Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2007, 09:30 PM

169 posts, read 632,924 times

Advertisements

The thread title says it all......

I can't understand why Biden is not doing better than he is. I'm an Independent, and I am in agreement with him on all issues which is something I can't say about any other candidate, either Rep or Dem!

If Hillary wasn't running, do you think Biden would be higher up in the "standings"?

(I can only hope that if a Dem does win, he or she will have the sense to make Biden either Secretary of State or VP)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2007, 11:46 AM

5,299 posts, read 8,257,117 times
I've liked Biden's performances in the debates and agree with his three state solution for Iraq, but I don't think he has a chance to win the dem nomination. I'm supporting another dem candidate, but I have family members who are independents and they're supporting Biden.

Old 10-28-2007, 12:53 PM

238 posts, read 1,144,549 times
The media and big money people are promoting a women, a black or a Washington outsider, so a long term Washington hand like Biden does not stand a chance. He is still promoted by running for President, so it helps his influence and power base.

Old 10-28-2007, 01:05 PM

4,714 posts, read 13,315,952 times
Many people remember Joe Biden from the Bill Clinton days..they are still holding their noses...If he was the only candidate, I would be rooting for the write-in...sorry, you asked.

Old 10-28-2007, 01:11 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,481,395 times
I think Biden is a decent human being, but as a politician he follows 90% of the recycled neocon garbage that the rest of them do. He's maybe a little brighter than the rest of the pack, but I vote on policy, which is why I'm for Mike Gravel.

Old 10-29-2007, 03:22 PM

5,110 posts, read 7,141,538 times
Biden is by far the most qualified and best candidate running. I would say that Dodd would be decent, but Biden has the clarity on foreign policy to improve Iraq and competently handle foreign issues and terrorism in general. He also has a solid track record on domestic issues He is known for his Senator talkiness, but seems to be aware of his reputation and has been to the point on the campaign trail/debates. To many, yes, he is an insider, but that is irrelevant. What matters is who has the most sound policy skills and the ability to be the best commander and chief.

No other candidate has seriously attempted to approach our departure from Iraq. Biden has. He has proposed a solution to stabilize that area and bring our troops home. At this point there are no easy or great solutions to Iraq. But Biden has stepped up. Nobody else from either party has.

And to those who think he doesn't have a chance:

the 2004 Democratic nominee for President: Dean.

Oh that's right, Dean got knocked out by the guy in the 4th place in the polls only weeks prior to Iowa....

This year is more challenging. Edwards and Obama are the only candidates other than Hillary to get media coverage and they both have wasted it. Hillary was considered unlikable, but proved them wrong. Most voters are women and most are choosing Hillary. From that standpoint, I'm sure who has a chance, but I do know that national polls are irrelevant right now. Staes not named Iowa and New Hampshire don't have many cookouts with Biden or anyone else.

Old 10-29-2007, 03:48 PM

5,407 posts, read 7,795,499 times
I think he is definitely a knowledgeable guy on foreign policy and the Middle East. A lot of his commentary about Iraq makes sense. He can be a little annoying with his personal instinct to pander and crack jokes. Also he has some skeletons in his closet from the last time he ran, when he was found to be plagiarizing parts of his speeches.

Old 11-02-2007, 07:29 AM

50 posts, read 182,336 times
I am an independant and I strongly support Biden. Heading into the 2008 elections I think the most important issue is our foreign relations. I think the best candidate to handle this would be Biden or Bill Richardson. I just hope they can make a name for themselves while the media continues to only cover Hillary and Obama.

Old 11-02-2007, 07:44 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,019,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeP View Post
Biden is by far the most qualified and best candidate running. This year is more challenging. Edwards and Obama are the only candidates other than Hillary to get media coverage and they both have wasted it. Hillary was considered unlikable, but proved them wrong. Most voters are women and most are choosing Hillary. From that standpoint, I'm sure who has a chance, but I do know that national polls are irrelevant right now. Staes not named Iowa and New Hampshire don't have many cookouts with Biden or anyone else.
Why did Obama and Edwards waste it? Were they too PC and worried about going after a woman? Did Clinton bank on that from fellow Democrats?

Old 11-02-2007, 07:59 AM

9,725 posts, read 15,172,833 times
I like Biden and I've liked him for a long time. Unfortunately, I'm voting for Hillary because I like her more.

I think she would consider putting Biden in her cabinet. He really seems like a likeable guy who works hard and has some good ideas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections