Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2014, 07:14 AM

6,218 posts, read 7,733,126 times

Advertisements

They're both crooked as hades. But at least Scott stands for something. Even if it is a petty as abiding by a no electronics rule at a debate. He's a principled crook. Crist will break a rule, just to see what he can get away with. That's what I took away from the whole "fan thing".

Crist just does what he wants, the way he wants. As it has been said, which way the wind blows, is the way Charlie goes.

Scott, the lesser of two evils.

Sure wish I had a better choice, tho.......

CN.......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2014, 07:49 AM

19,848 posts, read 12,113,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
It's an interesting race. Aren't both one-termers? Florida seems to have a way of being comfortable switching back to a former winner after voting him out earlier. In most states, you don't see that very much.

I wonder why this is...
When did Florida switch back to a former winner?

Old 10-28-2014, 08:26 AM

8,061 posts, read 4,888,780 times
Default A or B

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRR View Post
Looks like we cancelled out each others vote. I am no raging fan of Charlie Crist, but I've disagreed with Rick Scott's policies from day one.
Well this is the next year I will return home to Arizona. Frankly being away for 7 years I am not pleased way things are here. Its both Candidates, They are flawed by beyond words and have less than a shining public service record.

Old 10-28-2014, 08:44 AM

2,852 posts, read 1,615,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
A $1.7 BILLION fraud settlement is basically what kept Scott's ass out of jail.

So do you support the Republican Charlie, the Democratic Charlie, or the now-today-Independent Charlie?

Old 10-28-2014, 08:52 AM

8,061 posts, read 4,888,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumf View Post
So do you support the Republican Charlie, the Democratic Charlie, or the now-today-Independent Charlie?
Frankly the Scott fraud case was decided by the court, I am not going to be up Scott for what was probably done in middle management. (usual is)

Justice was served. We can not go on retrying people just because some disagree with the outcome.

Old 10-28-2014, 10:48 AM

22,193 posts, read 19,473,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumf View Post

Not really much of a supporter of either Charlie, if I was in Florida this would be a hold my nose vote. Just would rather him over Medicare Fraud Ricky.

Old 10-30-2014, 01:31 AM

5,365 posts, read 6,341,250 times
I voted for Crist today. I actually went into watching the debates will a very open mind to Rick Scott, but was extremely disappointed with what I saw.

Old 10-30-2014, 03:54 AM

29,219 posts, read 22,380,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
When did Florida switch back to a former winner?
I didn't phrase it well… one or the other will be a former winner this election.

I was thinking about Alan Grayson, who wins, loses, and comes back with another win. At least his district seems to be comfortable switching back and forth. Other districts in Florida may not be as comfortable.

Old 10-30-2014, 08:12 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,785,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CravingMountains View Post
I voted for Crist today. I actually went into watching the debates will a very open mind to Rick Scott, but was extremely disappointed with what I saw.
It seems very close still and very interesting. You voted based on the debates, our daughter and son is law voted based on them as well, plus concerns they have about Christ and voted for Scott. This shows how close it will be and how people think.

Old 10-30-2014, 08:18 AM

19,848 posts, read 12,113,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
I didn't phrase it well… one or the other will be a former winner this election.

I was thinking about Alan Grayson, who wins, loses, and comes back with another win. At least his district seems to be comfortable switching back and forth. Other districts in Florida may not be as comfortable.
Grayson won this time in Osceola County. Previously he won, then lost in Orange County. I'm not sure without looking it up but the district may have been redrawn?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections