Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2012, 11:43 AM

9,982 posts, read 13,763,920 times

Advertisements

I admire his tenacity. The guy is 65. He knows it is his last shot. He will not want to think later that he could have tried harder.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2012, 11:45 AM

6,933 posts, read 8,495,383 times
I'm not surprised Romney will go to Ohio to continue campaigning. He's desperate. His people have told him he won't win and he, naturally, doesn't believe them. Good for him. 'Good to the last drop.'

Old 11-05-2012, 11:47 AM

6,126 posts, read 10,109,941 times
Yeah because people are going to change their minds on the day of the election...poor Mittens.

Old 11-05-2012, 11:58 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,129,736 times
He's been campaigning for the last eight years, so what's one more day? Question is, will he start campaigning November 7th for 2016?

Old 11-05-2012, 12:23 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,501,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
I'm not surprised Romney will go to Ohio to continue campaigning. He's desperate. His people have told him he won't win and he, naturally, doesn't believe them. Good for him. 'Good to the last drop.'
...or in this case..."good to the last stop".

Old 11-05-2012, 01:59 PM

2,106 posts, read 3,063,077 times
The Mormon that never could...that is what I will remember most about Mitt...The Mormon that could never make it into the Oval office, The Mormon that could never tell the truth, the Mormon that couldn't make a statement without making a gaffe, The Mormon that made disparaging remarks about the hard working 47%

The Mormon that ultimately converted into the Moron.

Old 11-05-2012, 02:13 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
AP is reporting that sources in Romney's campaign are saying that, instead of wrapping up tonight in NH, as planned, Romney may instead visit Ohio tomorrow for one final sales pitch:

AP source: Romney considers Ohio visit on Tuesday - News - Boston.com

Yes, that's right, tomorrow... ELECTION DAY!!!

Has any candidate ever done THAT before? Talk about desparate! What's Mitt gonna do... work the lines outside the polls?

Ever had a salesman who just WOULD NOT GET OFF YOUR PORCH??? Ohioans are going to have to turn the sprinklers on this guy, to get him off their property!

As an Obama supporter, I'm feeling really good about things right now
He's going to be in Pennsylvania, too! Pittsburgh of all places! Talk about desperate! Those old mill workers might just throw a mug of Iron City at him!

Old 11-05-2012, 03:01 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,919,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
He's going to be in Pennsylvania, too! Pittsburgh of all places! Talk about desperate! Those old mill workers might just throw a mug of Iron City at him!
No kidding.

However, Romney has Secret Service protection. The teabaggers with True the Vote and other groups that are planning to go into minority neighborhoods and harass people trying to cast ballots are insane. Can you imagine what might happen to an old white guy trying to keep people from voting in a minority neighborhood that he doesn't live in? I can hardly believe that people would really be stupid enough to put themselves at serious risk of injury or death for their right wing puppetmasters.

Old 11-05-2012, 03:07 PM

14,682 posts, read 14,652,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
AP is reporting that sources in Romney's campaign are saying that, instead of wrapping up tonight in NH, as planned, Romney may instead visit Ohio tomorrow for one final sales pitch:

AP source: Romney considers Ohio visit on Tuesday - News - Boston.com

Yes, that's right, tomorrow... ELECTION DAY!!!

Has any candidate ever done THAT before? Talk about desparate! What's Mitt gonna do... work the lines outside the polls?

Ever had a salesman who just WOULD NOT GET OFF YOUR PORCH??? Ohioans are going to have to turn the sprinklers on this guy, to get him off their property!

As an Obama supporter, I'm feeling really good about things right now

Old 11-05-2012, 04:14 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,679,821 times
Obama was out on election day in 2008 in Indiana, whoops to those with their ramblings in despair.

I think it's great to get out there on election day, so I'm glad to see Mitt do it. Every time Mitt does something forceful, the left is like OMG desperation, but really what is going on is taking over their territory and they know it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections