Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2014, 04:06 PM

3,943 posts, read 6,375,076 times

Advertisements

Make Your Vote Count

"If you truly desire to make your vote count between now and the 2014 U.S. Midterm Election it is important to note that your elected officials in the U.S. Congress need to receive letters and phone calls directly from you. Even if your elected official disagrees with your political position on the issues, he or she must listen to you because they know that you have the power to vote them out of office. They also know that you have the right as one of their constituents to directly lobby to influence the political issues they choose to support or oppose and impact which way they may vote on any pending bill or resolution that is before the U.S. Congress during their term in office."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2014, 04:10 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
I went directly to the candidate.
Attached Thumbnails
Make Your Vote Count November 4th-dsc_3008-20140816-855x1024-.jpg  

Old 08-18-2014, 06:29 PM

1,074 posts, read 949,843 times
Exactly. You vote out your House representatives, senators, and governors that aren't serving the people they represent.

Old 08-20-2014, 10:53 AM

7,595 posts, read 6,089,079 times
Well, we have a challenge here in Florida. We will hold a governors election in November. Currently, we have a democratic primary going on between Former governor Charlie Crist and Challenger Nan Rich. The Media has already conceeded the primary to Crist, and it has not even happened yet.
Since I am a registered democrat, I have somehow gotten placed on the spam list of Nan Rich, a candidate to whom I paid no attention until I started getting Emails from her. Being the kind person I am, I at least took a few minutes to read her ideas, her platforms and think about how she would be as governor. I am glad I did, because based on what I read, I would say that she is NOT someone who should be governor. Problem is, we had Charlie Crist, or as we call him, Charlie "Jesus CHrist!" and he did a pee-poor job as governor when he had his term.
Which brings us to the incumbent, a career criminal and con man Rick Scott, whose nickname should be Rick "I don't care" or "Uh I didn't do it" Scott who has shown for the past 4 years that he has no business being governor.

SO the challenge is to get the word out that we do have a level headed governor who is running under a third party, and that would be Libertarian Adrian Wyllie. Now I am not saying he is the perfect candidate, but he is better than the other two. Polls show him at 4% now, but there is noted concern that he may steal votes from the Republican Rick Scott. However, if I can help it, he will be stealing votes from other conservative democrats like myself. I try to keep the local democrats on task, and towards the right /center, but I am trying to figure out if it would not be better to vote for the underdog in the primary, to give the illusion of dissent within the party, then campaign heavily for Wyllie as governor? Or should I just not t be the hypocrite and skip the primary altogether on the grounds that I am supporting the Libertarian candidate?

Either way, we need Rick Scott out, and Charlie Crist was an inept governor last time as well. Neither one deserves another chance.
Wyllie is a conservative, he understands the need for private competition in education, business and protecting constitutional rights for Florida residents. I will throw time and money in to his arena and hope we can make a difference.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections