Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2012, 01:51 AM

29,219 posts, read 22,393,554 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by northbound74 View Post
UK, Canada...... what do you people care?
I suppose I should be flattered that you follow our politics, but I think it's weird.
Good for you that you pay attention to global events. Nothing wrong with that, but I'm unsure as to why you have to be so opinionated about it.
Like the vast majority of Americans, I have no opinion of your politics. Glad you're our allies, but what you guys do politically is your own business.
I've spent quite a lot of time in Canada. What happens in the States affects Canada as much as it does here. It is not weird. What happens here affects the rest of the world as well, but Canada is both our closest ally and largest trading partner.

They are well aware of this, and you are totally ignorant of the fact. Your ignorance is one of many things about America that **** Canadians off a lot, because they know everything about us, and you know nothing about them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2012, 04:20 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,348,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northbound74 View Post
UK, Canada...... what do you people care?
I suppose I should be flattered that you follow our politics, but I think it's weird.
Good for you that you pay attention to global events. Nothing wrong with that, but I'm unsure as to why you have to be so opinionated about it.
Like the vast majority of Americans, I have no opinion of your politics. Glad you're our allies, but what you guys do politically is your own business.
The media doesnt blast our politics all over the world, kinda hard not to get interested in your political soap opera its so melodramatic.
Actually i'm an expat from St Pete Fla. and even though i've been living in Canada for the last 40+yrs i'm still interested in the American political show..
northbound you do realize the rest of the world was rooting for Obama..

Old 11-08-2012, 06:31 AM

3,326 posts, read 8,867,165 times
I have no idea why "rooting for Obama" is supposed to affect my vote here when I think he is extraordinarily bad for our country.
Anyway, I understand the importance of our relationship with the rest of the world, but the U.S. is a unique place with unique needs and I don't feel the rest of the world gets it. I especially do not appreciate people from other countries going on social media and tell us how to vote. I don't do it to them out of respect that they live there and I don't.
Like a lot of Americans, I often wish we'd leave everyone else alone so they'd do the same. Free trade and all that, but otherwise stay out of their affairs. Neither major party platform agrees with the average American on that one.
We're sovereign countries with unique cultures. We should respect that we don't always understand what's best for the other.

Old 11-08-2012, 08:18 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,348,810 times
Northbound Last i heard America was all over the politics in the mid east,especially Libya and Iran, its got several hundred military bases scattered in various countries around the world So to many around the world America is in their face on a regular basis,its now a global world and every one is interested in what goes on all over the globe if you want to be top dog you are going to get talked about
Yes America is unique but so is every other country in the world or is America so unique that it now owns uniqueness.
As for commenting on American voting is this now to be a closed club restricted specifically to upper middle class republican white guys? since when did it become a matter of respect to comment on other countries political realities, if that were the case i think America owes Russia and China's Communist governments a major apology as America has been trashing their chosen political path for as long as i can remember..
As for the world rooting for Obama i believe when you get billions of people together all focused on the same outcome there maybe some power to their combined focus.

Old 11-08-2012, 08:35 AM

3,326 posts, read 8,867,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Northbound Last i heard America was all over the politics in the mid east,especially Libya and Iran, its got several hundred military bases scattered in various countries around the world So to many around the world America is in their face on a regular basis,its now a global world and every one is interested in what goes on all over the globe if you want to be top dog you are going to get talked about
Yes America is unique but so is every other country in the world or is America so unique that it now owns uniqueness.
As for commenting on American voting is this now to be a closed club restricted specifically to upper middle class republican white guys? since when did it become a matter of respect to comment on other countries political realities, if that were the case i think America owes Russia and China's Communist governments a major apology as America has been trashing their chosen political path for as long as i can remember..
As for the world rooting for Obama i believe when you get billions of people together all focused on the same outcome there maybe some power to their combined focus.
There are a lot of us here that wish we didn't have a military presence all over the world. Like I said, many, if not most, of us would rather we leave the rest of the world alone unless our help is requested from allies.
Republican white guys? The race card doesn't fit in my deck. Obama is a bad president because of his stifling policies and economy trashing. Liberals refuse to be color blind. But hey, if they were, they would lose the one thing that keeps them afloat.

Old 11-08-2012, 08:47 AM

6,126 posts, read 10,113,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
the biggest problem is America didn't win anything with four more years of spending by an inept president just because he represents the democratic party. The now party of losers and brainless idiots to put this man in for four more years. You will have buyers remorse as food and gas increase in price as Obama wants it that way. Oh happy day with more printing of money from thin air.
So everyone who voted for Obama is a brainless idiot? Just because someone sees a different direction for our country than YOU does NOT make them a brainless idiot. Not to be cliche here, but I honestly thought the same thing when Republicans put Bush in the WH for 4 more years. And guess what? I survived Bush. You'll survive Obama. I can't even take you seriously. To say that Obama WANTS higher gas and food prices is ridiculous. Why would he want that? What proof do you have? Seriously? Show me proof.

Old 11-08-2012, 09:12 AM

7,685 posts, read 6,201,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
the biggest problem is America didn't win anything with four more years of spending by an inept president just because he represents the democratic party. The now party of losers and brainless idiots to put this man in for four more years. You will have buyers remorse as food and gas increase in price as Obama wants it that way. Oh happy day with more printing of money from thin air.
They love Santa Claus and women will benefit the most, well that explains where most of Obama's votes came from.

This is what this country has become = full of entitlement expecters on the current and future taxpayers dollars.

The bill will become due and payment will be expected in one way or another.

Maybe we can eventually cut a deal with China in that they can take over this country in exchange of forgiving the debt.

Old 11-08-2012, 09:58 AM

46,979 posts, read 26,033,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebuch View Post
Then why do you Europeans and Canandiens come over here for our healthcare.
There are more Americans who leave the US to be treated overseas than there are foreigners who enter the US for treatment.

Old 11-08-2012, 10:25 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,551,448 times
I have to say; I have so enjoyed this thread ~ it gave me many laughs. Thanks!

Old 11-08-2012, 11:51 AM

1,956 posts, read 3,638,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lol-its-good4U View Post
They love Santa Claus and women will benefit the most, well that explains where most of Obama's votes came from.
Uh, no. A lot of women voted for Obama because the Republicans did a great job of digging themselves into a hole when it comes to making excuses for rape and denying reproductive rights. Especially Paul "rape is just another means of conception" Ryan. The thought of someone with that attitude possibly becoming President is enough to make just about any but the most extreme pro-lifer run like hell.

If the GOP lost the woman vote, they have only themselves to blame.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections