Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2013, 05:34 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,649,010 times

Advertisements

Here's a challenge for the conservatives. Name one liberal politician you'd vote for. And likewise, for the liberals, name a conservative you'd vote for. Please don't bother responding if your answer is NO ONE!!!!

I'll go first. I'm a liberal, but I'd probably vote for Chris Christie. I appreciate his blunt pragmatism, and I find it refreshing that a politician isn't afraid to speak his mind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2013, 05:40 PM

26,507 posts, read 15,084,039 times
I am really an independent, but voted for McCain and Romney

In 2008 I would have voted for Hillary...I don't think I would in 2016 -- unless the Republicans run someone I strongly disagree with.

I voted for some Republicans and Democrats at the state level as per usual.

Old 12-02-2013, 05:47 PM

904 posts, read 687,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
Here's a challenge for the conservatives. Name one liberal politician you'd vote for. And likewise, for the liberals, name a conservative you'd vote for. Please don't bother responding if your answer is NO ONE!!!!

I'll go first. I'm a liberal, but I'd probably vote for Chris Christie. I appreciate his blunt pragmatism, and I find it refreshing that a politician isn't afraid to speak his mind.
None that are in the spotlight. None are worthy. Both parties suck off the Fed tit.

Old 12-02-2013, 05:52 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,877,697 times
Isn't your question more what Democrat or Republican one would vote for since both parties have degrees that struggle each election. For example when Obama and left won nomination they also took control of the party from Clinton faction who where right of center within the party. But I see no candidate who I would vote for as clearly even Hillary is left her husband. Its the platform that sets the agenda of a candidate and he/she only sees what is passed to his/her desk to sign. Much of the rest is only temporary power easily changed as it is to put in place.

Old 12-02-2013, 07:25 PM

525 posts, read 508,805 times
I'm a left leaning moderate, but I could definitely get behind Jon Huntsman.

Old 12-03-2013, 05:23 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,772,037 times
I am a right winger on some issues and middle of the road on others: For Pres, with the names that we are hearing now: I would not vote for any Democrat, but for governor of our state in 2014, I am thinking about voting Democrat. In the past, I have voted for Democrats many times in state elections and for senator and house reps.

Old 12-03-2013, 07:17 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,876,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZcardinal402 View Post
I'm a left leaning moderate, but I could definitely get behind Jon Huntsman.
I could get behind Huntsman too, but "real" Republicans consider him a RINO.

Old 12-03-2013, 11:52 AM

1,748 posts, read 2,084,411 times
There are not too many Democrats I could bring myself to vote for anymore. While some start out looking ok on the surface, they seem to dip too far into the liberal agenda for my liking.

I will say, however, that I voted for Cuomo the last NYS Guv election, mainly because I was not satisfied with the tea party candidate running against him. I would NOT, however, vote for him again after seeing him in action.

Old 12-03-2013, 05:22 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,366,997 times
I am still trying to figure out the appeal of Huntsman to lefties. Supposedly he had a pretty conservative record as Utah Gov. Pro-gun, anti-tax, pro-life, etc. The only real negative thing I ever saw about him was that he jettisoned support for school vouchers under pressure from the teachers' union. What is the appeal?

I sometimes find myself cheering for an ACLU Democrat on issues like free speech, civil rights, etc. Like a Nat Hentoff or somebody of that ilk. But they are becoming fewer and further between as the nanny state blossoms.

I have voted for Democrats at the state level. In some cases it was a conservative Dem, in others I was not persuaded of the GOP candidate's basic competence.

Old 12-03-2013, 05:45 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,942,602 times
I consider myself a Republican but I'm thinking of registering as an Independent., but I'll say for the Democrats it'd have to be Hillary for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOBama View Post
None that are in the spotlight. None are worthy. Both parties suck off the Fed tit.
did you read the part where he said id your answer is no one, don't bother replying?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections