Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2014, 10:48 PM

13,560 posts, read 10,408,850 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
And if Ron Paul were around then he may have voted against that too. So what's your point? oh thats right you don't have one

yes it does, it says I refuse to spend other peoples money recklessly. Who are you to say lets steal we the peoples money because its about a cause YOU believe in. Good ole force and coercion to get your way. Nothing in the Constitution gives Congress the authority to do it.
I will however voluntarily support the civil disobedience like we the people used in reversing governments Jim Crow laws.

btw When Ron Paul said instead of taking the peoples money for a Congressional Medal of Honor for Rosa Parks how about members of Congress pony up and chip in themselves. Just like you, they didn't walk the walk and no one took him up on it.
Nope, my point is that you don't have to have worked or represented the government to have a national holiday, if one's accomplishments or impact merits that. And if Ron Paul thinks like that, that sounds really narrow minded if a national holiday always has to be thought first and foremost in terms of dollars and cents. In a way, it's a nice dodge to oppose anything on civil rights with a "economic argument".

Anyway, Ron Paul isn't known to be enlightened on racial issues. You don't remember the flap about his newsletter back awhile ago?

Ron Paul and the racist newsletters (Fact Checker biography) - The Washington Post
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2014, 11:15 PM

1,509 posts, read 1,803,364 times
If Ron Paul can't even manage his own newsletter, how can he govern?

He can't.

He's strictly a backbencher gadfly, never won any statewide nomination, never governed anything, and he brought home enough pork (earmarks) while condemning others for doing the same.

Too bad he's such an incompetent hypocrite, because I agree with so many of his positions.

I haven't given up on Rand yet, he might actually accomplish something (unlike Dr. No).

Old 02-06-2014, 11:15 PM

29,235 posts, read 22,506,841 times
Quote:
You mean the only candidate who correctly predicted the economic crash and told us the reasons why? You mean the only candidate who correctly predicted a 9/11 type attack because of our foreign policy?
He's not the flake here.
Truth is treason in an empire of lies.
Paul was not the only one who predicted both. There were many alarm bells ringing full blast on either event in all kinds of places long before either happened.

Voters don't want prophets for Presidents anyway. They want leaders, and Paul was far too content for far too long being a back-bencher in the House, where he was out of step with his party's leadership as well.

I didn't dislike the guy. I just thought that we didn't need a 19th century President in the 21st century. Apparently, the voters thought the same way too, or Paul would have made more headway.

But then, prophecy has never been a big popularity winner. Nobody likes a Told-You-So. It is to his credit that he didn't indulge in that during his last hurrah, but his supporters didn't help him any by doing it.

Old 02-07-2014, 02:47 AM

37,963 posts, read 17,956,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
Nope, my point is that you don't have to have worked or represented the government to have a national holiday, if one's accomplishments or impact merits that. And if Ron Paul thinks like that, that sounds really narrow minded if a national holiday always has to be thought first and foremost in terms of dollars and cents. In a way, it's a nice dodge to oppose anything on civil rights with a "economic argument".
It's narrow minded of you to think we the people should pay for something that Congress doesn't have the authority to do. In a way, it's a nice dodge on your part to ignore those well intentioned congress people having no problem spending we the peoples money yet wont spend their own.
In what way IS congress supposed to look at things if not economically? I really hope you don't go down the path of its a moral thing to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
Anyway, Ron Paul isn't known to be enlightened on racial issues. You don't remember the flap about his newsletter back awhile ago?
Ron Paul and the racist newsletters (Fact Checker biography) - The Washington Post
LMAO Gee I didn't see that coming. When you nothing to back up your absurd allegations play the race card instead.
Please show proof Ron Paul wrote those newsletters. You can't because he didn't. The author has already been exposed but since you are not interested in the truth you wont go any further than scratching the surface if that far.

Please ignore all the facts like you've done in this thread. Again who was the only candidate in the last election who wanted the war on drugs stopped because it unfairly penalizes minorities? Of course let us ignore the fact that the head of the NAACP in Austin, Linder stood up for the truth when he said Ron Paul isn't racist. Whatever you do, do not respond to those truths. Continue to ignore, deny, and deflect because after all appearing right is much more important than looking for the truth.

Old 02-07-2014, 03:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Paul was not the only one who predicted both. There were many alarm bells ringing full blast on either event in all kinds of places long before either happened.
I was speaking of those who ran for President. There was no other candidate who said those things were going to happen. Not one. If you can, name that candidate and provide links please.

Quote:
Voters don't want prophets for Presidents anyway. They want leaders, and Paul was far too content for far too long being a back-bencher in the House, where he was out of step with his party's leadership as well.
Do you know how dumb that sounds? Of course they want prophets who tell us don't bypass the free market in housing because it spells economic doom. We want policies that work, not theories that might work.
You got that right about not being in step with his parties progressives.

Quote:
I didn't dislike the guy. I just thought that we didn't need a 19th century President in the 21st century. Apparently, the voters thought the same way too, or Paul would have made more headway.
sigh.... you sound like a talking head here.
banjomike you have nothing to back up this 19th century rubbish. The funny thing is you want to go further back in time, to an oligarchy, to a king and his court, to rule us which was the reason we the people fought a revolution.

Quote:
But then, prophecy has never been a big popularity winner. Nobody likes a Told-You-So.
Of course we the people do. So you want candidates to make campaign promises and then not be able to deliver?

Quote:
It is to his credit that he didn't indulge in that during his last hurrah, but his supporters didn't help him any by doing it.
It's always about policy. Sooner or later you need to learn that. But because his supporters handed it to you with the truth you're upset. and

Learn from your mistakes and quit repeating them. It doesn't matter which party is growing government, the one size fits all doesn't work in the long run.

Last edited by Loveshiscountry; 02-07-2014 at 03:14 AM..

Old 02-07-2014, 03:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuteTheMall View Post
If Ron Paul can't even manage his own newsletter, how can he govern?

He can't.
It wasn't his newsletter, He had nothing to do with the day to day operations of the newsletter. He had his obgyn practice and wrote economic articles from time to time.

Quote:
He's strictly a backbencher gadfly, never won any statewide nomination, never governed anything, and he brought home enough pork (earmarks) while condemning others for doing the same.
gee a dishonest statement from someone who doesn't look for the truth go figure. Show proof he condemns earmarks.

Quote:
Too bad he's such an incompetent hypocrite
he's not the incompetent hypocrite here
Quote:
because I agree with so many of his positions.
How can you when you don't understand them? Your post is proof you haven't followed him closely if at all.
Quote:
I haven't given up on Rand yet, he might actually accomplish something (unlike Dr. No).
How can you not know they agree over 90 percent of the time. Yea that's such a different person.

Old 02-07-2014, 06:04 AM

608 posts, read 484,196 times
When the herd is all running towards a cliff,the one running in the opposite direction seems crazy.

That fits Dr Paul 100%. Fits me as well and fits many of his followers even though I don't agree with him on most economic issues I respect the man for standing on principles and never backing down.He was certainly one of a kind and a statesman.

Old 02-07-2014, 09:11 AM

1,509 posts, read 1,803,364 times
Quote:
It wasn't his newsletter, He had nothing to do with the day to day operations of the newsletter. He had his obgyn practice and wrote economic articles from time to time..
That's like claiming that Obama should not be blamed for Obamacare, because he delegates tasks.
Also, I doubt that either Hitler or Charles Manson ever personally killed anyone.
But a competent person would at least read his own newsletter.
Dr. Ron Paul's Freedom Report
Ron Paul & Associates (Himself, his wife, his daughter, and Lew Rockwell) published The Ron Paul Investment Letter, The Ron Paul Survival Report, and The Ron Paul Political Report

And he earned nearly a million dollars per year just from his RP&A efforts; what kind of politician loses track of a million dollars?

Quote:
How can you when you don't understand them? Your post is proof you haven't followed him closely if at all.
How can you not know they agree over 90 percent of the time. Yea that's such a different person
I never said I disagreed with his positions, did I?
As I clearly stated, I agree with many of his positions.
But you haven't proven your gratuitous assertion that Ron and Rand agree over 90 percent of the time.

Ron Paul is dishonest. And in fact he did publish those newsletters. And everybody knows it. Including Dr. No.

Old 02-07-2014, 09:35 AM

1,743 posts, read 1,663,618 times
Ron would of been great for this country , too bad those blind and deaf people dont and wont see it due to their ignorance. Yeah he might of had some wild ideas but he knew what he was talking about , and when a man knows and speaks the truth then the media and government will be sure to make his life hell running for president.

If people actually took the time to listen to some of the things he would say that would help but its pathetic how ignorant people are to stand up on whatever political side they pick and dismiss everything else.

Old 02-07-2014, 10:48 AM

9,000 posts, read 10,214,832 times
Well I never believed Ron Paul
was ever racist....only the masses buy into those kind of smear campaigns.
We all knew the media had an agenda; most Americans are just following whatever the media tells them to do.
Ugh. It's not gonna change, either.
Next election, I don't even care who runs.....it's just like that song by the Who.....
Won't get fooled again.
"Meet the new boss...same as the old boss"

I absolutely loved Ron Paul & everything he stood for.
And to think in this very thread-some are still insisting that he was racist, it's just downright ignorant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections