Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2014, 04:43 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,858,215 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
There won't be any need, as he's not a serious contender.
True... I don't think the Dems are going to be Cruz's problem ...

Kim Strassel: Another Misguided Cruz Missile - WSJ.com

Old 02-21-2014, 05:42 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,874,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MORebelWoman View Post
Or any Democrat, for that matter.
What do you feel Democrats have not given you a straight answer on in this matter? That the State of Hawaii has not verified the president's birth records? Oh, wait, they have.

So do you believe the State of Hawaii is lying (i.e., are you a birther)? If so, then yes, my previous comment applies to you. If not, what are you blathering about?

Old 02-21-2014, 08:30 AM

26,578 posts, read 14,449,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
What do you feel Democrats have not given you a straight answer on in this matter? That the State of Hawaii has not verified the president's birth records? Oh, wait, they have.
not to mention the fact that verification has come from both republican and democratic state administrations.

Old 02-21-2014, 09:46 AM

we may have a democrat rep going birther on cruz:

Dem congressman plays ‘birther’ card on Cruz

"Since Ted Cruz is a Canadian and our Constitution requires an American to win, I’m pretty sure it’s not going to be Ted Cruz"

- Rep. Alan Grayson, D-Fla

hard to tell if grayson is being serious or just being snarky and jumping at a chance for a cheap shot at cruz, the guy has a creepy deadpan delivery on everything ( i also don't believe the congressman is being literal when he says that cruz is trying to "hasten the apocalypse" ). it would be nice if someone would ask the congressman directly to clarify his position.

what i do find comedy in is the fact that WND, the headquarters for birtherism for the majority of these past 5years, is playing up this story. i found this part particularly hillarious:

"WND Founder and longtime news executive Joseph Farah, whose news organization has covered the dispute about Obama’s eligibility, said in a column he was amazed that Democrats have raise the issue regarding Cruz.

“I pointed out … that the media are on a campaign to ensure Sen. Ted Cruz never gets a chance to run for president. Why? Because, they claim or infer, he’s ineligible under the constitutional requirement to be a ‘natural born citizen,’” Farah wrote."

what farah intentionally or obliviously omitted was the fact that media "campaign" actually says cruz IS eligible. see:

WND Complains About "Birthers"

Old 02-21-2014, 10:26 AM

13,561 posts, read 10,359,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
not to mention the fact that verification has come from both republican and democratic state administrations.
Yes. Additionally, Hawaii Governor Lingle (a Republican) got sick and tired of all the nonsense, and signed a law allowing the state of Hawaii to ignore repeated requests for Obama's birth certificate.

Old 02-21-2014, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
WND Founder and longtime news executive Joseph Farah,.....
i also found this part of the WND article worthy of noting:

"Farah noted there are more unanswered questions about Obama:

Did he give up his status as an American citizen when he moved to Indonesia with his family? The U.S. government gave his mother specific instructions about how to protect her son’s basic citizenship while living in Indonesia. She was advised to homeschool him rather than enroll him in an Indonesian school. Did she listen? No."

there is nothing that a parent, school or any third party can do to affect a child's US citizenship status ( and a 6-10 year old can not renounce their own US citizenship ). farah is either intentionally lying here or he's gone off the deep end and is actually believing his own made-up BS fairy-tales.

Last edited by wrecking ball; 02-21-2014 at 10:43 AM..

Old 02-21-2014, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
Yes. Additionally, Hawaii Governor Lingle (a Republican) .....
..... who supported the mccain campaign and was a contender for VP pick.

Old 02-23-2014, 12:48 AM

5,719 posts, read 6,448,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
I think they probably will. I was talking to a friend of mine who is a far-left liberal, and mentioned that I was leaning towards Ted Cruz 2016. "You know that he's a Canadian," came the response, followed by a litany of reasons why Cruz could not run for POTUS.

According to the left-leaning Politifact:
Is Ted Cruz, born in Canada, eligible to run for president? | PolitiFact

Will that stop the left from going full-birther in 2016? I doubt it. If Cruz does run, which I hope he does, it's going to make the birtherism of WND, Trump, etc look like a play toy. We're going to get birtherism from NBC, ABC, CBS, and the NYT. We're going to get birtherism espoused by the Katie Courics, the Charlie Gibsons, and the elite of the elites.
No. Cruz would quickly bury himself if he ran. There would be no need.

Old 02-23-2014, 07:43 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,187,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
I think they probably will. I was talking to a friend of mine who is a far-left liberal, and mentioned that I was leaning towards Ted Cruz 2016. "You know that he's a Canadian," came the response, followed by a litany of reasons why Cruz could not run for POTUS.

According to the left-leaning Politifact:
Is Ted Cruz, born in Canada, eligible to run for president? | PolitiFact

Will that stop the left from going full-birther in 2016? I doubt it. If Cruz does run, which I hope he does, it's going to make the birtherism of WND, Trump, etc look like a play toy. We're going to get birtherism from NBC, ABC, CBS, and the NYT. We're going to get birtherism espoused by the Katie Courics, the Charlie Gibsons, and the elite of the elites.
I doubt it, but I am sure many of us would call the birthers from the past two terms for Obama hypocrites for going after Obama and not Cruz, but in reality if the Republicans are stupid enough to nominate Cruz for their presidential candidate, it will be an easy landslide win for the Democrats.

Old 02-23-2014, 08:00 AM

8,061 posts, read 4,886,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Seems to me President Obama showed his long and short forms of his Hawaiian birth certificate and his birth was announced in two local newspapers,Why do you feel this isnt good enough to prove where he was born?
IMO the question as to the whereabouts and legalization of his birth certificate came strictly from deluded RWNJs/read poor losers who to this day still think there is a coverup or conspiracy on the issue with absolutely not a shred of evidence to back up their allegations which they've been obsessing over for 5-6 years now,, people like birthers will go to their graves hating Obama and thinking he was born in Kenya.
whatreallyhappened.com: OBAMA'S BIRTH ANNOUNCEMENTS

I do think Obama and his council are hiding something, because there is just too much information saying there is information that has been confirm that says the contrary.. This administration has been the most corrupt since our boy " Tricky Dick" Richard Nixon.

That being said, his corruption by the left has been accepted Obama's concept " Ends justifies the means"

We may never know the truth of the whole issue. History will tell.

Ted Cruz more than a single issue public servant. Lower taxes and reformed tax system. He is a US Constitutional thinking and he believes in the separate branches of Gov.

He actually sued GW Bush for forcing Texas to obey the world court. His polices reflect a strong America.

This single issue that the left tries to promote is just anther tactic to destroy the person.

Shame on you guys! Stop being Single thinking. We have issues and must pull together as a country despite our obvious differences. Believe it not we are closer than you think!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections