Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2014, 01:00 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,872,800 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
What did I say with my first 7 words?
Which you follow up with being bothered "to see his opponent as someone that is so willing to be this kind of person" without acknowledging that McConnell is also "that kind of person."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2014, 01:03 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Which you follow up with being bothered "to see his opponent as someone that is so willing to be this kind of person" without acknowledging that McConnell is also "that kind of person."
I'm also not trying to defend McConnell am I? Do you have an opinion of the ad?

Old 07-09-2014, 01:05 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times
I am pretty sure all politicians call this "campaigning." Of course I am sure McConnell would never and has never lied about a political opponent.

Old 07-09-2014, 01:40 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,036,704 times
Oh well. The way McConnell ran against his primaryopponent, he deserves it. He's an establishment fraud. Screw him

Old 07-09-2014, 01:47 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,324,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
FACT CHECK: Shaky negative ad in Ky. Senate race

Should there be some sort of repercussion for inventing such lies wholesale to deceive the sheep into voting for you?

Grimes sits with retired coal miner Don Disney that says "I want to know how you (McConnell) could have voted to raise my Medicare costs by $6,000. How are my wife and I supposed to afford that?" Except, McConnell did no such thing.
Oh. I see. Only McConnell is allowed to lie.

Mitch McConnell Blatantly And Shamefully Lies About His Opposition to Violence Against Women Act | DSCC: Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee

Old 07-09-2014, 01:53 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Oh. I see. Only McConnell is allowed to lie.
What do you think about Lundergan's lies?

It's O.K. to call Obama a Kenyan because he lies also?

Old 07-09-2014, 02:28 PM

5,503 posts, read 7,333,723 times
I'm supporting democrat Alison Grimes against Mitch McConnell. I think the GOP can still win the senate without his seat. It is time to send a message to the RINO establishment that Tea Party conservatives have a place in this party and that there will be no GOP without us. After Mitch goes down the other red state RINOs will fall in line. What good would it do to win the senate and have this RINO as majority leader.
https://secure.actblue.com/contribut...efcode=general

Old 07-09-2014, 03:07 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikoshaprl View Post
I'm supporting democrat Alison Grimes against Mitch McConnell. I think the GOP can still win the senate without his seat. It is time to send a message to the RINO establishment that Tea Party conservatives have a place in this party and that there will be no GOP without us. After Mitch goes down the other red state RINOs will fall in line. What good would it do to win the senate and have this RINO as majority leader.
https://secure.actblue.com/contribut...efcode=general
The Tea Party totally needs to kick it up and push the Tea Party ideology as much as they can for this election season.

Old 07-09-2014, 03:17 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,261,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
You can not expect a democratic liberal to tell the truth
Lol--you mean Rick Scott is democratic liberal? Cause you should hear the lies his millions are buying.

Old 07-10-2014, 03:38 PM

11,988 posts, read 5,294,358 times
Anyone feeling sympathetic to Mitch McConnell because of attack ads used against him needs to research just how he was elected in the first place. In 1984, he was trailing incumbent Senator Dee Huddleston badly until Roger Ailes thought up an attack ad where a hound dog was hunting Huddleston because he was "missing key votes". (In actuality, in the 3 years prior to the election, Huddleston cast votes 94% of the time, which was one of the best attendance records in the Senate.) That slimy, unanswered attack ad, plus Reagan's landslide was enough to let Mitch slither to victory.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections