Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2014, 11:08 PM

4,583 posts, read 3,410,946 times

Advertisements

And FWIW, gas here was $2.25 when Obama took office, BUT it was $4.79 6 months before he took office. Even though I am a Republican, I don't buy the false comparisons.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2014, 11:10 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,198,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
The dems are a joke and I'd be embarrassed to say I was a republican, even though I tend to agree with them more on fiscal matters.

What's my take from the night?

Who cares. Didn't vote, and from what I see the dems deserved to get pounded out there.

I'm a free agent now.
If you didn't vote, you aren't an Independent or a "free agent," you are just a nonvoter.

Old 11-05-2014, 11:17 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,750,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DONNIEANDDONNA417 View Post
Obama didn't fail at anything. He just was presented with so much with so little. He's only one person. You can't make everybody happy.

Can we please give our president some credit?...he did emlinated Osama Bin Laden, he ended the war in iraq, turned around the US auto industry, gas is at it lowest in 7 years due to his boost in fuel efficiency standards, unemployment is at its lowest.
It's Obama's fault.

Americans are waking up Donnie, you should too.

Old 11-06-2014, 05:47 AM

3,266 posts, read 5,636,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
I missed that one Donna 501. I looked at another site that gave me my info. Actually wanted the real DonnieandDonna to refute but thanks for the graph ... it was quite informative. I'll not make that snafu again.

Any of my other claims to refute?

Old 11-06-2014, 11:09 PM

73,048 posts, read 62,646,469 times
I did vote. Some were Democrat, some were Libertarian candidates, and some were write-ins. I do not like the current governor that Georgia has. I voted against him, twice. He is still governor. I have voted Republican before. It didn't work for me. I've voted across the board. Personally, I'm facing what I've already known. I have to leave the area I'm living in.

Old 11-07-2014, 05:25 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,717,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyB View Post
Geesh, give it up for once, will ya?
Every court needs a Jester.

Old 11-07-2014, 07:36 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,959,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I did vote. Some were Democrat, some were Libertarian candidates, and some were write-ins. I do not like the current governor that Georgia has. I voted against him, twice. He is still governor. I have voted Republican before. It didn't work for me. I've voted across the board. Personally, I'm facing what I've already known. I have to leave the area I'm living in.
Cuba would be a good fit for you.

Old 11-07-2014, 09:47 AM

9,617 posts, read 6,067,889 times
Georgia: #1 state for biz by several sources

Hope Scholarship saved by Gov Deal: The father of the Hope Scholarship, former Democratic Governor and Senator Zell Miller endorsed Deal.

Could go on., but it is unnecessary. Seems like you are being awfully dramatic and narrow in your choice to live. There is no Shangri la.
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post

Old 11-07-2014, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthlyfather View Post
Georgia: #1 state for biz by several sources

Hope Scholarship saved by Gov Deal: The father of the Hope Scholarship, former Democratic Governor and Senator Zell Miller endorsed Deal.

Could go on., but it is unnecessary. Seems like you are being awfully dramatic and narrow in your choice to live. There is no Shangri la.
Zell Miller has changed since he left office. I don't trust him anymore. Things have changed in Georgia since the 2000s.

#1 in business? Georgia has one of the highest unemployment rates in the nation. One reason I'm trying to leave.

Narrow in my choices of where to live? I've lived in Georgia since the mid 1990s. If anything, leaving would open up a world of options for me. The only reason I'm in GA now is because I can't afford to move. I moved there as a child when the economy was good. Now the economy isn't where it should be.

Old 11-07-2014, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Cuba would be a good fit for you.
So, you're saying because I didn't vote Republican, that I belong in Cuba? Do you know how illogical of a statement that is?

Furthermore, I voted for some Libertarians. Last time I checked, Cuba isn't exactly the place for Libertarians. If you intend to make crass comments, I would at least come up with something more logical.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections