Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2007, 09:37 PM

4,135 posts, read 10,817,172 times

Advertisements

You quoted me. It is not anti Hispanic; it is anti ILLEGAL. What part of ILLEGAL do you not get? If someone breaks the law to come here, they need to be deported.I don't want people to come by breaking the law. ICE just rounded up about 40 people in NYS illegally and shipped them back to Africa. Is the fact ICE rounded them up anti-black? No, it is anti-ILLEGAL.There are illegals here from Europe, Asia, every continent but Antarctica ( I bet penguin illegals couldn't hide long except in a zoo).

My family came here needing a sponsor, a job and money in the pocket... all before Ellis Island was opened. They came LEGALLY and became citizens and assimilated. They did not become anti-American, did not have anti-Amnerican rallies and burn our flag.

I don't care if people come here LEGALLY, nor from WHERE. You apply, you wait your turn, you come and you come w/intent to be an American. [Keep your culture, fine. Don't try to force it on America. ] It is the ILLEGAL part I am against. IN NY, Spitzer wants to give ILLEGALS licenses based on passports to make the country safer driving to work...to ILLEGAL jobs... many will "check the box to vote" while getting those licenses. That alone is another act of breaking the law -- only citizens get to vote.

What part of not wanting ILLEGAL criminals do you not get?
PS: I have Hispanic family, all who came legally.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2007, 09:40 PM

392 posts, read 1,859,118 times
The guy that wanted to divert water from the Great Lakes to the SW? Yeah, I know he has backed off on it but you still know how he feels.....

Old 10-20-2007, 09:49 PM

9,891 posts, read 10,825,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheroad View Post
Here are some serious talking points on Richardson's positions:

Bill Richardson on the Issues

Check his statements on immigration. They are neither pro or anti-illegal immigration. I would rate them fair and balanced.

If one is considered pro-illegal immigration because they are fair and balanced, then the accuser should check his/her own balance.
that is a great web site otr!

Old 10-20-2007, 09:51 PM

10,203 posts, read 27,122,816 times
See the link I posted. And read my comments.

I asked a question and it appears you are now feeling defensive. But I only asked a question...right?

I don't feel that Bill Richardson is pro-illegal immigration. You can feel anyway you'd like, right?

And you were not the only poster that made the comment.

But I want to know where this is coming from....not be assaulted because I have an alternative POV. And illegal immigration isn't the topic, here, or did I walked into the wrong forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloTransplant View Post
You quoted me. It is not anti Hispanic; it is anti ILLEGAL. What part of ILLEGAL do you not get? If someone breaks the law to come here, they need to be deported.I don't want people to come by breaking the law. ICE just rounded up about 40 people in NYS illegally and shipped them back to Africa. Is the fact ICE rounded them up anti-black? No, it is anti-ILLEGAL.There are illegals here from Europe, Asia, every continent but Antarctica ( I bet penguin illegals couldn't hide long except in a zoo).

My family came here needing a sponsor, a job and money in the pocket... all before Ellis Island was opened. They came LEGALLY and became citizens and assimilated. They did not become anti-American, did not have anti-Amnerican rallies and burn our flag.

I don't care if people come here LEGALLY, nor from WHERE. You apply, you wait your turn, you come and you come w/intent to be an American. [Keep your culture, fine. Don't try to force it on America. ] It is the ILLEGAL part I am against. IN NY, Spitzer wants to give ILLEGALS licenses based on passports to make the country safer driving to work...to ILLEGAL jobs... many will "check the box to vote" while getting those licenses. That alone is another act of breaking the law -- only citizens get to vote.

What part of not wanting ILLEGAL criminals do you not get?
PS: I have Hispanic family, all who came legally.

Old 10-20-2007, 09:53 PM

If you lived in a drought ridden state with no water; a river that looks like a trickle, and landlocked, you might think about an alternative too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stock66 View Post
The guy that wanted to divert water from the Great Lakes to the SW? Yeah, I know he has backed off on it but you still know how he feels.....

Old 10-20-2007, 09:54 PM

Sometimes google works, and this time it did. We can see all the little pieces on one site. Love it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
that is a great web site otr!

Old 10-20-2007, 10:14 PM

392 posts, read 1,859,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheroad View Post
If you lived in a drought ridden state with no water; a river that looks like a trickle, and landlocked, you might think about an alternative too.
Well actually I do live in a drought ridden area and I see how water is wasted. IF you choose to live in such an area maybe you don't get a big green lawn, a pool, a fountain, golf courses or all the other "amenities" that can come with living in an area with plenty of water? Maybe you don't wash off your driveway with the hose and take nice long showers? I'm not saying everyone does it but certainly enough. I'm not in the Midwest but I don't see why they should bail me out......

Old 10-20-2007, 10:19 PM

Well, up in Taos, it was hard to find anything green, no lawns, no swimming pools, and regulated use of water. So, I am not relating to what you are referring to or where you are coming from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stock66 View Post
Well actually I do live in a drought ridden area and I see how water is wasted. IF you choose to live in such an area maybe you don't get a big green lawn, a pool, a fountain, golf courses or all the other "amenities" that can come with living in an area with plenty of water? Maybe you don't wash off your driveway with the hose and take nice long showers? I'm not saying everyone does it but certainly enough. I'm not in the Midwest but I don't see why they should bail me out......

Old 10-21-2007, 12:40 AM

2,935 posts, read 5,000,340 times
My state was drought ridden this summer, but that's irrelevant.

Old 11-25-2007, 08:56 PM

1 posts, read 1,072 times
Default Richardson has doubled poll numbers in 30 days

Check Richardson's website for a quick bullet point list of his positions and plans for resolution of key issues facing this country (including illegal immigration). He's reasonable, personable, intelligent, and bar none the most experienced candidate in either party. Secretary of Energy, 5 time Nobel Prize Nominee, multi-term congressman, governor, UN ambassador, etc, etc, etc. Not nearly enough drama to sell papers and TV news. Not much to criticize.

An electable African American and a woman (with proven history of Clinton drama and selling scandals)... in the same race… why would media conglomerates give airtime to anything less. When did good ideas and common sense sell papers? It's up to media consumers to demand more.

Richardson's numbers in the polls have doubled in the past month. Looks like folks are catching on.

Bill Richardson for President | Issues (http://www.richardsonforpresident.com/issues - broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections