Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2014, 01:43 PM

1,696 posts, read 1,715,055 times

Advertisements

Gov. Walker would not promise to serve out his term if re-elected.

He's definitely got his eyes on running for Pres.

Old 09-30-2014, 04:39 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,956,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fancy-Schmancy View Post
Gov. Walker would not promise to serve out his term if re-elected.

He's definitely got his eyes on running for Pres.
Finally some good news!

Old 09-30-2014, 05:39 PM

9,617 posts, read 6,065,647 times
Actually, Wisconsin's recovery is not as bad as portrayed. Slower than others, yes. But not in the tank, like his opposition like to portray.

Governor Walker's opponent, Ms Burke's company shifted manufacture of over 99.5% of their production to China, which of and by itself is the American way. But, it is certainly hyper-hypocritical of her campaign to make the anemic job growth a main talking point. That is another thread, Time to Expose Mary Burke for the Candidate She Is, if one is at all interested in measuring the candidates against one another.
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
All politics is local, buddy.

Walker jumped the shark.
When any Governor promises jobs, he had better make a stab at delivering a few at least. Walker did nothing at all.

Old 09-30-2014, 07:39 PM

3,782 posts, read 4,250,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Didn't increase jobs, even close, to the 250,000 Walker pledged. http://www.politifact.com/wisconsin/...0000-new-jobs/

Walker cut taxes to the wealthy and corporations to the extent that the state is now facing a deficit.Wisconsin state budget shortfall projected at nearly $1.8 billion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NylJy0Vl0Fg
The Liar in Chief had nothing to run and he won.

Old 10-01-2014, 08:09 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,956,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by f5fstop View Post
The Liar in Chief had nothing to run and he won.
Yep, and I'm sure jojan fell all over herself to vote for abject failure Obama in both 2008 and 2012.

Old 10-01-2014, 10:33 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,556,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
As I mentioned, all politics is local. It's a lot easier to remember what a Governor promised than who said what when in D.C.

As far as I know, Obama isn't running for anything in Wisconsin, either, but Walker sure is.

Anyhow… I'm glad to see we are on friendly terms. Thanks kindly for your response.
Not so easy when people are reminded each day by the news cycle what a clown in DC says. He made promises that he never intended to keep.

And yes, Obama is not running for anything is Wisconson, but he certainly is using his influence (such as it is) to support his chosen few who are running with an eye toward continuing his pet policies.

Old 10-01-2014, 04:01 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,371,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
Not so easy when people are reminded each day by the news cycle what a clown in DC says. He made promises that he never intended to keep.

And yes, Obama is not running for anything is Wisconson, but he certainly is using his influence (such as it is) to support his chosen few who are running with an eye toward continuing his pet policies.
As i mentioned a couple of times before, all politics is local.

Of course, that includes outside influences of all kinds coming from both parties, especially in a heated race such as this one is.

But no one votes for those influences. They vote for the candidates. Don't be obtuse.

Old 10-15-2014, 08:49 AM

7,214 posts, read 9,396,200 times
Yesterday Governor Walker said that the minimum wage "serves no purpose". Maybe he can run on trying to get the federal government to repeal the minimum wage. I'm sure that would make his supporters happy.

Old 10-15-2014, 09:00 AM

4,412 posts, read 3,959,936 times
Not that I have much concern over the Wisconsin Governor's race, or Wisconsin politics in general, but here's a very interesting read from January detailing the divergent political paths being taken by Wisconsin and neighboring Minnesota. Twinned Cities Now Following Different Paths - NY Tmes

Quote:
“It’s staggering, really, like night and day,” said Lawrence R. Jacobs, a political scientist at the University of Minnesota. “You’ve got two states with the same history, the same culture, the same people — it’s kind of like they’re cousins. And now they’re looking across the border and seeing one world, then seeing something else entirely on the other side.”
Minnesota has adopted new taxes that are seemingly not business friendly, while Wisconsin has stuck it to the poor and middle class and has a sinking quality of life. How that ultimately plays out for each will be fascinating to watch.

Old 10-16-2014, 05:23 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
Yesterday Governor Walker said that the minimum wage "serves no purpose". Maybe he can run on trying to get the federal government to repeal the minimum wage. I'm sure that would make his supporters happy.
Our ballot has a prop regarding raising our min wage, which is very low. I am voting to have it raised, but I also happen to agree with Walker, min wage really serves no purpose. Salaries will be controlled by supply and demand. The reason I am voting for the bill is: surrounding states have a higher min wage and I would like to make sure we are not losing jobs to those states. If there were no min wages, salaries would be based on what a person is willing to take and what a company is willing to pay. It can be a positive as well as a negative. Min wage is here to stay and no one is going to repeal it. Most people who think things out and do not vote based on emotion only know this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections