Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2014, 09:19 PM

31,962 posts, read 27,101,861 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
Hillary was elected to the Senate from New York, but don't let any facts get in your way. You're on a roll.
If there was any state carpet bagging HC could have won a senate seat it was New York. Voters here a long ago gave up requiring anything of substance from elected officials.

As one recalls the Clinton woman's first term was what it was; and she barely won re-election after again and again promising if sent back to Washington DC again she would serve out the entire term. Well that didn't last when the Clintons saw their chance in 2008 to win the WH. Sadly that AA senator got their first.

The Clintons are a grasping and scheming lot who could teach the Borgia family a thing or two.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2014, 09:37 PM

29,610 posts, read 16,600,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
You may not like Ed Klein but I'll take him and his connections over your claim of a rumor.

Of course my second response had to do with your statement, but you choose to claim it invalid because you consider Warren a valid candidate. It's a weak debating technique.
As for the bold, what connections ????? Have you seen Ed Klien's articles before this one, they all read like gossip column

As for your second post, Again, you were claiming that Democrats didnt have a unified consensus on Warren. A claim i never made. My post simply said what you see as week is not the same as what someone else sees as weak.

THat isnt a week debating technique, its just truth. people have different opinions of individuals you know ? Or did you really believe that since you thought someone was weak, that meant everyone had to agree with you ?

Old 07-07-2014, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I seriously doubt the truth behind the story. Would he back her over Hillary heck I don't know and it seems to be known that the Obama's and Clintons are not great friends but I doubt Ed Klien has privy to any such information and I doubt Elizabeth will even consider running.

I might like to think he would support her, that would probably be the nail in her coffin the way things are going, but it just doesn't seem likely.
The source for the bold is a previous Klein article, LOL.

Old 07-07-2014, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Well we might be able assess Klein in part by what happens in 2016. If Hillary runs, and Barack and Michelle are right there campaigning for her, we'll know that Klein was woefully wrong if not outright fabricating. If Barack and Michelle are nowhere to be found, then Klein called it.
Thats a correlation causation fallacy. there could be a million reasons why they arent on the campaign trail in 2016. Not being their doesnt prove Klein, right. the only thing that proves him right is him actually being right. one of the Obama's coming out and saying they dont support the Clintons.

Old 07-07-2014, 09:46 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,715,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
Elizabeth Warren would be a far better President than
Obama, Reid, Pelosi or Hillary.

LOL!

That's not saying much. That puts her in the Bush leagues.

Old 07-07-2014, 09:47 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,715,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
It only took George W. Bush a few years, so Obama's prospects are good.

What?! You would masturbate watching that?

Wouldn't you? LOL!

Old 07-08-2014, 12:31 AM

15,546 posts, read 10,535,536 times
"Obama Backing Elizabeth Warren Over Hillary Clinton?"

Elizabeth Warren makes Hillary look good, is this the plan? If not, kill me now.

Old 07-08-2014, 10:21 AM

1,509 posts, read 1,799,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
As for the bold, what connections ????? Have you seen Ed Klien's articles before this one, they all read like gossip column
Refute something. Anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
The source for the bold is a previous Klein article, LOL.
Nothing in Ed Klein's book has been refuted.

That's what drives his enemies crazy.

Watch for Obama's consigliere, Valerie Jarrett, to meet with Pocahantas instead of Hildebeast.

Old 07-09-2014, 10:21 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,209,486 times
Let's be real: hilary a more corporatist, centrist version of Obama. She got blindsided in 2008 because she didn't realize how liberal the base had become, whereas Obama (and Edwards) did. Now she's moving to the left on some issues, while staying in the middle on others. She's out here apologizing to Wall Street brokers and saying they've been demonized. That is pathetic pandering.

Old 07-15-2014, 09:31 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,765,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
Elizabeth Warren is a hard-working do it yourselfer who stands up
to the big money powerbrokers and cares about the little guy a
hell of a lot more than Hillary Clinton does.
Who rides on the backs of real American Indians.....supports the little guy? Like Obama has done? No thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections