Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2013, 06:31 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,858,215 times

Advertisements

Gov "Bwaaak, Bwaaak, Bwaaak" Cristie is afraid to run for Gov of NJ with a popular Dem on the ticket for another position. How in the world would he be able to run against a popular Dem(Hilary) running for the same job as he? "Bwaaak, Bwaaak, Bwaaak" indeed!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2013, 06:42 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,019,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Gov "Bwaaak, Bwaaak, Bwaaak" Cristie is afraid to run for Gov of NJ with a popular Dem on the ticket for another position. How in the world would he be able to run against a popular Dem(Hilary) running for the same job as he? "Bwaaak, Bwaaak, Bwaaak" indeed!
How popular could Hillary be? You all thumbed your noses at her in 2008 to vote in some guy with zero experience running anything, hardly any legislative accomplishments and just based on the color of his skin. You going to vote for her just because she's a woman so you can feel good about yourselves?

Old 08-14-2013, 08:24 AM

1,672 posts, read 1,771,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
How popular could Hillary be? You all thumbed your noses at her in 2008 to vote in some guy with zero experience running anything, hardly any legislative accomplishments and just based on the color of his skin. You going to vote for her just because she's a woman so you can feel good about yourselves?
IIRC, 2008 was one of the longest primaries in history since it was so close, so I think you are exaggerating a tad if you think the Democrats thumbed their noses.

The question everyone should be asking is who can the GOP put up against Hillary that won't be blown out (for being too far out of the mainstream). From a moderate, independent perspective, I voted for McCain in 2008 because I was concerned about the "experience quota" as you put out, but since then I have found many of the national GOP candidates to be near repulsive. And Obama was/is no saint....

Old 08-14-2013, 09:21 PM

1,034 posts, read 1,244,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majinkoola View Post
Christie is going to have a really tough time if he runs for President. He'd probably end up in the Giuliani range in Iowa of around 2%. If he doesn't flat out win New Hampshire, he's done. He'd get stomped in South Carolina (and the rest of the South) and in Nevada (and the rest of the West). I could see him doing OK in the Northeast and parts of the Midwest, along with maybe California and Florida. However, I think the momentum of him getting demolished early would take him out early ala Giuliani. And comparatively the Republican leaning states get quite a few more delegates at the convention due to bonus points.
Christie is a much better fit with the social conservatives than Rudy G ever was. He is a family man, pro-life and doesn't seem to be a big supporter of gay marriage.

He is a much stronger moderate candidate than Rudy G or Romney. I could see him winning Iowa if enough far right candidate split votes...he will do much better than 2%.

Old 08-14-2013, 10:26 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,945,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FargoBison View Post

Christie is a much better fit with the social conservatives than Rudy G ever was. He is a family man, pro-life and doesn't seem to be a big supporter of gay marriage.
Christie vetoed a bill that would have legalized same sex marriage in NJ because he stated the voters should decide the issue, he conceded that in the Garden State the polls indicate the voters are more pro-marriage equality than in any state in the country. Christie did offer the LGBT community a consolation prize though: he formally nominated an openly gay man to sit on the NJ Supreme Court. Furthermore he has worked with LGBT organizations in his state on other issues. Some people believe he only went against the gay marriage thing because he didn't want to completely alienate the GOP's conservative base.

Old 08-15-2013, 05:35 AM

4,783 posts, read 3,300,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FargoBison View Post

He is a much stronger moderate candidate than Rudy G or Romney. I could see him winning Iowa if enough far right candidate split votes...he will do much better than 2%.
When Christie ran for Gov on abortion he said; "While I am personally pro life, I do respect the opinion of those that are not". Sounds like he wants Government out of the abortion issue all together as it should be.

On gay marriage he says; "I have always supported civil unions giving all the same rights and benefits of marriage, which they have under NJ law. Well that certainly has changed since the recent repeal of section 3 of Doma.

Old 08-18-2013, 09:00 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,858,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff View Post
When Christie ran for Gov on abortion he said; "While I am personally pro life, I do respect the opinion of those that are not". Sounds like he wants Government out of the abortion issue all together as it should be.

On gay marriage he says; "I have always supported civil unions giving all the same rights and benefits of marriage, which they have under NJ law. Well that certainly has changed since the recent repeal of section 3 of Doma.
Christie is already starting the Romney flip flop routine to appease the RW nuts... 50 cal guns? Are you kidding me?

Christie vetoes New Jersey gun ban

Old 08-21-2013, 04:05 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,019,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maabus1999 View Post
IIRC, 2008 was one of the longest primaries in history since it was so close, so I think you are exaggerating a tad if you think the Democrats thumbed their noses.

The question everyone should be asking is who can the GOP put up against Hillary that won't be blown out (for being too far out of the mainstream). From a moderate, independent perspective, I voted for McCain in 2008 because I was concerned about the "experience quota" as you put out, but since then I have found many of the national GOP candidates to be near repulsive. And Obama was/is no saint....
What happens when the GOP pulls up all the anti-Hillary comments by Obama Democrats from the 2008 primaries and bundles them in one ad?

Old 08-21-2013, 04:20 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,951,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
What happens when the GOP pulls up all the anti-Hillary comments by Obama Democrats from the 2008 primaries and bundles them in one ad?
Nothing happens. Politicians routinely endorse the winner in the primary even when they fiercely fought them in primaries.

Old 08-22-2013, 04:48 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Nothing happens. Politicians routinely endorse the winner in the primary even when they fiercely fought them in primaries.
True, but most people know the difference between a true endorsement and one that means nothing. Most of the primary losers, who eventually endorse the candidate can been seen as not meaning what they say..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections