Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2012, 08:44 AM

748 posts, read 1,376,572 times

Advertisements

Religion is such a personal issue yet so many of you keep bringing it up in the political forum. And just because I might believe in same sex marriages and you dont...well that doesnt make you a better person or a smarter person, that just means we have different beliefs. And just because I believe that woman should be able to do WHATEVER they want with their own body, that does not give you the right to tell me I am morally inept. Quit the name calling and just accept the fact that you are not right and I am not wrong, we just have different opinions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2012, 08:46 AM

3,598 posts, read 4,951,112 times
Amen.... er... I mean right on!

Old 11-07-2012, 08:50 AM

7,923 posts, read 8,849,255 times
I was really pleased to see that Romney's religion was not a issue in this election, in fact, the only people who made any kind of problem of Mitt being a Mormon was the Bible thumping right.
No matter what someones religion, race, gender,straight, gay, agnostic etc etc......... this is NOT needed or wanted in Politics.

Old 11-07-2012, 10:16 AM

4,003 posts, read 10,844,217 times
I am a Republican in agreeance with you. I wish our party would drop the outdated social policies, mainly tied to religious belief.

Old 11-07-2012, 10:20 AM

2,042 posts, read 2,905,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quietstormnc View Post
Religion is such a personal issue yet so many of you keep bringing it up in the political forum. And just because I might believe in same sex marriages and you dont...well that doesnt make you a better person or a smarter person, that just means we have different beliefs. And just because I believe that woman should be able to do WHATEVER they want with their own body, that does not give you the right to tell me I am morally inept. Quit the name calling and just accept the fact that you are not right and I am not wrong, we just have different opinions.
Excellent post

Old 11-07-2012, 11:01 AM

4,869 posts, read 6,933,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quietstormnc View Post
Actually, you are morally inept, but it is my opinion and I'll always state it. The real determination will be made about your right to kill an unborn child (again my opinion) or sleep with someone of your own sex or something else will be made after you die.

I am not the bible thumper type, but it scares me to no end that our country is rapidly moving away from the morals that it was founded upon. We're rapidly heading towards being a country with limits on nothing. Anything goes. Our path to ruin is accelerating. Can you say $ 21 trillion (the addition of another $ 5 trillion in debt over the next presidential term) Greece, and the fall of the Roman Empire (with it's loss of all morality) in one sentence? It's us. When putting that sentence together, do it in the Chinese language.

Old 11-07-2012, 11:04 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,446,125 times
Lightbulb Religion does NOT belong in politics

There ARE nations with offical state religions and a legal structure based on that faith. Iran and Saudi Arabia come to mind.

Old 11-07-2012, 11:04 AM

2,042 posts, read 2,905,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmgg View Post
Actually, you are morally inept, but it is my opinion and I'll always state it. The real determination will be made about your right to kill an unborn child (again my opinion) or sleep with someone of your own sex or something else will be made after you die.

I am not the bible thumper type, but it scares me to no end that our country is rapidly moving away from the morals that it was founded upon. We're rapidly heading towards being a country with limits on nothing. Anything goes. Our path to ruin is accelerating. Can you say $ 21 trillion (the addition of another $ 5 trillion in debt over the next presidential term) Greece, and the fall of the Roman Empire (with it's loss of all morality) in one sentence? It's us. When putting that sentence together, do it in the Chinese language.
"Hi there. Welcome back whenever you're ready."

- Reality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections