Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2012, 07:08 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,938,206 times

Advertisements

How can a city run out of ballots in 2012? Wouldn't they have enough printed to cover the number of registered voters? I just heard this on TV as I'm flipping channels. I quickly Googled a few words and found this link.

"A spokeswoman for the Wisconsin Election Protection group, which is monitoring polling sites, said some Racine residents gave up and went home without voting. She encouraged them to return before 8 p.m. because ballots were being replenished."

[URL="http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/news/177564901.html"]Turnout high in Racine, prompting ballot shortages[/URL]

Old 11-06-2012, 07:24 PM

Anyone on City-Data live in Wisconsin and experienced this problem? What's odd is that the same area ran into this problem in August during the Scott Walker recall vote.

Why do the areas with high populations of African-Americans have a shortage of ballots?

Old 11-06-2012, 07:31 PM

I'm really not posting again to bump up this thread, since I have no personal investment in this state, and I believe Obama is very far ahead in WI, but why all the voting problems?

The Wall Street Journal just reported glitches with the voting machines.

[url=http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2012/11/06/voters-report-glitches-in-wisconsin/]Voters Report Glitches in Wisconsin - Washington Wire - WSJ[/url]

It doesn't matter if you are a Republican or a Democrat, this should bother everyone!

In Milwaukee, a voting machine went down at the height of early-morning voting at one of the city’s busiest polling places. “We had a voting-machine jam at a peak voting period,” said Neil Albrecht, executive director of Milwaukee’s election commission. “These are two very busy wards, so having a machine down is going to cause a problem.”

9:33 - Wisconsin just called for Obama!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections