Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2008, 02:31 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,159,646 times

Advertisements

Palin's Plan:
Palin’s new plan: Go after Biden - Mike Allen - Politico.com
"The Palin camp is projecting surprising self-confidence in the pre-debate hours, despite the vice presidential nominee’s uneven — and, at some points, peculiar — performances in recent television interviews, the officials say. Top advisers to John McCain privately say Palin’s recent CBS interview was a borderline disaster, especially since it played out in several segments over several days. Tonight will be different, they say."

Biden's Plan:
Biden Prepares for Palin With Eye on Gender Pitfalls - WSJ.com
"The Biden team has been hunkered down at the Sheraton Suites hotel in Wilmington, Del, to prepare. Barack Obama's campaign has assembled a team of top advisers, including several prominent female debaters, to help the Delaware senator, known for his tough attacks and candor, to debate the Republicans' first female vice-presidential nominee."

(Title and these links to Politico and the WSJ from the Huffington Post.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2008, 02:53 PM

1,316 posts, read 2,465,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Palin's Plan:
Palin’s new plan: Go after Biden - Mike Allen - Politico.com
"The Palin camp is projecting surprising self-confidence in the pre-debate hours, despite the vice presidential nominee’s uneven — and, at some points, peculiar — performances in recent television interviews, the officials say. Top advisers to John McCain privately say Palin’s recent CBS interview was a borderline disaster, especially since it played out in several segments over several days. Tonight will be different, they say."

Biden's Plan:
Biden Prepares for Palin With Eye on Gender Pitfalls - WSJ.com
"The Biden team has been hunkered down at the Sheraton Suites hotel in Wilmington, Del, to prepare. Barack Obama's campaign has assembled a team of top advisers, including several prominent female debaters, to help the Delaware senator, known for his tough attacks and candor, to debate the Republicans' first female vice-presidential nominee."

(Title and these links to Politico and the WSJ from the Huffington Post.)
What they should be saying is they "HOPE" tonight is going to be different. In my eyes and in the eyes of most Americans, she already has proven herself to be "clueless" and there is no way to change people's perception. McCain is sinking anyway so this debate will mean nothing or do nothing to help McCain.

Old 10-02-2008, 02:56 PM

365 posts, read 525,468 times
I think they should just have a debate like any other VPs. I don't understand why McCain's camp and the others made so many changes and demands just to accommodate Sarah shortcomings. I don't think Biden should have to take off the gloves just because of Sarah's inexperience and her gender. They should not have changed the time length of the questions or anything else. It's sad that McCain pretend they had no knowledge of Gwen's book, but they did. Now they want to pre-blame Gwen for Palin failures on tonight. Any way, Gwen's book is not totally about Obama, he's only a part of it. Plus we all know the type of person Gwen is and that she is totally fair. Gwen records speak for itself. Why does the GOP need to use Gwen for a distraction??????

I would be very happy if Palin at least answer just one question directly, completely, and honest. She will then be a winner in my book .

Old 10-02-2008, 02:57 PM

2,857 posts, read 6,726,338 times
My problem with the attacking she has done so far is that she comes off as arrogant. While most politicians are arrogant, I feel she really lacks the background to support this arrogance. She lacks gravitas.

She would be better off touting McCain's goals rathering than attacking anyone.

Old 10-02-2008, 03:10 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,159,646 times
I'd like to see how Palin delivers an attack on Biden's record - I havent seen her attack anything so it would be interesting to see her version of the traditional politician's mix of fake outrage and indignation ("I'm shocked! Shocked, I tell you!")

I think Biden will probably have the easier time of it but if he's put on the defensive - I dont know what that will look like. If he shows he's agitated, that's a Palin win.

Best for Palin: She's plucky, friendly David, he's old stuck-up Goliath. She's the brave little girl who speaks for the people, he's...French. (And he lies.)

Best for Biden: He's presidential, she's in over her head. He's the old professional, she's a puppet manipulated by a second-string Bush-Rove team.

Old 10-02-2008, 03:21 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,600,753 times
Default Senator Biden Should....

Laugh, when he knows we're laughing. He'll do just fine.........it's strange for the Governor's camp to release this information...

The spot where we intend to fight must not be
made known
SunTzu

Old 10-02-2008, 03:27 PM

552 posts, read 1,073,542 times
"Palin, so how about this economy?"
"Well, first off, Biden sucks. In conclusion, screw Biden. McCain/Palin 08!!!"

Old 10-02-2008, 05:36 PM

4,978 posts, read 9,515,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domino View Post
My problem with the attacking she has done so far is that she comes off as arrogant. While most politicians are arrogant, I feel she really lacks the background to support this arrogance. She lacks gravitas.

She doesn't even know McCain's goals, and neither do we. He says he will fix things, but not how...

Old 10-02-2008, 05:40 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,045,989 times
If anything the post presidential debate polls are showing that moderates don't want any more attacking politicians. She may be trying to solidfy the wobbling base tonight.

Old 10-02-2008, 05:44 PM

1,966 posts, read 2,703,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domino View Post

I completely agree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections