Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2007, 12:57 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,481,395 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan61 View Post
gore is a fat tub

and hes dumb, and I mean freakin stupid
Wow, your exceptional capitalization, punctuation and vocabulary skills really place you head and shoulders above Mr. Gore!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2007, 03:23 PM

4,714 posts, read 13,315,952 times
Having this election hoopla has made every single news item stale...No one wants to know anymore about the candidate field...They've heard it all and seen all of them that they can handle.

If I were Al Gore I would keep quiet until about 45 days before the Democratic Conventon...Let everyone stew in this mess...on July 4th,2008 go to 'Freedom Hall' in
Philly and announce my candidancy...On the platform of doing it for the good of the nation...begin a whirlwind tour of the country...have a carefully crafted routine and press reports and nothing more...
thus stealing ALL the media for himself...push the public into an uproar and take the convention...
just like Bobby Kennedy was doing to LBJ...He was going to take the convention and everyone knew it.

Gore can take this Presidency if he wants it....

Old 10-21-2007, 04:11 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Kennedy View Post
Gore can take this Presidency if he wants it....
Not a chance in the world.. The right view him as a wacko and would rather vote for Mickey Mouse, the left can be, (or need to be) more central, he might get the left wing fringe but not enough ever to beat Clinton.

Old 10-21-2007, 04:17 PM

478 posts, read 959,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan61 View Post
gore is a fat tub

and hes dumb, and I mean freakin stupid
Ladies and Gentleman, I introduce the next candidate for the Nobel Peace Prize.

Frickin' wild, it all is. A true American success story.

God Speed.

Old 10-21-2007, 04:29 PM

264 posts, read 695,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Kennedy View Post
1. Revenge: Get back at the Clintons for deep-sixing his earlier campaign.
2. Many Americans think he lost the election unfairly and want to give him a
second chance.
3. He has a new position of stature because of championing environmental
issues and winning the 'Nobel Prize'.
4. He looks good...He looks Presidential.
5. Out of all the other hopefuls, only he has the look of a statesman.
Very much like Ronald Regan.
6. The time is right to do this...just like JFK did.

If he decides to take this election...I'll be glad to manage his campaign in
West Virginia.
It usually takes an optimistic message--one that expresses unambiguous faith in America and the American people--to get a majority of voters excited about a candidate. This is one the things that made FDR, JFK, LBJ, Reagan, and Clinton popular. Carter's and Mondale's lack of it helped make them unpopular. Al Gore doesn't seem to be very good at this kind of thing. He's really more of a serious thinker than he is a person who rallies ordinary people--a trait that he shares with John Kerry.

Old 10-21-2007, 04:33 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berkshires413 View Post
Ladies and Gentleman, I introduce the next candidate for the Nobel Peace Prize.
Still trying to figure that one out.. What EXACTLY did Gore do again to qualify for the Nobel PEACE Prize?

Old 10-21-2007, 05:10 PM

478 posts, read 959,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Still trying to figure that one out.. What EXACTLY did Gore do again to qualify for the Nobel PEACE Prize?
I am not nessecarily praising Al Gore's accomplishments or championing whether or not he deserved the Nobel Peace Prize.

I'm just calling out someone who criticizes him... while sounding as if they just came down off the mountain with a bottle of moonshine and Earnest T. Bass in tow.

I love the World Wide Web. It's a great place for anyone to have a voice. And I think it's also wonderful that the Mayberry Public Library now has internet access.

Old 10-22-2007, 12:58 AM

pghquest just said it:

Return by re-inventing himself as the 'Centrist of Choice'.

A quick orchestrated mega campaign to blind the other candidates and take the news media with him.

The country will forget about the past...they have already...name recognition, some good professional PR people (not the Bill/Hillary dweebs as before)
a good Madison Avenue advertising company like the old days)

Every progressive day set up with the 'correct' press releases.
I'm saying it can be crafted and it can be done.

Old 10-22-2007, 06:18 AM

Reason # 36:

The people of the United States do not want 8 more years of the Clintons.

Old 10-22-2007, 07:11 AM

10,203 posts, read 27,122,816 times
Just this side of personal attacks. Keep it clean in these here woods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berkshires413 View Post
I am not nessecarily praising Al Gore's accomplishments or championing whether or not he deserved the Nobel Peace Prize.

I'm just calling out someone who criticizes him... while sounding as if they just came down off the mountain with a bottle of moonshine and Earnest T. Bass in tow.

I love the World Wide Web. It's a great place for anyone to have a voice. And I think it's also wonderful that the Mayberry Public Library now has internet access.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections