Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2012, 11:34 PM

27,144 posts, read 15,322,979 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
I wouldn't bet the grocery money on either one if I were you.

We've been waiting for the last two years for 2012, determined as ever.

Old 11-05-2012, 11:37 PM

27,144 posts, read 15,322,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Well, you're going to have to wait a lot longer, since they already voted and it's a tie!

By the way, Obama got more votes from Independents which is a good sign.

5-5
Like I said of the three Obama voters one wasn't able to vote twice.

Old 11-06-2012, 01:25 AM

870 posts, read 1,678,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
I was born and raised in MA, although I haven't lived there in many years. I also owned a home in NH for several years.

Yes, there are a lot of Democrats in MA. Yes, it's the only state that voted for George McGovern. I was too young to vote in 1968, but I had a bumper sticker that said "Don't Blame Me, I'm From Massachusetts."

However, if what you wrote is true, why has MA had so many Republican governors? Why do the polls show incumbent Scott Brown, a Republican, in a tight race with Elizabeth Warren? Why was Bill Weld, the Republican Governor when I lived in MA, so popular? He was even re-elected with 71% of the vote! That sort of blows the whole claim that people in MA don't vote for Republicans.

If Romney did so much good for MA, why did he have a 34% approval rating when he left? If he worked across the aisle so well with Democrats, why did the Democrats complain so much about his arrogance and why did he find it necessary to veto 844 bills? If that's
reaching across the table, he must have very short arms. :

Edit: It just hit me. You wrote "You could put God in MA and the state will still go Blue." I didn't know God was a Republican.
Obviously, when I was speaking of Red vs. Blue state I am referring to the predominate political party. As far as using God as an exaggerated example..it's just that, an example. You need to calm down.

Last edited by klysik; 11-06-2012 at 01:53 AM..

Old 11-06-2012, 03:25 AM

13,221 posts, read 12,322,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
From what I know, Mitt is very well liked in NH which has to be a reflection in some part of the job he did in Massachusetts. Him carrying NH is a bit of a stretch but not impossible.

Because of the job that he did in Mass

I don't hink that they liked him too much there, so what does that have to do with N.H?

Old 11-06-2012, 01:50 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,170,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
Yeah, Romney did such a great job in Mass, that must be why he's down by 20% there..

RealClearPolitics - Election 2012 - Massachusetts: Romney vs. Obama

Massachusetts is the bluest state in the country and your point is? Oh yes, you don't have one...lol.

Old 11-06-2012, 08:54 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,972,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by db77 View Post
Well Bob, I live in NH and I will be getting up bright and early tomorrow morning to do my part to remove Obama from office.

The average granite stater does not care what Romney's approval rating was when he left MA. A lot of independents I know are voting for Romney. If I had to make a prediction I'd say Romney carries NH by 2 to 5 points.

By the way, what the hell are you rambling on about Scott Brown relating to Romney in NH for? it makes no sense.
What was the final NH margin? Networks stopped showing it after calling it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections