Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who would be the weakest Democratic candidate if Hillary doesn't run?
Vice President Joe Biden 5 31.25%
Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren 5 31.25%
Maryland Gov. Martin O'Malley 2 12.50%
Virginia Sen. Mark Warner 1 6.25%
Virginia Sen. Tim Kaine 2 12.50%
Former Vermont governor/2004 candidate Howard Dean 6 37.50%
New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo 3 18.75%
Minnesota Sen. Amy Kloubchar 1 6.25%
Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders 4 25.00%
Gen. Wesley Clark 3 18.75%
Missouri Gov. Jay Nixon 1 6.25%
Massachusetts Gov. Deval Patrick 1 6.25%
New Jersey Sen. Cory Booker 3 18.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2014, 06:03 PM

1,074 posts, read 951,494 times

Advertisements

If Hillary Clinton doesn't run in 2016, other than Joe Biden, who people think is a weak candidate, who would be the weakest Democratic candidate in 2016? Who would be attacked 24/7 in ads by Karl Rove? Who does Karl Rove want to be the Democratic nominee if Hillary doesn't run?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2014, 05:45 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,888,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bingo3000 View Post
If Hillary Clinton doesn't run in 2016, other than Joe Biden, who people think is a weak candidate, who would be the weakest Democratic candidate in 2016? Who would be attacked 24/7 in ads by Karl Rove? Who does Karl Rove want to be the Democratic nominee if Hillary doesn't run?
I don't really care who Karl wants, I just wish he would go away. I think he is our worst enemy and no oe realizes it. As for weak candidates, I would think Biden would be pretty easy to beat if we use our heads and pick a candidate that is a real Republican...Of course until we know who is running on the D side, it is hard to guess.

Old 07-26-2014, 07:09 AM

18,782 posts, read 17,385,739 times
I think any of them would be easily beatable, with the possible exception of Corey Booker. Andrew Cuomo, for example, would be dead in the water on the gun issue alone. If Hillary doesn't run, the Dems are going to have to look for someone analogous to Bill Clinton in 1992. Someone not on the radar who nonetheless has talent. What about Antonio Villaraigosa?

Old 07-26-2014, 09:36 AM

6,266 posts, read 5,080,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
As for weak candidates, I would think Biden would be pretty easy to beat if we use our heads and pick a candidate that is a real Republican...Of course until we know who is running on the D side, it is hard to guess.
There's a thread going on right now asking liberals on the board what Clinton stands for, and five page in nobody has been able to answer that question. Biden is a running gaffe-joke and he just needs to take his money and quietly ride off into the sunset after his current gig is done.

The fact that both Clinton and Biden instill little enthusiasm on the D side, and the fact that to this point there is little galvanized enthusiasm for anyone on the R side, is a little frustrating. It's early and I'm far-too-over-eager to see how this whole thing shapes up over the next year. I just want change (that I can believe in), but that may be too much to hope for.

In a country of 317 million you would think that we would be able to find two good people that could duke it out for the presidency. I hope that we can, but I fear that we can't.

Old 07-26-2014, 09:40 AM

14,975 posts, read 16,482,706 times
There's no such thing as a weak Democrat. They'd all be 100% certain to beat any Republican. Republicans are horrible racists, blah, blah, blah.

Old 07-26-2014, 03:13 PM

7,168 posts, read 5,373,764 times
I picked Biden because the {R}s would have too much ammunition. For starters he is in the Obama administration and there is 2 years left where will the stock market, UE rate, Obamacare, and foreign policy be in 2016? If the record is not so good it will be impossible for him to run from it, Hillary was smart resigning when she did.
Bernie Sanders would be my next pick,

To the mods my vote did not register, please fix if you can,

Last edited by Swingblade; 07-26-2014 at 03:17 PM.. Reason: note to mods

Old 07-27-2014, 05:12 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,888,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
There's no such thing as a weak Democrat. They'd all be 100% certain to beat any Republican. Republicans are horrible racists, blah, blah, blah.
Wow, not very opinionated are you? Can you tell us why you feel that way? I do not see anything that indicates the GOP is racist.. tell that to Condi Rice, C Powell, Dr Carson, Thomas Sowell, J.C. Watts for starters, as well as the Hispanic and other minorities that serve as Governors of state, senators and house representatives.

Old 07-27-2014, 05:18 AM

29,609 posts, read 16,595,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Wow, not very opinionated are you? Can you tell us why you feel that way? I do not see anything that indicates the GOP is racist.. tell that to Condi Rice, C Powell, Dr Carson, Thomas Sowell, J.C. Watts for starters, as well as the Hispanic and other minorities that serve as Governors of state, senators and house representatives.
Well, Colin Powell said it himself

Colin Powell Calls Out The GOP's Racism Problem: There Is 'A Dark Vein Of Intolerance' | ThinkProgress

Quote:
" There’s also a dark — a dark vein of intolerance in some parts of the party. What do I mean by that? I mean by that that they still sort of look down on minorities. How can I evidence that?
When I see a former governor say that the President is “shuckin’ and jivin’,” that’s racial era slave term. When I see another former governor after the president’s first debate where he didn’t do very well, says that the president was lazy. He didn’t say he was slow. He was tired. He didn’t do well. He said he was lazy. Now, it may not mean anything to most Americans, but to those of us who are African Americans, the second word is shiftless and then there’s a third word that goes along with that. The birther, the whole birther movement. Why do senior Republican leaders tolerate this kind of discussion within the party? "

Old 07-27-2014, 05:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
There's a thread going on right now asking liberals on the board what Clinton stands for, and five page in nobody has been able to answer that question. Biden is a running gaffe-joke and he just needs to take his money and quietly ride off into the sunset after his current gig is done.
Them not answering the question the way you want them to is not the same thing as them not answering.

Biden isnt a gaffe machine, you just seem to judge him based on some unrealistic expectation that no one that high in power should ever make mistakes, and the media has jumped on that by trying to find every little gaffe.

Which one of those gaffes actually mattered in the realm of reality ?

Old 07-27-2014, 05:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
I think any of them would be easily beatable, with the possible exception of Corey Booker. Andrew Cuomo, for example, would be dead in the water on the gun issue alone. If Hillary doesn't run, the Dems are going to have to look for someone analogous to Bill Clinton in 1992. Someone not on the radar who nonetheless has talent. What about Antonio Villaraigosa?
1. No they are not all easily beaten, in the last 20 years, not a single democrat has gotten less than 251 electoral votes.

Every Democrat is going to be hard to beat based on demographics alone. No republican is going to walk into the white house.

2. Cory Booker isnt running for anything.

3. Andrew Cuomo isnt dead on the gun issue. If Barack Obama can win election with the lies you guys on the right spread about him, then so can Cuomo.

4.Antonio Villaraigosa is a mayor. No mayor is going to be elected president, and only a few are stupid enough to run in the first place.

5. Seriously, i know you want minorities on both sides, but you are so over the top it isnt even funny, you are just randomly pulling people of color out of the wazoo.

If you were going to do that, it should have atleast been Duval Patrick.

6. Democrats arent going to "Have to" look for anyone. The party has plenty of candidates. I understand that this was a question posed to the forum, but there is no logic to a lot of these responses.

7. Also the question was who would be the weakest candidate, not who you wanted to run.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections