obama canceled campaign stops in Virginia and Colorado early next week because of the hurricane and was planning to remain at the White House, his spokesman said Saturday.

President Barack Obama on Sunday visited the National Response Coordination Center at FEMA Headquarters, where the deployment of federal resources and teams to states up and down the East Coast will be coordinated, the White House said.

I bet there is someone on this board who will find fault with this. Somehow.
He is the Pres of the USA, I would assume he would cancel any campaign tours, especially in Va. Romney cancelled Va as well. Wasn't that the right thing for him to do? I don't think anyone is going to suggest Obama was wrong or find fault with what Obama did...you are looking for trouble..Iwill add just a thought here: who was the first to cancel their campaing plans?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections