Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2007, 02:10 PM

1,506 posts, read 4,281,122 times

Advertisements

Ok, so on Halloween it turned out that I actually didn't have anything to do. This was a welcome relief and I looked forward to an evening of watching tv and ignoring the doorbell.

I wanted to watch something scary, and since it was Halloween I felt that I couldn't miss. Well I got a good scare alright, just not in the way I had intended. I did find a live broadcast of Ghost Hunters, but I knew that would be kinda boring, since its just a group of plumbers running around in the dark, getting spooked like a bunch of school girls at a slumber party. So I changed the channel...... to Fox News.

O'Rielly was on and his guest was a Democratic candidate for president, Kucinich or whatever his name is. Seems he saw a UFO. Now I don't know what he means by that. Does he mean "I saw something but I don't know what it was." or does he mean "I saw an alien spaceship."? I hope he meant the former. Seriously, do we want a man with his finger on the nuclear button who could have an "abduction experience" at any time and think that aliens are coming to give him an anal probe? No, the risk is just too great.

Governor Richardson of New Mexico was also asked about UFOs. He is at least sane. He basically said that he doesn't believe in UFOs and has never seen one. But he did suggest that the government was covering something up at Roswell. To his credit, he did admit that he was just trying to drum up some tourism for New Mexico, but dang, does he have to go around feeding delusional conspiracy theories like that? It seems very irresponsible to me considering that half of Americans are just plain nuts and won't get the joke.

The Republican candidate Huckabee was also a guest. He said something about not believing in evolution but if you wanted to believe that you were evovled from primates then thats your choice. Not verbatum, but something like that. Now I know the guy is a Baptist preacher and all, and I don't expect him to endorse evolution but does he even know that HUMANS ARE PRIMATES? I know what he meant, he meant to say that he doesn't believe that people evolved from monkeys, but he realized that that would make him sound like an ignorant hick, so instead he said primate, which also makes him sound like an ignorant hick albeit for a different reason.

Senator Clinton was featured at the start of the show. Watching her trying to answer a simple question about DL's for illegals was not scary so much as painful, yeah, painful but hilarious. I almost felt sorry for her, kinda almost, well not really, in fact I enjoyed watching her suffer. Its like watching Saw, all she has to do is give a straight answer to the question to save her campaign. Well all know what her real answer answer is, yes she does support giving DLs to illegals, we all know that and it won't hurt her any to say it. But she just can't do it, instead she answers by saying "Yes,no, maybe, I don't know, quit being mean to me I'm just a girl, and Bush is evil so there." (paraphrased)

Sen. Clinton came up again later in the show. Seems she saw a ghost. Really. A ghost of Abe Lincoln right there in the White House. Great. Really great. The one candidate on the show that might actually win the election is having hallucinations. It is bad enough that the guys who have no chance of winning are nuts, but the front runner too?

I am going to have to quit watching tv on Halloween, it just too dang scary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2007, 03:12 PM

640 posts, read 461,734 times
Dennis Kucinich (D) said he saw "something". Scary, I agree. But to my consolation, he's not anywhere near becoming the next president, so I don't think to much about his hallucinations :-)

Hillary's inability to answer a direct, simple question.....typical. She's a Clinton. Did you expect anything more?

And thanks for listing the names of the presidential hopefuls that Mr. O'Reilly had on his show that evening. Good to see that he was FAIR and BALANCED, as always.

Old 11-02-2007, 07:28 PM

2,935 posts, read 5,000,736 times
I don't really see a problem with someone having seen an "unidentified flying object," I mean, it could be a shiny helicopter for all we know. Now, if he were to say "alien spacecraft" or "flying saucer" or "God" for that matter, I'd be worried.

Old 11-02-2007, 07:34 PM

7,381 posts, read 7,695,462 times
I agree. I don't see the big deal. I really do like Kucinich, though I disagree with him vehemently on nearly every issue. At least he seems principled, as compared to the rest of his democratic opponents.

Old 11-02-2007, 07:40 PM

9,891 posts, read 10,826,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post
I agree. I don't see the big deal. I really do like Kucinich, though I disagree with him vehemently on nearly every issue. At least he seems principled, as compared to the rest of his democratic opponents.
I must agree AJ, would never want him any where near the whitehouse, but at least he is not pretending to be something hes not, what I consider an honest liberal!

Old 11-02-2007, 08:45 PM

1,469 posts, read 4,496,013 times
People do see things in the sky that's difficult to identify, something weird flew over my house one night and I didn't know what the heck it was.

Found out the next day it was my mother-in-law on a broom.

We have several running for pres. I don't want near the White House, it's just another disaster waiting to happen. I would like Ron Paul/ Thompson

Old 11-03-2007, 05:29 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,458,697 times
I can't find fault in anyone who claims to see UFOs. Personally, I'm terrible at aircraft identification and I don't live far from Elmondorf AFB, so I see UFOs all the time.

Old 11-03-2007, 06:07 PM

1,573 posts, read 4,064,560 times
I like Richard Beltzer's respones to the UFO remarks on Huffington Post blogs. In short... There's more evidence that extraterrestrials are visiting Earth than Saddam Hussein had weapons of mass destruction, or that a bronze age sky god created man from the dust of the earth.

In short, I'd have no problems voting for somebody who believes in UFO's or aliens. OTOH, I'd have more problems with somebody who believes in "creation science", since there is no good evidence for that, at least compared to the extraterrestrial hypothesis of UFO's.

Truthfully, I wouldn't care what somebody believes about creation, as long as they realize it is a private belief and "not science". As atheist Cristopher Hitchens says, "You can have your toys, and play with your toys at your house with your kids. But please don't come over to my house and ask me to play with your toys. I don't like your toys".

Old 11-04-2007, 11:38 AM

118 posts, read 465,536 times
Default Ufo

I saw a UFO one night in Birmingham, AL.

I was working at Medical Center East as a Security Officer. I was sitting in my truck facing west, when this huge craft, that can of reminded me of the Enterprise spaceship, slowly, silently gliding toward me to the east.
It was flying very low, maybe about 500 feet from the ground.

We monitored B'ham PD radio transmissions and I heard a B'ham Police Officer yell over the radio "What Is That?!". No one answered nor response from anyone.

I drove around to the other side of the hospital and watched it slowly and silently cross the hill.
I asked my partner who was in another truck somewhere else on campus if he saw anything and he said no.
My LT was standing outside, in front of the ER and did not see it.

I saw it just as plain as day. The police officer yelling on the radio saw it. However, no one responded to his radio transmission.
It was not reported on the news, there were no other aircraft around and this was near the airport.

I can't explain it but I know what I saw.

Why did me and a B'ham police officer see it but no one else (at least no one reported it)?
Why didn't anyone respond to his call on the radio? Didn't anyone hear it?

Old 11-04-2007, 02:53 PM

791 posts, read 2,223,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooner_Nation_60 View Post
And thanks for listing the names of the presidential hopefuls that Mr. O'Reilly had on his show that evening. Good to see that he was FAIR and BALANCED, as always.
Fox, to be FAIR, presenting the other side, so YOU can be BALANCED
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections