Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2007, 07:08 AM

Location: I live in Ronan, MT but am stationed in Virginia Beach
290 posts, read 690,454 times

Advertisements

A recent national Zogby poll found that Ron Paul dominated in a bi-partisan 'blind' match-up with GOP front runners in nearly every demographic, including most religious groups.

That proved especially true amongst racial demographics. Ron Paul's lead over Giuliani exceeded 20 percentage points in some categories including African Americans, who make up 11% of the electorate, and Asian voters, who make up 2%.

Ron Paul even held a sharp lead in 'White' and 'Hispanic' demographics (in which racial voting trends are usually less cohesive), pulling 31.5% and 34% to Giuliani's 20% and 17.2%, respectively.

Furthermore, concerns that Ron Paul isn't reaching women voters were offset by poll numbers showing 34.7% support from female voters in the 'blind' poll as compared with only 30.8% support from male voters. Giuliani, by comparison, pulled only 17% and 20.3% support in the same poll.

While Giuliani had a greater concentration of support amongst the Republican core, Ron Paul demonstrated his potential for broad-based support from all sectors of the political spectrum, including about 26% of Independents with no direct party loyalty.

Consider that Dr. Paul leads the GOP candidates in support from such demographic groups as 'Born Again' (29.6%), 'Married' (30.9%) and 'NASCAR fans' (32.5%).

Yet he does equally well if not better in seemingly contradictory groups such as 'Not Born Again' (36.5%), 'Catholic' (30.4%) and 'Civil Union' (39.2%). Non-NASCAR fans matched NASCAR support at 32.9%.

Those who make $35-50k have nearly the same support for Paul at 34.2% as those making $75-100k (at 34.6%). Those who make less than $25k show even higher support at 47.6%.

A third of Armed Forces families support Paul in the GOP comparison (see chart two places above) and some 32.1% of non-military families also selected Ron Paul in the blind poll. A related poll question found that 49.1% of respondents support a candidate who would 'immediately withdraw' troops from Iraq.

More poll respondents in the South (35.1%) and West (36.5%) favored Paul in the polls, but the Texas Congressman still won more supporters than his GOP rivals in the East (28.3%) and Central (31.8%) United States regions.

Thus Ron Paul shows wide and varied support for his policies which include ending the Iraq War, injecting sound monetary policy and upholding the Constitution. The poll showed a very favorable response for Paul across the political spectrum and suggests he could do well in a general election and in open-primary states where Independents, Moderates and Democrats could support him in droves.

Indeed, broad-based support shows Ron Paul could be a true 'uniter,' because, as Paul often claims, "the message of liberty does not divide" (though, it is clear, the current political climate certainly does).

Zogby analyst Fritz Wenzel pointed out in an interview about the poll that Ron Paul is moving "in the right direction" at a time when "other candidates are not moving." Wenzel said Paul "has the momentum and a lot of money in his pocket."

Poll numbers from the 'blind-bio' poll conducted by Zogby America of Nationwide Likely Voters for 11/14/07 thru 11/17/07. Sample size 1009. Read full poll at Zogby.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2007, 07:17 AM

Location: I live in Ronan, MT but am stationed in Virginia Beach
290 posts, read 690,454 times
These are recent poll's unlike the ones they show on CNN that are three to four months old same with MSNBC and other main stream media who are trying to marginalized his ratings in the polls.

Old 11-21-2007, 08:20 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,878,379 times
Haven't you seen the latest smear tactic?

Ron Paul is a racist.

Old 11-21-2007, 09:43 AM

8,425 posts, read 12,191,017 times
Ron Paul has the most support of minorities among the GOP wannabees? That's like picking the toughest smurf! What difference will it make?

Old 11-21-2007, 09:54 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,864,594 times
Truth and integrity still matter in this country. That's why Ron Paul is rocking the polls.

Old 11-21-2007, 10:31 AM

11,135 posts, read 14,197,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manigault View Post
Ron Paul has the most support of minorities among the GOP wannabees? That's like picking the toughest smurf! What difference will it make?
Well Ron Paul doesn't yet have the support of one of the greatest GOP wannabee's yet, Hillary Clinton. If Paul can just pick up her endorsement, then all will be right as rain.

For a fella who don't have a chance in the world, people sure do spend a great deal of their personal time reiterating this. I wonder if the Hollow Earth Society gets this much attention?

Old 11-21-2007, 01:53 PM

8,425 posts, read 12,191,017 times
Don't you folks see? Posters here are trying to keep up a Ron Paul buzz hoping it will morph into some type of momentum for him. Its not gonna happen.

Old 11-21-2007, 03:10 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,197,413 times
Quote:
Don't you folks see? Posters here are trying to keep up a Ron Paul buzz hoping it will morph into some type of momentum for him. Its not gonna happen.
You are right, no one supports him. The increasing millions of dollars are all because of me and me alone. I take full credit for being the only Ron Paul supporter in America. I admit it, it is me and my many disguises that went to all of these following, in person, straw polls and voted over and over again.

Ron Paul 2008 › Straw Poll Results

It is all because of my sole efforts to spam every website on the net, to have my bot army of imaginary people write the countless articles and vote in endless polls across the whole of the internet. I confess that it was me, the sole Ron Paul supporter that is cheering at every debate, every rally and every meeting. Yes indeed, it is me that has placed all those signs that number in the millions like grass on a prairie, and all those bumper stickers at night when people sleep. I must however give credit to my reindeer for helping me get some of this work done. Too bad they can't vote.

I need to catch a nap, it has been a busy day.

Old 11-21-2007, 05:02 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,864,594 times
Quote:
Don't you see, its people who are afraid their candidate won't win that post these kind of statements...

Old 11-21-2007, 05:25 PM

5,407 posts, read 7,796,722 times
The part about your post I like is the part that shows half of the troops back a candidate that wants to withdraw immediately. I think people get the impression sometimes that the troops are little robotic Republican droids, when this proves this is not the case.

I think it is about 26% Paul, 24% Obama that the troops favor most. I don't agree with all of Paul's positions and probably would not vote for him, but he is sincere and that is refreshing. The fact he can drum up this level of support outside of the political machine is pretty impressive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections