Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2012, 09:52 AM

9,437 posts, read 7,369,351 times

Advertisements

That sounds like a threat. When is the justice dept going after Maher for voter intimidation? Lets see if he's still a liberal after a year in jail.

Quote:
18 USC § 594 - Intimidation of voters
Whoever intimidates, threatens, coerces, or attempts to intimidate, threaten, or coerce, any other person for the purpose of interfering with the right of such other person to vote or to vote as he may choose, or of causing such other person to vote for, or not to vote for, any candidate for the office of President, Vice President, Presidential elector, Member of the Senate, Member of the House of Representatives, Delegate from the District of Columbia, or Resident Commissioner, at any election held solely or in part for the purpose of electing such candidate, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than one year, or both.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2012, 09:54 AM

12,905 posts, read 15,658,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
Isn't it troubling that Dumbocrats like this stupid liberal white man (Bill Maher) that says stuff like this? It just proves how stupid the Dumbocrats are...
You've been proving your own stupidity on thread after thread today.

Old 11-03-2012, 09:58 AM

12,905 posts, read 15,658,187 times
OP, I am guessing that you didn't watch what came RIGHT AFTER Bill made that statement. He immediately said NOT REALLY. Sure, his "joke" was in poor taste. His point in even stating that is that he believes this whole 4 years with the hatred toward Obama has, in its roots, been racially motivated. You may or may not agree with his premise, but it is his belief. He attempted to make some racial joke about it because he believes that's how white republicans think.

Now, I will agree with you that it wasn't a funny joke and I didn't catch the humor in it--kind of childish. But I can recognize it for what it is.

Old 11-03-2012, 09:59 AM

5,787 posts, read 4,715,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrugalYankee View Post
Poor reading comprehension, and my post wasn't even that long.
No, it wasn't. You CLEARLY didn't condemn what he said and instead, your first reaction to it was to try and play the game that two wrongs make a right.

Here's your FIRST reaction to reading it:

Quote:
If you don't approve of the "c" word and tasteless jokes targeting children then I assume you also would never vote for John McCain?
No condemnation at all there. So my reading comprehension is perfect.

Quote:
I presumed that you would not vote for McCain based on him being vulgar and tasteless and you confirmed it. Case closed. Oh wait, until you tried to create a straw man argument that I think "two wrongs make a right."
LOL....anyone reading your first reaction can see that it was a lame attempt to catch me up, thinking I voted for McCain. When that backfired, you're now squirming around trying to act as if that wasn't your intention from the start.

B-U-S-T-E-D

Old 11-03-2012, 09:59 AM

2,075 posts, read 4,446,614 times
An obvious joke told by a comedian during a monolgue on a premium cable TV channel is voter intimidation... you guys are freaking insane. It was a joke... and could only be taken that way.

Old 11-03-2012, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
OP, I am guessing that you didn't watch what came RIGHT AFTER Bill made that statement. He immediately said NOT REALLY. Sure, his "joke" was in poor taste. His point in even stating that is that he believes this whole 4 years with the hatred toward Obama has, in its roots, been racially motivated. You may or may not agree with his premise, but it is his belief. He attempted to make some racial joke about it because he believes that's how white republicans think.

Which shows who REALLY is the racist.

It's also completely ignorant of the FACTS.

All those whites that voted FOR Obama but won't again didn't suddenly turn into racists in the span of 4 years.

Old 11-03-2012, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostInHouston View Post
An obvious joke told by a comedian during a monolgue on a premium cable TV channel is voter intimidation... you guys are freaking insane. It was a joke... and could only be taken that way.
A very bigoted and racist joke.

I've seen Republicans forced to resign over tasteless jokes.

Old 11-03-2012, 10:08 AM

14,682 posts, read 14,645,402 times
I'm guessing the outraged in this thread have never even seen a full episode of Real Time.

Old 11-03-2012, 10:08 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
It was a tasteless joke and he owned it.

The Chris Rock " vote for Obama because he's white" routine was much better.
A joke? To threaten your political opponents with the black thugs that you control?

Old 11-03-2012, 10:10 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostInHouston View Post
Comedian? He would have to be somewhat funny to be a comedian, this guy has never been funny. He's a liberal political commentator.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections