Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2013, 04:59 PM

26,577 posts, read 14,444,771 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by foadi View Post
theyre not collecting sigs on the recall anymore
are you sure?

the website has an event scheduled for april 4th ( where they ask volunteers to bring in their petitions to be notarized )

https://www.recallarpaio.com/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2013, 05:30 PM

2,918 posts, read 5,608,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
are you sure?

the website has an event scheduled for april 4th ( where they ask volunteers to bring in their petitions to be notarized )

https://www.recallarpaio.com/
just called up four petitioners who i know were working on it before the lawsuit

2014 Election Cycle Non-Resident Petition Circulators

they're all saying it's shut down. they're all working the other recall efforts and gearing up for the statewides.

Old 03-25-2013, 06:21 PM

one of the blockers is telling me he is still blocking the volunteers, so i guess it's just the pros who stopped working it. seems odd, they're not going to qualify without pros.

Old 03-25-2013, 07:47 PM

26,577 posts, read 14,444,771 times
Quote:
seems odd, they're not going to qualify without pros.
or they've already met whatever signature quota that's required. dunno. will be curious to see what happens next.

i can't imagine that klayman's case could have any affect on getting petition signatures. from what i've seen it should be rejected pretty quickly ( and klayman could be hit with violation of SLAPP statutes ).

Arizona's Politics: Ex-State Legislator/Birther David Burnell Smith Picks Up the Ball, Files Lawsuit Challenging the Arpaio Recall Effort; Smith: Is "Barack Obama True To His Name, Or Is He a Puppet?"; Also, Some Legal Analysis

Old 03-25-2013, 09:43 PM

they're nowhere near the required number of sigs. they need 335,317 valid, i don't know what batch validity is, maricopa county is usually decent, but even w/ high overall validity you're looking at 450,000 raw sigs for a safe buffer. i think when they pulled the pros they had around 150,000, so still a long way to go.

Old 03-26-2013, 04:07 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,261,360 times
Quote:
one of the blockers is telling me he is still blocking the volunteers, so i guess it's just the pros who stopped working it. seems odd, they're not going to qualify without pros.
I was approached to sign the petition yesterday.

I said no.

Old 05-12-2013, 08:41 PM

the recall is paying again. i think they're paying $2.25 per signature. so expect to see a huge influx of petitioners out there in the next couple weeks. pro-joe is also paying, so there will also be a lot of people around asking for signatures to support the sheriff.

Old 05-13-2013, 08:01 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
the recall is paying again. i think they're paying $2.25 per signature. so expect to see a huge influx of petitioners out there in the next couple weeks. pro-joe is also paying, so there will also be a lot of people around asking for signatures to support the sheriff.
My or my, isn't this interesting, a campaign by the left to recall him and this is ok, but any attempt to impeach the Pres. is a unforgiveable sin? What give here? Of course, we know Obama won't be and shouldn't be impeached and the Sheriff won't be and should not be recalled. What bothers me; paying people to collect signatures; this is a repeat of Acorn, regardless of which side is doing it. Yes, I am aware it has been done for years, but it still bothers the heck out of me.

Old 05-15-2013, 12:46 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,554,229 times
There is a huge difference between getting recalled and impeachment. Just like there is a huge difference between a President and a know nothing Sheriff. I would expect a Republican to understand that.

Old 05-15-2013, 04:06 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
There is a huge difference between getting recalled and impeachment. Just like there is a huge difference between a President and a know nothing Sheriff. I would expect a Republican to understand that.
fac

and you don't think most of us know there is a difference? Of course we know the difference, but I think most people who think with an open mind and know how popular Joe is, realize the chances of his being recalled are about the same as the Pres getting impeached. You say he is a know nothing sheriff, could be, but he is a very popular no nothing isn't he? How many people do you know that live in AZ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections