Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2013, 09:18 AM

2,003 posts, read 1,168,634 times

Advertisements

Now this is funny...Obamas margin of victory wouldve have been greater with these two running on a ticket.

The Secret Gingrich-Santorum 'Unity Ticket' That Nearly Toppled Romney - Businessweek
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2013, 11:39 AM

2,031 posts, read 2,988,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treasurefinder View Post
Now this is funny...Obamas margin of victory wouldve have been greater with these two running on a ticket.

The Secret Gingrich-Santorum 'Unity Ticket' That Nearly Toppled Romney - Businessweek
OK, after determining that, in fact, this story is not from The Onion, I proceeded to ...

That said, a ticket of Fetus Cuddler-Moon Annexer would've been hilarious! The only question is: how many more states would the GOP have lost had it happened?

PS -- Does anyone else think it is incredibly weird that Rick Santorum's wife spent her 20s shacked up with a doctor... the doctor than delivered her as a baby, over 20 years earlier (and who performed abortions in his spare time)?

Rick Santorum's wife Karen had love affair with abortion doctor | Mail Online

Old 03-22-2013, 11:58 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:

first of all, has anyone ever told you it isn't a good idea to believe everything you read and second, true or false (most likely false or over exagerated) the election is gone, nada, over; what other words can we think of? It has to be put behind us and let's move on. This would be almost like saying, Well back in the days of the civil war, it wasn't so and sos fault the war was lost by the south and Booth didn't really kill Lincoln. It is over...

Old 03-22-2013, 12:10 PM

2,003 posts, read 1,168,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
first of all, has anyone ever told you it isn't a good idea to believe everything you read and second, true or false (most likely false or over exagerated) the election is gone, nada, over; what other words can we think of? It has to be put behind us and let's move on. This would be almost like saying, Well back in the days of the civil war, it wasn't so and sos fault the war was lost by the south and Booth didn't really kill Lincoln. It is over...

Oh, I am sorry, only nmnita can bring up topics that are deemed appropriate? Its a PUBLIC forum..besides it sounds plausible. Last time I checked, this was a POLITICAL forum, and I thought it was an interesting article. Your analogy to the civil war was ignorant and irrelevant.

Everyone on here knows you are a die hard Republican, so if the tables were turned, you would have no problem if the article was about two Dems, so please, spare me the faux indignation.

Old 03-22-2013, 12:36 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,607,811 times
Quote:
It has to be put behind us and let's move on. This would be almost like saying, Well back in the days of the civil war, it wasn't so and sos fault the war was lost by the south and Booth didn't really kill Lincoln. It is over...
So why are you still talking about the election on other current threads?

Quote:
Have to say, I don't know where that chart came from, but I have checked in 3 other places and that chart does not match up. I certainly am not one that would say anyone is dumb for voting the way they do, it is a personal thing and people have their reasons for voting for a candidate. That is why we hold elections, but more blacks did vote for Obama than normally vote Democrat...
And here you are commenting on a post discussing election results when Gore was the candidate:

Quote:
For heavens sake, did you ever see me say anything about my being shocked at Blacks voting for a Democrat? I actually said quite the opposite...Now, show me where I said I was shocked. I am speaking for myself, not others on here. And btw, 3 to 7 point difference is the difference in the outcome in case you didn't know. or it can be the difference, depending on where the 3 to 7% comes from..
Just hypocrisy?

Old 03-22-2013, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Oh, I am sorry, only nmnita can bring up topics that are deemed appropriate? Its a PUBLIC forum..besides it sounds plausible. Last time I checked, this was a POLITICAL forum, and I thought it was an interesting article. Your analogy to the civil war was ignorant and irrelevant.

Everyone on here knows you are a die hard Republican, so if the tables were turned, you would have no problem if the article was about two Dems, so please, spare me the faux indignation.
Did I say or even indicate the subject was inappropriate? Of course I didn't. I said the election is over, let's get on with the future, not the past..Now, if I did say it was inappropriate or even indicated that please let me know where you read it. BTW I am a die hard Republican but would I have a problem if the tables were turned? You darn well better believe I would. That is why I am always saying : get over the birther thing. It really makes no difference and I say the same when people bring up the Muslim issue. When something has run its course, it has and there is no reason to dwell on it.

Old 03-22-2013, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
So why are you still talking about the election on other current threads?

And here you are commenting on a post discussing election results when Gore was the candidate:

Just hypocrisy?
I am, I might be responding to something that someone said, but I am not starting threads about it or if I am, please show me where?

Old 03-22-2013, 01:47 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,858,215 times
You mean Romney didn't topple?

Old 03-22-2013, 01:53 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,607,811 times
Quote:
I am, I might be responding to something that someone said, but I am not starting threads about it or if I am, please show me where?
So starting thread, but not participating in threads is the line? Nice rationalization.

Old 03-22-2013, 02:21 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
I agree with this statement but the story really isn't much of one. Gingrich is the type that believes he would have done better even if the actual outcome could be proven and it showed his actual support would have been 15%.

Gingrich is not a valid presidential candidate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections