Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2012, 04:00 PM

2,616 posts, read 2,398,970 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
You are beating a dead horse. I'm more curious about your motivation than his taxes.
It's not a dead horse, it's a dead horses' arse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2012, 04:44 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,315,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Romney has nothing to lose, but more importantly, nothing to gain, by releasing his tax records.
At this point Romney's tax returns and Romney himself are both irrelevant.He lost.

Old 11-28-2012, 09:10 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragontales View Post
Since he got destroyed in the election Mitt has nothing to lose now. Can we, the lower class folks, finally get to see your tax returns? 14%? 13%? What is it? Paying so low for someone making millions of dollars is great isn't it? Mitt is just like the rest of us, making $50k or lower and paying 20%+.

Here comes the birthers in 3,2,1...

Obama's high school transcripts blah blah blah...
who cares, it is over? let it rest for heavens sake....

Old 11-28-2012, 09:36 AM

4,991 posts, read 4,505,887 times
Why are conservatives so upset that their most recent nominee is being asked to provide details he refused to provide prior to his crushing defeat. I'd like to know what his financial details would have been, you know the details he explicitly stated he would not provide until after the election. Wouldn't that be helpful?

Man, the GOP throws out it's trash quickly. I guess Mitt will go the way of Bush 41 and 43, Bob Dole, John McCain, on the scrap heep of ex-republican leaders never to be mentioned again. I mean literally, these dudes don't get invites to anything, not even a whisper of their names. Oh well, I'm glad the pile just keeps getting bigger.

Old 11-28-2012, 09:43 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
Why are conservatives so upset that their most recent nominee is being asked to provide details he refused to provide prior to his crushing defeat. I'd like to know what his financial details would have been, you know the details he explicitly stated he would not provide until after the election. Wouldn't that be helpful?

Man, the GOP throws out it's trash quickly. I guess Mitt will go the way of Bush 41 and 43, Bob Dole, John McCain, on the scrap heep of ex-republican leaders never to be mentioned again. I mean literally, these dudes don't get invites to anything, not even a whisper of their names. Oh well, I'm glad the pile just keeps getting bigger.
I have wondered why they are so anxious to throw away their ex-leaders. Yes, they were flawed - as are we all but . . I don't think it's fair to blame the loss of the election soley on Romney.

He had to dance to the right during their primary then try to do-si-do back to the middle during the general ~ it wasn't all Mitt's fault. And they are throwing him to the wolves. Not crazy about that mentality.

Old 11-28-2012, 10:04 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,242,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I have wondered why they are so anxious to throw away their ex-leaders. Yes, they were flawed - as are we all but . . I don't think it's fair to blame the loss of the election soley on Romney.

He had to dance to the right during their primary then try to do-si-do back to the middle during the general ~ it wasn't all Mitt's fault. And they are throwing him to the wolves. Not crazy about that mentality.
Obama must be the wolf then, because he invited Willard to the White House for a meeting this Thursday.

President Barack Obama invites Mitt Romney over for dinner ... and the opportunity to engage and consider his views on how to revive the economy - NY Daily News

Old 11-28-2012, 11:25 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times
Still campaigning like OBama to avoid facing that you have to lead;govern and responsible for the results:I see.No wander we are four years;no better off and deeper in debt.

Old 11-28-2012, 03:40 PM

1,290 posts, read 2,040,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Still campaigning like OBama to avoid facing that you have to lead;govern and responsible for the results:I see.No wander we are four years;no better off and deeper in debt.
Four years ago this country was on the verge of financial ruins. You are telling me today is not better than 2007/2008? That Fox bubble is getting bigger.

Old 11-28-2012, 03:41 PM

1,290 posts, read 2,040,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
Maybe Mitt will bring with him his binders full of tax returns to this meeting?

Old 11-29-2012, 01:47 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post

Not upset, it is over, why would anyone really care and what purpose would it serve? BTW your sencond paragraph has nothing to do with tax records or the OPs question. and what do you mean invites to anything? I think Bush one is past the invite state, Bush 2 has no desire to stay in the public eye, Dole is, like Bush one, past his prime and John McCain is still a very active Senator or have you not noticed? What do we hear about Dukakis, Gore, (except for what he tells us about his latest invention) or Edwards? Are you now running a social sec network, where you keep track of who is invited to what?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections