Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2014, 01:10 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
There is no evidence President Obama took part in the IRS either, yet here we are. But I see your point.

However, i disagree on the justification, You seem to be arguing that " he did it, so its ok", they may only be a perception and not reality, but its what I see based on your comments. I tend not to try to equate one action to another when i think something is wrong.
I never came close to suggesting its ok, I'm asking why, even if Chritie knew what was taking place, or even ordered it himself, (and there is no evidence that he did), why that would make him people say he's unelectable by the very same people who say Clinton is a shoein, given all of the issues facing her.
Quote:
Again, you may honestly think that, but that is not how you and other conservative commentors read. The only other argument you could be trying to put forward is that the cover up is worse than the action it self, but that wouldnt even make sense seeing as no one tried to cover up how they died or who killed them. The only thing that changed between day 1 and Day 3 was why the attack itself happened.
The argue that it was a video that caused the attack was put forth by Democrats, and that came AFTER the attack. To suggest that Republicans said the "lie" caused the attack is ridiculous, considering it came in AFTER the actual event.

How can someone with a straight face suggest the lie about the attack, actually caused an attack, considering the lie didnt come until after the attack?
Quote:
Not a single Republican/Conservative group was denied a status, only a Progressive group was.
They were delayed for years, and you know it. Thats like suggesting its ok to deny people a photo ID, until after an election takes place.
Quote:
Which has nothing to do with my quote. I simply said it was political retribution which is what you claim the IRS scandal was, does it matter if Christie himself was involved ????
Of course it does if you are going to suggest he's responsible.

if the IRS scandal cant be blamed on Obama because he didnt know, then the bridge closure cant be blamed on Christie if he didnt know. You cant hold different standards.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2014, 01:19 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,261,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
4 people who worked in a dangerous place were killed. That`s Benghazi. You didn`t see the report? They`ve been throwing crap at this woman for 20 years and it`s only made her stronger.
When will the investigations begin for the 11 attacks and 53 killed at our diplomatic outposts during Gomer`s 8 years?
Not to mention 283 marines killed in their own barracks under Reagan's watch due to lack of security, or 9/11 after the admin ignored terrorist warnings. I think members of the far right wing have to swear an oath of hypocrisy if they want to be accepted by their party. Hillary Clinton was an excellent Secretary of State and is very popular. Obviously this scares the RWNJs, and since this is the only issue they can go for--it is overkill.

As far as Christie under attack, there are as many republicans criticizing him as dems--Lindsey Graham, Rand Paul, Tom Kean. I would think it would bother conservatives more that he is being attacked by conservatives. Besides, don't presidential candidates run on their merits, not their scandals? In 3 years, none of these "scandals" will be an election issue (unless further unforeseen events occur).

Old 01-18-2014, 01:40 PM

1,743 posts, read 1,658,721 times
Let's not forget Corizine that thief that screwed people for money and Mcgreevy using tax payers money to parade around his gay lover.. meanwhile a small traffic jam is the end of the world lol you people are pathetic.

Old 01-18-2014, 01:45 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,545,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
4 days of gridlock and the governor never thought to ask his aides what was going on? Do you believe he never had a clue about it and was not involved in it in any way? Who really looks like a complete fool here?
7 hours the President is missing while the Lybian Embassy was under attack!! The next morning he is campaigning in Las Vegas!!!!!!!!!!

HE HAS YET TO ANSWER THE QUESTION AS TO WHERE HE WAS!!!!

Old 01-18-2014, 01:47 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 23 days ago)

29,556 posts, read 16,542,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I never came close to suggesting its ok, I'm asking why, even if Chritie knew what was taking place, or even ordered it himself, (and there is no evidence that he did), why that would make him people say he's unelectable by the very same people who say Clinton is a shoein, given all of the issues facing her.
Because as far as we know, Hillary never nor her staff ever ordered political retribution on Republicans.

Quote:
The argue that it was a video that caused the attack was put forth by Democrats, and that came AFTER the attack. To suggest that Republicans said the "lie" caused the attack is ridiculous, considering it came in AFTER the actual event.

How can someone with a straight face suggest the lie about the attack, actually caused an attack, considering the lie didnt come until after the attack?
My honest opinion is that half the people who comment on Benghazi have no idea what happened that night, no idea of the time line.

It honestly sounds like many of you are blaming the "lie about the video" as the reason for Benghazi because it is the only thing you talk about.

Again, the only other explanation is a " cover up is worse than the crime", but no one covered up anything. No one claimed the ambassador died in a car crash or anything like that.

And the frequent post of "What does it matter" backs up that statement that people seem to not even know what they are talking about.

I have asked multiple posters to explain what they actually disagree with about her statement that day and none of them respond.

Quote:
They were delayed for years, and you know it. Thats like suggesting its ok to deny people a photo ID, until after an election takes place.
They werent delayed for years, again, this has been discussed to death. And again,they went after groups from both sides. That is a fact, not an opinion and the only way your argument makes sense is to completely ignore that fact.

Quote:
Of course it does if you are going to suggest he's responsible.

if the IRS scandal cant be blamed on Obama because he didnt know, then the bridge closure cant be blamed on Christie if he didnt know. You cant hold different standards.

There is no different standard, you are simply misunderstanding my argument.

I am simply saying that political retribution is political retribution no matter who ordered it to happen.

If your problem with the IRS is that you believe it was political retribution and you are outraged by it, then you should be equally as outraged by political retribution by Republicans.

Old 01-18-2014, 03:07 PM

5,725 posts, read 11,717,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
But somehow, Democrats are suggesting that Clinton, who has been involved in cover ups, lies, dishonesty, and other various scandals, is supposibly unbeatable?

Democrats please explain to me why shutting a bridge is a far greater issue than many of the other problems Clinton has been involved in..

Why dont you care about the Clinton scandals, but shutting down a bridge (where there actually is no evidence he had anything to do with) makes him unelectable..
No, Christie is unelectable because Republic primary opponents are going to carve him up. Christie's act won't play well with lots of primary voters.

Old 01-18-2014, 03:12 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,534,911 times
It shows the citizens are the last damn thing he cares about. He sees them as subjects to be screwed with for his personal enjoyment.

Old 01-18-2014, 04:08 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Democrats are such silly creatures. They latch onto the dumbest things and try to act like big dogs with fresh bones. They bang around, crashing into each other, and making complete fools of themselves.

And they never learn.

Christie probably isn't electable. Bridges have nothing to do with it.
Why would you believe that when a sitting POTUS who led us into a costly, unnecessary war of choice having no benefit to the US was reelectable?

Republicans are such silly creatures.

Hell, I'd vote for Christie IF he ran as an Independent, I just wouldn't if he embraced the GOP party line of BS.

Old 01-18-2014, 04:21 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
Because as far as we know, Hillary never nor her staff ever ordered political retribution on Republicans.

My honest opinion is that half the people who comment on Benghazi have no idea what happened that night, no idea of the time line.

It honestly sounds like many of you are blaming the "lie about the video" as the reason for Benghazi because it is the only thing you talk about.

Again, the only other explanation is a " cover up is worse than the crime", but no one covered up anything. No one claimed the ambassador died in a car crash or anything like that.

And the frequent post of "What does it matter" backs up that statement that people seem to not even know what they are talking about.

I have asked multiple posters to explain what they actually disagree with about her statement that day and none of them respond.

They werent delayed for years, again, this has been discussed to death. And again,they went after groups from both sides. That is a fact, not an opinion and the only way your argument makes sense is to completely ignore that fact.

There is no different standard, you are simply misunderstanding my argument.

I am simply saying that political retribution is political retribution no matter who ordered it to happen.

If your problem with the IRS is that you believe it was political retribution and you are outraged by it, then you should be equally as outraged by political retribution by Republicans.
Exactly. The right has been howling for months and months about the IRS scandal, but want to pretend that the governor's hands are clean in this little debacle.

Old 01-18-2014, 05:00 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,458,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Not to mention 283 marines killed in their own barracks under Reagan's watch due to lack of security, or 9/11 after the admin ignored terrorist warnings. I think members of the far right wing have to swear an oath of hypocrisy if they want to be accepted by their party. Hillary Clinton was an excellent Secretary of State and is very popular. Obviously this scares the RWNJs, and since this is the only issue they can go for--it is overkill.

As far as Christie under attack, there are as many republicans criticizing him as dems--Lindsey Graham, Rand Paul, Tom Kean. I would think it would bother conservatives more that he is being attacked by conservatives. Besides, don't presidential candidates run on their merits, not their scandals? In 3 years, none of these "scandals" will be an election issue (unless further unforeseen events occur).

So now Christie is getting bashed with a Kean. Sounds painful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections