Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2014, 05:30 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,279,369 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolac View Post
It really is extremely close. Florida is the only state with a Governor's race where everyone hates both candidates. Medical Marijuana was pushed to increase Dem voter turn out to get Crist elected. If Dems turn out, Crist will get win. Medical Marijuana is apparently not doing as well as hoped, but we will see.
Medical marijuana is not doing as badly as people think, and it angers me a great deal that out-of-state GOP money men such as Sheldon Adelson have been heavily involved in trying to influence the failure of this amendment.

I don't agree that "everyone" hates both candidates, despite that being a popular election theme. I know some Republicans hate Crist, but I do not believe that everyone else does. I voted for Crist first time he ran for Governor as a republican, I like Crist and I was directly and positively impacted by his leadership--my property insurance rates were absolutely correlated to Crist standing up to the insurance companies that began gouging Florida homeowners after the hurricanes in 2005. My rates began escalating as soon as Scott took over. I have friends and know others who also like Crist.

The fact is that nobody likes Rick Scott--he's just not likeable, and there is very little about him to admire. His poll ratings have been in the 30s for his entire term. Those supporting him now are mostly conservatives who either hate Crist, support the Tea Party or simply refuse to vote for a Dem.

Old 11-02-2014, 05:35 PM

5,365 posts, read 6,343,608 times
Scott is just lucky his election comes during a mid-term cycle. If this was during a presidential election he would be done, no question.

Old 11-02-2014, 05:40 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,891,264 times
Default Rick Scott

Well If you compare the Candidates Scott and Crist, Scott has come ahead because of Scotts Record as Gov.
Crist Record left us 350 Million in the hole. Now we have a balance budget and a surplus for a rainy day.

I am Glad my post has at east influence people to look at the facts.

Old 11-02-2014, 05:52 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,891,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Medical marijuana is not doing as badly as people think, and it angers me a great deal that out-of-state GOP money men such as Sheldon Adelson have been heavily involved in trying to influence the failure of this amendment.

I don't agree that "everyone" hates both candidates, despite that being a popular election theme. I know some Republicans hate Crist, but I do not believe that everyone else does. I voted for Crist first time he ran for Governor as a republican, I like Crist and I was directly and positively impacted by his leadership--my property insurance rates were absolutely correlated to Crist standing up to the insurance companies that began gouging Florida homeowners after the hurricanes in 2005. My rates began escalating as soon as Scott took over. I have friends and know others who also like Crist.

The fact is that nobody likes Rick Scott--he's just not likeable, and there is very little about him to admire. His poll ratings have been in the 30s for his entire term. Those supporting him now are mostly conservatives who either hate Crist, support the Tea Party or simply refuse to vote for a Dem.
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Medical Pot is fine, but like all good things people who wish to smoke will complain to their doctors to get a prescription for mad up pain.
They passed Marijuana in Arizona and there is a segment of people who literally walk around stoned are a danger themselves and everyone else.

As Far as Scott, We need a Gov. Who works and gets thongs done. Crist is a pretty boy just addicted to power.

People want results, not excuses. I do not care if Scott is not my best buddy. I want to manage Florida.

Old 11-02-2014, 07:13 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 29 days ago)

29,594 posts, read 16,568,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
Well If you compare the Candidates Scott and Crist, Scott has come ahead because of Scotts Record as Gov.
Crist Record left us 350 Million in the hole. Now we have a balance budget and a surplus for a rainy day.

I am Glad my post has at east influence people to look at the facts.
Christ was Governor during a global recession, context to your facts matters.

Old 11-02-2014, 08:30 PM

22,195 posts, read 19,481,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guamanians View Post
Not to mention that Florida has lots of old people who do have land line phones. I think we have to look at Rubio, and the Pinellas special election last year to see that Scott has a good chance. Also worth watching is the medical marijuana vote. I expect to see a direct relationship of medical marijuana and Charlie Crist.
One thing to look at is the early vote. It has leaned Republican, but less so than in 2010 when Scott won narrowly. My guess at this point is Crist by 2-3%.

Old 11-02-2014, 09:15 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,955,756 times
I have a feeling Crist is going to pull it off.

Old 11-02-2014, 09:26 PM

16,632 posts, read 8,636,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CravingMountains View Post
I mailed my vote for Crist two days ago.

I guess I wouldn't be completely angry about a Scott win. Florida's unemployment rate is on the right track at least. Scott's negligence on the medicaid expansion was really the deciding factor in my vote. Florida (along with Texas) is one of the states that needs this the most. Scotts downright terribleness and strangeness during the debates didn't help sway my vote towards him either.
Wow, I am no big fan of Scott, but to vote for a valueless, coreless, flip flopper like Crist is beyond comprehension.
Also as you point out Scott has created real jobs in FL where as Crist says he takes no responsibility for all the job losses and economy when he was in office.
Did you vote for him the first time he ran for governor?

Old 11-02-2014, 10:51 PM

5,365 posts, read 6,343,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
Wow, I am no big fan of Scott, but to vote for a valueless, coreless, flip flopper like Crist is beyond comprehension.
Also as you point out Scott has created real jobs in FL where as Crist says he takes no responsibility for all the job losses and economy when he was in office.
I wasn't old enough to vote for Crist the first time. And our whole country lost jobs. Hardly Crists fault. And I am tired of Scott twiddling his thumbs on Medicaid expansion.

Old 11-02-2014, 11:22 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 29 days ago)

29,594 posts, read 16,568,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
Every single state had net job lose between 2006 and 2010, every single one.

By your logic, all 36 Governors up for re election during that time period should have lost their re election bids if they ran in 2010.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.