Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2014, 11:52 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 22 days ago)

29,552 posts, read 16,539,320 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
Living in Maricopa County Arizona Sherriff Joe has done a Great Job and I approve of his Law Enforcement and keeping Arizona Safe. His office has enforced Laws that other local Departments (Tempe and City of Phoenix) is will to overlook.

As far as Governor I think he would not make a good fit. Jan Brewer has stood up to the Feds and as a former Arizonian we survived the Obama Recession.

I am thinking of perhaps JD Hayworth. Some that is not afraid and he young enough to serve with out issue.He is a principled Conservative and will continue the Success Story of Arizona.

For the Record I would return to Arizona!

You mean the Recession that started a full year and 2 months before President Obama ever took office and ended 6 months into his Presidency ???

how exactly can it be his recession ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2014, 09:50 PM

2,171 posts, read 1,459,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
Having lived and worked for a while in Arizona, I happen to like that old boy. Some bleeding heart types cry that he is abusive to prisoners, that his tactics are unfair. Hate to say it, but most of the people in his prison farm chose to be there.
i agree. people outside of az just need to shut up they don't know what they are talking about

Old 02-17-2014, 10:36 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,209,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CinSonic View Post
i agree. people outside of az just need to shut up they don't know what they are talking about
You know, people would shut up if he did too. But since he chose to make a spectacle of himself everyone in the world is free to comment.

Old 03-04-2014, 10:02 PM

6,820 posts, read 14,034,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
You mean the Recession that started a full year and 2 months before President Obama ever took office and ended 6 months into his Presidency ???

how exactly can it be his recession ?

Yeah some of these threads are pure comedy.

Reggie

Old 06-05-2014, 12:39 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,361,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Arpaio says he is running for Governor every election season. Sometimes he talks about the Senate too. He won't.
I seriously doubt the citizens of Arizona would elect him if he ever did run. Maricopa county likes Joe just enough to keep him in the Sheriff's office, but he's not so popular in other areas of the state.

And he's 81 years old! Is there any Governor that old in office? I don't think so. I also doubt very much any individual that old would ever be elected to a first term as Governor. Gov. Jan Brewer is 69 in comparison.

As far as I know, Arizona does not have a Lt. Governor. If Arpio was to die in office, the job would go to the Arizona Sec. of State. Since this position is up for election this year, Arizona could elect a Democrat, as the current Secretary is thinking of running for Governor. Jan Brewer is term limited.

Old 06-06-2014, 05:03 PM

1,696 posts, read 1,714,640 times
All the lawsuits arising out of Arapaio's mistreatment of prisoners and civil rights violations will cost Maricopa County $44 Million dollars. That's a lot of cash that could have been spent on improving the county if it weren't for their love affair with this clown.

Maricopa County infighting, lawsuits cost taxpayers $44.4 million

Old 06-08-2014, 02:18 AM

34,278 posts, read 19,368,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fancy-Schmancy View Post
All the lawsuits arising out of Arapaio's mistreatment of prisoners and civil rights violations will cost Maricopa County $44 Million dollars. That's a lot of cash that could have been spent on improving the county if it weren't for their love affair with this clown.

Maricopa County infighting, lawsuits cost taxpayers $44.4 million
And more lawsuits will continue in the future. Seriously the guys a menace. But he has realized that if you're popular enough you can do anything, no matter how wrong. If only the people electing him started realizing how much money he costs them...

That being said, he could have a shot at the governor job, maricopa county has the majority of the state population, and they keep electing him.

And maybe he thinks if he did it he could dodge some lawsuits....

The dudes 81? Probably plans on dying in office as otherwise he will spend his lifetime in court or jail, least in office he can affect things coming at him.

Old 06-08-2014, 12:18 PM

26,569 posts, read 14,441,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
If only the people electing him started realizing how much money he costs them...
i'd hope that arpaio giving $200,000 to a well documented con-man for the birther investigation would raise some outrage among the maricopa county tax payers but........ it has yet to be the case. maybe in time.

Old 06-08-2014, 01:00 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CinSonic View Post
you know what: this is a public forum and we have every right to voice our opinions, plus has it ever dawned on you, some may not live there now, but did a few years ago or may have good friends and family living there. Do you feel the same way about people from UK and Canada who post on these boards? Should they keep their mouths shut about or politics? That being said, if I lived in AZ and he did run, total nut or not, I might be inclined to vote for him. But he isn't running, I don't live there and that should be the end of this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections