Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2013, 08:00 PM

23,216 posts, read 29,026,930 times

Advertisements

Yup! Obama had/has plenty of it: charisma, star power!

In the last election: Nope! Forget these 2 candidates! No charisma, no star power! Won't make it!

And what's the common ingredient of charisma? Charm? That's my guess, being able to charm/mesmerize/blindfold the potential voters.

More elections are on the way, and how many will get tripped up over the charisma factor again!!

Is it an absolute necessary ingredient to become a leader?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2013, 08:03 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,827,890 times
Often it promises that people believe of some bigger slice of the buy that has become what the budget is made of.

Old 07-05-2013, 08:31 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,934,095 times
It was the same thing in 1960 when JFK ran against Nixon.. Nothing has really changed and the president is elected much in the same way as Miss America.. Whoever is the most popular and best looking wins.. It has nothing to do with policy. Sadly we are a nation of idiots...

Old 07-05-2013, 09:31 PM

2,635 posts, read 3,510,639 times
Remind me again, who was that actor who was president during the `80's? The guy who did that movie with a chimp?

Old 07-05-2013, 09:49 PM

494 posts, read 804,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke_Jaguar4 View Post
Remind me again, who was that actor who was president during the `80's? The guy who did that movie with a chimp?
Yep.. Can add him as well to the list. Ofcourse in his case the msm etc were not on his side when he first decided to run and tried relentlessly to take him out. Unfortunately they failed. Ofcourse the alternative we had at the time was even worse.

One can only hope we can overcome this but yeah.. The only way i see this ever happening is when people decide to say ENOUGH and turn off CNN/FOX/MSNBC and start doing their own research which is made so easy but ala ignored. EVERYTHING you could ever wanna know about most of these people can be found online. And no that doesn't mean or include those like huffypost/drudge or the other msm type websites that are about as worthless as MSNBC/FOX/CNN and thus nothing more then biased opinion pieces. People need to learn to start using the internet sorta like advertisers/Google/FB etc has. Very easy to do but ala people unfortunately are lazy.

Old 07-06-2013, 04:52 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,690,931 times
I am sure we would all like to think we vote based on ideas and what is best for us and our country as we see it, but we are human and star power (not only looks I will add) does play a part in our thinking. it isn't just electing a President, it is in business, as well.

Freightshaker, I just want to add, you say we are a nation of idiots, don't you think people throughout the world elect their leaders pretty much the same?

Old 07-06-2013, 06:55 AM

910 posts, read 1,318,822 times
Charisma is a stripper name. Voters are addicted to a stripper.

Old 07-06-2013, 07:07 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,468,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
Yup! Obama had/has plenty of it: charisma, star power!

In the last election: Nope! Forget these 2 candidates! No charisma, no star power! Won't make it!

And what's the common ingredient of charisma? Charm? That's my guess, being able to charm/mesmerize/blindfold the potential voters.

More elections are on the way, and how many will get tripped up over the charisma factor again!!

Is it an absolute necessary ingredient to become a leader?
You think it was charisma that lost the election for you and not comments about "legitimate rape" and the 47% being moochers? You haven`t a clue.

Old 07-06-2013, 10:39 AM

2,635 posts, read 3,510,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Pederman View Post
Charisma is a stripper name. Voters are addicted to a stripper.
AAAAND next on stage... CHaaaarIIIIIIszmaaaa.

OK Gents, give a little money to this honey and put some greenery on the scenery...

Perhaps the GOP should run some strippers in the next election. They're entrepreneurial capitalists, they appeal to the GOP's core demographic of pasty middle-aged fat males, and at this point the GOP couldn't alienate anymore women. Perhaps they would have better results.

Old 07-06-2013, 10:48 AM

9,827 posts, read 6,934,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I am sure we would all like to think we vote based on ideas and what is best for us and our country as we see it, but we are human and star power (not only looks I will add) does play a part in our thinking. it isn't just electing a President, it is in business, as well.

Freightshaker, I just want to add, you say we are a nation of idiots, don't you think people throughout the world elect their leaders pretty much the same?
Actually yes I do, but that doesn't change the fact that the general population of this country are woefully uninfomed. Just because Argentina is filled with people who are uninformed, doesn't excuse the population of this country...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections