Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2014, 12:55 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,271,173 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
I think Sink may well be on the ticket this Nov. Perhaps a few more Dems will come out to vote then.
Perhaps Sink can explain to the citizens why SHE would be the lone Democrat that will "FIX" ObamaCare - we don't know what the GOP might do if given the chance, we DO KNOW that the Democrats just bow down to the orders of Harry Reid, Nancy Pelosi and the O-Team and don't give a flip about their constituents. The polls have never shown that ObamaCare was popular and they get worse all the time. This is hurting real people now in real time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2014, 12:59 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 24 days ago)

29,560 posts, read 16,548,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Well unfortunately you are correct. If any politician is willing take a political risk and there is a goal you must make some sort of impact or point. The Republican hold outs did not get a thing. The republicans did not have the votes and or resources to defend against and defund AHA.

Obama's AHA was not on the table and perhaps would of never been on the Table with Reid's Control in the Senate and the Veto effect of the President.

That being said the Republicans were right, because the roll out was very poorly executed. and the cost is much higher than the Dem's estimated when they wrote the bill. If the roll was before the budget we could be singing a different tune.

But I still admire the spunk in standing your ground!
Still not seeing your argument, Republicans werent right. You are arguing that the roll out was bad which has nothing to do with whether the law works or not.

I have not see a single economist argue that the law wont work if people sign up. The debate has been over ideology for the most part, and Republicans have done a great job of fear mongering people into not signing up.

Same goes with your rollout argument, that has nothing to do with whether or not the law works, and the website has been fixed.

Old 03-12-2014, 01:00 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,886,902 times
Default This business of the Fed Saving Money?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
This argument makes no sense, The ACA saves the government money, there for it is a more sound federal gov budget.

Your argument also makes no sense because shutting down the government didnt change anything. THey hurt the country and didnt even get what they wanted.
/////////////////////

Are Kidding?

The CBO has already issue reports that the AHA is a Train Wreck and there is no foreseeable savings and is equally risky to the insurance companies. The net result for the consumer is less coverage at higher Price.

No More , No less!

AHA did not achieve the most basic principle of this concept that has failed. No one actually thought out "What is the true cost of Health Care"??? Tort reform was never on the table and there should of been a longer evaluation of the whole plan before it was forced thru both houses of Congress and signed by the President!

Old 03-12-2014, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Still not seeing your argument, Republicans werent right. You are arguing that the roll out was bad which has nothing to do with whether the law works or not.

I have not see a single economist argue that the law wont work if people sign up. The debate has been over ideology for the most part, and Republicans have done a great job of fear mongering people into not signing up.

Same goes with your rollout argument, that has nothing to do with whether or not the law works, and the website has been fixed.
Since when?

Old 03-12-2014, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
Perhaps Sink can explain to the citizens why SHE would be the lone Democrat that will "FIX" ObamaCare - we don't know what the GOP might do if given the chance, we DO KNOW that the Democrats just bow down to the orders of Harry Reid, Nancy Pelosi and the O-Team and don't give a flip about their constituents. The polls have never shown that ObamaCare was popular and they get worse all the time. This is hurting real people now in real time.
The GOP has had 5 years to create an alternative and still havent even hinted at one, The answer to what they would do is nothing.

The Polls show that Obamacare has 3 factions, those who like it, those who dont, and those who want something better.

Those who dislike it have never outweighed those who do like it.

Old 03-12-2014, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Since when?
Since when ? LOL

Creepy Uncle Sam - Anti-Obamacare Ad - The Exam - Female Version - YouTube

fear mongering.

Old 03-12-2014, 01:11 PM

Quote:
/////////////////////

Are Kidding?

The CBO has already issue reports that the AHA is a Train Wreck and there is no foreseeable savings and is equally risky to the insurance companies. The net result for the consumer is less coverage at higher Price.

No More , No less!

AHA did not achieve the most basic principle of this concept that has failed. No one actually thought out "What is the true cost of Health Care"??? Tort reform was never on the table and there should of been a longer evaluation of the whole plan before it was forced thru both houses of Congress and signed by the President!
Please site where the CBO ever made any of those claims.

Old 03-12-2014, 01:18 PM

Quote:
I am in business and as a result my employee health care is up and we are getting far less for the money. Matter fact I had better insurance before the AHA" Obama Care"

Fear Monger , I think not. That is just way to defect the emptiness of the Obama Care and the administration not able to come up with a balance Budget.

For the record this was not the first time this has been done. Last time was the Clinton administration. The end result was the Republicans under Gingerrich had the contract with America and we had a Balance Budget with surplus. No thanks to Bill Clinton!

Old 03-12-2014, 01:23 PM

Quote:
I am in business and as a result my employee health care is up and we are getting far less for the money. Matter fact I had better insurance before the AHA" Obama Care"

Fear Monger , I think not. That is just way to defect the emptiness of the Obama Care and the administration not able to come up with a balance Budget.

For the record this was not the first time this has been done. Last time was the Clinton administration. The end result was the Republicans under Gingerrich had the contract with America and we had a Balance Budget with surplus. No thanks to Bill Clinton!
I dont know you, and have no way of confirming your personal story, however we do know the ones that have been researched and put in commercials are completely false. So yes, they are fear mongering.

Furthermore, the above commercial is not about price, its about government invading people's lives, thats fear mongering.

Now

1.None of Newt Gingrich budgets were balanced. They were close as in about 20 billion off if I remember correctly, but not balanced. ( 20 billion within the scope of trillions, is indeed close)

2. Republicans have controlled the House for 4 years and have not come close to putting forth a single budget that even has 500 billion in deficits, let alone balanced, so whats your excuse for that ?

3. The Deficit has gone down each year of the Obama Administration and again, the ACA saves money.

Old 03-12-2014, 03:17 PM

1,825 posts, read 1,419,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Let's put an end to your misinformation once and for all. It was not a 12-13 million dollar race. It was a 9.9 million dollar race with $5.4M spent on behalf of Alex Sink and $4.5M spent on behalf of David Jolly. Let's make one thing crystal clear: JOLLY DID NOT OUTSPEND SINK AS YOU ARE SUGGESTING.

[/i]

Link: First Thoughts: Personality vs. Politics in Florida Election - NBC News

Yet, despite the clear edge in fundraising, the fact that the Democrats got their preferred candidate with a cleared field, the fact that the Republicans did not recruit a top tier candidate and instead settled for a flawed lobbyist in Jolly, that BILL CLINTON and JOE BIDEN campaigned for Sink, the presence of a third party GOP spoiler, the Democrats STILL lost.
So you are saying that this http://www.ijreview.com/2014/03/1206...ces-alex-sink/ article you linked is wrong. Then why did you link it?
That is basically what I said but I guess in the math challenged minds of the right 5.4-4.5 = 3-1
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections