Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2012, 02:40 AM

4,865 posts, read 10,528,229 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Conservatives are going to be in a tough position. If the US continues this liberal shift, they will have no where else to go. The rest of the successful 1st world nations are all far more liberal than we are. The US is one of the only remaining conservative nations that are not 3rd world cesspool theocracies.

Social Conservatism is proven to be evil and destructive the world over.
Actually, what's Israel like as far as social conservatism? There are Christian Israelis there, as well as Druze and Muslims. Could a US social conservative feel comfortable in Israel?

Old 11-07-2012, 02:44 AM

1,126 posts, read 2,693,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIMBAM View Post
Actually, what's Israel like as far as social conservatism? There are Christian Israelis there, as well as Druze and Muslims. Could a US social conservative feel comfortable in Israel?
IIRC, most of the Israelis are pretty secular and left-leaning, except from the Ortodox Jews who embrace the Old Testament teachings and are seen like weird, funny people by the rest of the population.

Old 11-07-2012, 03:10 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,388,935 times
Default The doctor's office

Their affliction continues to be debilitating.

Old 11-07-2012, 03:17 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,242,601 times
Salt Lake City, Utah, it's a red state
join the mormon church

Old 11-07-2012, 03:19 AM

275 posts, read 419,578 times
Default sounds like a plan..i'd like to move to israel.. don't think they allow Gay Marriage either. you liberals r strange now

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIMBAM View Post
wonder if u.s. citizen can move to israel??

Old 11-07-2012, 03:26 AM

3,448 posts, read 3,133,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Another case of Obama inspired divisiveness.
If they understood all the implications of this election, they would not have voted on color or gay or religion but on saving the dollar from destruction and a 10 dollar loaf of bread with non negotiable food stamps. Thats the momentum just with the name Obama. I'm not going to explain things just sit back from now till the wonderful early spring after year end personal global changes are well in place. Its almost impossible to believe it will not be a mess. For only one example....who wants a fund with an american corp name at this point...no one, and they think its funny.

Old 11-07-2012, 08:02 AM

6,104 posts, read 5,991,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scubamaniac View Post
I have a suggestion.

I found a wonderful country for you all that..

Outlaws homosexuality of any type

Requires prayer multiple times a day and has religious/moral police to enforce social standards

Separates seating areas for men and women to ensure no sin takes place.

Has separate family friendly areas in restaurants

Stealing is punished with an eye for an eye retribution.

Adultery and sexual deviancy is a potential death penalty

Consuming or selling drugs is an automatic death penalty

Stones adulterers to death

Women require family chaperons at all times to prevent sin from occurring

The religious law is the highest order of the land.

Evolution in academia is frowned upon.

"Deviant" Hollywood media and nudity is strictly forbidden.

Welcome to Saudi Arabia your new home. Now buy a plane ticket!
There is a problem, Sudi s a nation under one of the strictest forms of Sharia Law and even worse they hey don't drin and guns need to be registered unless you are a Saudi royal.

Old 11-07-2012, 08:07 AM

12,436 posts, read 11,950,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canudigit View Post
I know, I was just commenting on that too. Why can't they just be graceful winners and let it go? It's like they won't be happy until the entire country is blue, which, of course, will never happen. I'm very disappointed that my vote didn't help my candidate to get elected, but why sit around and pine about it? At least President Obama appears to love his wife and daughters very much and respect the sanctity of his own marriage, which puts him light years ahead of Bill Clinton, and we survived eight years of his embarrassing, immoral nonsense, right?

Why not reach across the aisle, live and let live, and work together for the betterment of our country?
It is tough to work together when before Obama even makes his speech Boehner begins the obstruction by saying taxes are off the table. This does not show that the Republicans in the house are even willing to compromise.

Old 11-07-2012, 08:12 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canudigit View Post
Why not reach across the aisle, live and let live, and work together for the betterment of our country?
Because the right side of the aisle has clearly stated "Leave us alone, we WILL NOT play well with others!"

Old 11-08-2012, 05:28 PM

3 posts, read 6,520 times
I've been discussing this topic for three years. There is some talk of revitalizing the several Texas Secession movements and using that as a core for a new constitutional Republic. There has been talk of Belize and a couple other sparsely populated nations where the possibility of negotiating a place for us with a certain degree of autonomy and a guarentee of our inalienable rights exists. Of course it would require money and so a lot of assets would have to be liquidated state side first but there is fear that the value of those assets may quickly decline and the government may move to sieze the assets if a mass exodus begins.

It really is a dilemna. We can not live here and remain free men and there are few other constitutional Republics left, none with the power and grandeur of the former American republic. The only other option is civil and then armed resistance. I would advocate either except a foreign power did not impose this tyranny on us. It was our neighbors and friends that chose to do this to us. I really don;t have the heart to take up arms against them. I and many others just want to part company with them and pursue our lives, liberty and happiness as is our natural burthright.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections